wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Oh, thanks.

The LEGO Club Magazine appears to state there will be more than one: "Add to your Lord of the Rings collection with exclusive sets available at Toys "R" Us in December".

Does anyone know anything about this?

I believe the second one is the Mirkwood Spiders one.

-Sci

Hey guys blockpartybricks is now selling Bombur, Balin Bofur, and Dwalin, the best detailing in my mind is the Dwalin but then i like the Balin figure cuz hes my fav from the book.

Edited by LegoLotRGuy

Indeed what you said, he looks like a taller Kili (even the clothes are almost the same) :cry_sad:

Doesn't look to good for having a new minifigure...

Thos bard pictures has been online quite some months. I don't think he looks much like Kili. His facial hair is diferent, his costumes and its color is way different. Not to mention he will have normal legs with printing on them..

I just wondering why LEGO doesn't release a big LotR exclusive set like a Star Wars UCS set between the summer and the winter wave?

I mean... it would come before Christmas and many of the older ones (which are thrilled by LotR, and there are many of them) would buy that LEGO set.

And Middle-eart offers many lovely places.

:look: ??

I just wondering why LEGO doesn't release a big LotR exclusive set like a Star Wars UCS set between the summer and the winter wave?

I mean... it would come before Christmas and many of the older ones (which are thrilled by LotR, and there are many of them) would buy that LEGO set.

LEGO didn't how (if) profitable the LOTR sets would become.

Something tells me we will get a D2C set for LotR someday!

I hope so! I'm not very much into either, but for the pieces and building techniques, I would be several times more inclined to buy a LotR D2C than a SW D2C.

For those of you that don't know, there's a video on YT about the minifigures Balin and Bofur. Just search for "lego the hobbit" and select "upload date" and you'll find it.

As mentioned, Lego is testing the waters. These days, it pays to be patient and Lego knows they can't just come out with a huge set in the first wave for an unproven Lego line. LOTR is huge, but no one could have predicted how well a Lego LOTR line would do. Personally, I prefer it if Lego takes it slow. I've seen alot of collectible lines, both retail and online, that have crashed and burned by over doing their early products and mis-gauging what the fanbase wants.

I'm surprised by the amount of stickers in The Goblin King Battle. I really thought LEGO wouldn't include so many stickers in their LOTR/The Hobbit sets, since they would expect a lot of AFOLs would be the ones buying the sets. I guess it's because The Hobbit will be in theatres soon and apparently the movie is aimed at a younger audience that the LOTR trilogy. Anyway, I can't wait for the video reviews and I hope there will be few to none stickers in the Attack of the Wargs set.

Nice, Dori's hair looks better than I thought it would - it looked a bit awkward from the straight front. I think it could be used for an elderly woman, which is nice. There hasn't been too many choices for grey hair.

I really don't like the fact the goblin's faces peak through the bottom on the back. How hard is it to ensure the faces are printed high enough up, or the cap comes down far enough that the faces don't show through the bottom on the back? Honestly I would rather only have a one sided face over it showing through on the back, since the double sided faces are hardly that different anyways. Other than that it looks like a great set and I can't wait to get it!

Edited by Deathleech

I really don't like the fact the goblin's faces peak through the bottom on the back. How hard is it to ensure the faces are printed high enough up, or the cap comes down far enough that the faces don't show through the bottom on the back?

Indeed. I can somewhat understand that with Ori whose hair piece is an old one, but the goblins have an all new head piece that is used nowhere else, so there's really no excuse for that.

Ori's isn't even that bad, it hardly peaks through and I could imagine it being neck hair or something. How do you explain teeth on the back of the goblin's heads though? :sceptic:

Maybe it's still possible to change it? I don't know how many TGKB sets have already been produced?

Nah doesen't work like that. Also the faces would be squished if they tried.

It seems that Tauriel her two daggers are different on the poster where all the Hobbit figures are shown (as shown in the brickset review of the Goblin King Lair) then that on the pictures of the set itself :wacko:

So what colour will those daggers be actually?

It seems that Tauriel her two daggers are different on the poster where all the Hobbit figures are shown (as shown in the brickset review of the Goblin King Lair) then that on the pictures of the set itself :wacko:

So what colour will those daggers be actually?

The ones that are seen on the boxart are the ones we'll get. The silver hilted ones in the CG image are a colouring mistake made by the CG artists. Her daggers are exactly the same as the Dagger of Time from the Prince of Persia theme.

Ack! Those goblins look terrible. Oozy, bumpy flesh and bad headpieces. Looks like these orcs have been inbreeding for way too long - it's a whole tribe of Gothmogs. I have to say, the set itself looks nicer than I thought from the first blurry pictures. The textures are amazing, and the play features have been very nicely integrated with the design. The dwarf minifigs are also great. But the goblins are just ick.