wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I'll just reinterate what I posted in the other Mirkwood Elf thread.

Be careful with TRU orders because they are known to cancel out order for products thay've made mistakes on or have sold out of. This happens with Star Wars and Transformers stuff all the time, because their stocking/inventory is so wonky. I can't count how many times Masterpiece Prime was added and then pulled from TRUs site and how many people had orders cancelled.

I hope everyone who order any get them in.

I got confirmation and tracking number mine has shipped, but nothing comes up when I check the tracking number. I assume this means it's all packaged up and ready to be picked up by the shipper. I can't wait to get them! I am still gonna check TRU regularly to try and snag a few more though, or hope they are put back up online next week when the rest of the hobbit sets are officially released.

Just finished building Bag End. Absolutely amazing, the lush colors and new pieces are amazing. It's nice to get a peaceful set as opposed to conflict, a common theme in the licensed world. The box is downsized to make it feel more "full." My favorite minifigure has to be Bilbo himself, I just love his happy smile on his face.

I went to my local TRU in Kalamazoo, MI and they had no polybags and no Hobbit sets...what a wasted trip! I'll try again tomorrow though!

I got a shipping notice for my polybag sets about an hour ago. I also got the Goblin king battle and Unexpected journey sets from Kmart's website. I just wish I had time to build them.

Eh, I would imagine the characters themselves are much more desirable than just the hair pieces in those sets, and would easily drive the sales alone. Both of those sets have their entire minifigure range made up of exclusive characters, other than Bilbo in the Barrel Escape and parts of the elf guard. I mean sure people who ONLY want the hair piece might buy the entire $30 or $40 set for it, but I find that hard to believe. They would be more likely to go to Bricklink or eBay if they are that die hard. With the Mirkwood Spider set having 2 exclusive dwarves, exclusive Tauriel, and Legolas in exclusive clothing, and the Barrel Escape having 2 more exclusive dwarves and the exclusive Elf Captain/Butler, it's hard not to buy them, even if they elven hair piece is in a cheap polybag.

I don't mean that people are buying the sets just for the hair. That would be pretty silly IMO. AFOLs that only want hairpieces are sure to hit Bricklink for their Elf armies, not buy $40 sets for two hairpieces. But the hair does add a bit of exclusivity to each set. It's one of the special pieces that, taken as a group, add up to "I want this set, maybe two of them." For every one of those special pieces that you include in a $5 polybag, you take away one of the things that make the $40 set attractive.

I saw 4 of the Hobbit sets at my local Wal-Mart tonight (Lincoln, NE). We are in the middle of the country so I would be amazed if pretty much everywhere doesn't have them now. It seems like we are the last to receive any new product the majority of the time. I didn't buy any since I am waiting for a sale and my Christmas haul is already ridiculous. Happy hunting everyone.

any news on the european market.... can't wait to get the sets and "sinterklaas" is on it's way

I saw 4 of the Hobbit sets at my local Wal-Mart tonight (Lincoln, NE). We are in the middle of the country so I would be amazed if pretty much everywhere doesn't have them now. It seems like we are the last to receive any new product the majority of the time. I didn't buy any since I am waiting for a sale and my Christmas haul is already ridiculous. Happy hunting everyone.

Which location? 27th St?

any news on the european market.... can't wait to get the sets and "sinterklaas" is on it's way

I was shopping today and visited a toyshop or 3 (Belgium). No sign of them yet but I don't want to spoil your fun but I think you won't be seeing them til' the very end of December. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't release before the second part of January. But I guess you will be able to buy them from the official lego-website in a week or 2.

I was shopping today and visited a toyshop or 3 (Belgium). No sign of them yet but I don't want to spoil your fun but I think you won't be seeing them til' the very end of December. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't release before the second part of January. But I guess you will be able to buy them from the official lego-website in a week or 2.

Officialy the sets we'll be realesed worldwide on Dec 1.So we europeans wont wait for long.

Officialy the sets we'll be realesed worldwide on Dec 1.So we europeans wont wait for long.

Right, the sets aren't even supposed to be released "officially" till next week. It seems like Lego has been pretty strict with this as some sites have put them up temporarily and then removed the listings almost immediately. Amazon had a couple sets for pre-sale yesterday and they were gone a few hours later. TRU had the Mirkwood Elf Guard and it was taken down within a day. This makes me wonder if K-mart had some special deal with Lego to release the sets early, or they just released em despite being told not to by Lego. It seems weird K-mart of all places would have a deal with Lego as K-mart never even gets exclusive sets like Wal-mart/Target/TRU, and due to the fact K-mart is on the verge of going under.

I find it strange that Toys Toys Toys here in Toronto had every set except for Barrel Escape almost a week ago. They likely got their shipment and decided to put them on shelves early. Even though their prices are stupid high ($160 CAD for the Goblintown set, almost $20 for Riddles) these sets are worth it, I think.

Which location? 27th St?

I was able to find the polybags at the TRU on N. 27th(Lincoln), but they said they wouldn't stock sets until the November 27th. I'm not in the market for the sets yet, but was happy to see the polybags, and they had 20-25 of them, picked up 3 for now.

Here's a Games Workshop look at Goblintown, including the Great Goblin's throne.

I find it almost cruel that LEGO is officially releasing these sets four days after Black Friday. I still hold out some small, idiotic hope that my store will have them on the shelves Friday morning when I get to the mall early and wait in line like a fool.

I picked up Mirkwood Spiders and the Ring set today at Walmart. They also had the wargs set and bagend but my keeps reminding me that I need to leave things for people to get me for Christmas :( So I'll probably wait for the rest of them. FYI the sets were not in the Lego isle. They were on a stand in a main isle.

On a side note, I too received a tracking number from TRU so it looks like the orders are being honored.

I stopped by my local TRU today, and they did have some of the sets. I grabbed the Mirkwood Spiders ( $34.99), Riddles for the ring, ( $12.99) and 1 polybag ($4.99). No Barrels or Warg sets to be found, which are now the only 2 I'm missing.

I went back to my TRU today and they had about 100 of the Mirkwood Elf Polybag out! I only bought 5 so my wife won't leave me, but no Hobbit sets....

I still have yet to find anything anywhere! Guess I have to wait until next Tuesday, though I'm hoping TRU gets them Saturday.

I live in Tampa, FL and no such luck with the polybags or the Hobbit sets. I have tried places in Tampa and St. Petersburg at Toys R us, Walmart, and Kmart. Hopefully the Mirkwood Elf Guard will be available online next week.

I did notice that people in Ocala and Miami have been successful. The Toys R us locations that I did visit had no polybags except for the Minifig series, that may be a factor as well.

Edited by Mahtion

No TRU Mirkwood Elf polybags here either. Although that's probably because the place looks like a warzone gearing up for BF.

I live in Tampa, FL and no such luck with the polybags or the Hobbit sets. I have tried places in Tampa and St. Petersburg at Toys R us, Walmart, and Kmart. Hopefully the Mirkwood Elf Guard will be available online next week.

I did notice that people in Ocala and Miami have been successful. The Toys R us locations that I did visit had no polybags except for the Minifig series, that may be a factor as well.

For me, the Boca and Coral Springs locations didn't have any...

I honestly registered for this forum because I wanted to keep track of where the Mirkwood Elf Guard Polybag has been found available. I cannot wait to get Barrel Escape as well because I love Elves, especially Noldor like Ecthelion. My biggest disappointment has to be the lack of Orcrist in the Wargs Attack set.

At a TRU near me the salesperson said that they had the Hobbit Lego sets, but had to take them off the shelfs because the license with The Hobbit Movie wouldn't let them be sold yet, not Lego. Interesting right!