wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

If they do make this minifig then it's a great opportunity for a Sauron minifig in the same set! Fingers crossed :classic:

My thoughts exactly! I really hope we see that elven blade used more as well. It looks really awesome! Hopefully they'll make Legolas's knives in the future too!

We know that Elrond is in The Hobbit... could he possibly be incorporated into the Battle of Five Armies or something? If not, this may be a sign of LOTR sets mingled with the Hobbit wave!

We know that Elrond is in The Hobbit... could he possibly be incorporated into the Battle of Five Armies or something? If not, this may be a sign of LOTR sets mingled with the Hobbit wave!

The Battle of Five Armies is going to be in the second movie so I'm guessing this points to a mix of LOTR and Hobbit sets in the next wave. Could be wrong though, the other images in the gallery are all CGI so this one could be as well.

I have a hard time believing that Lego is going to produce any sets based on the Last Alliance, as much as I would love (LOVE) them to. I would imagine that they will focus their ideas on the events which happen in the LOTR and the Hobbit respectively. That being said, I could totally see Elrond dusting off his armor and joining the battle of the five armies in the second Hobbit film. Heck, who knows what Peter Jackson will toss in his version of the Hobbit. Maybe there is some skirmish that he is going to add in the first movie that we don't know about yet which involves Elrond throwing down.

All I know is that minifigure of Elrond in his armor NEEDS to be made! And that elven spear is delicious. :wub:

Things like this is the whole reason that I am so excited about this line and why I have forsaken my favored Star Wars sets in order to save more money for LOTR ones.

This gives me high hopes for the Hobbit line. Here's hoping that we hear something at the SDCC! Anyone else find themselves checking this thread constantly in hopes of news of the Hobbit sets? :grin:

Could be wrong though, the other images in the gallery are all CGI so this one could be as well.

I'm not sure...looks like an actual minifigure to me. Especially the cloth cape.

In The Hobbit, the White Council drives Sauron out of Dol Guldur. This is “offstage” in the book — and, in fact, Elrond is explicitly stated to not participate — but it will doubtless be different in the movies.

Anyone else find themselves checking this thread constantly in hopes of news of the Hobbit sets? :grin:

That's me! I just leave the thread open on my smartphone do it reloads whenever I go to my browser! :laugh:

That Elrond figure looks sick and I, along with everyone else, would love Lego to make one. I do hope that Lego does do some figures from the last alliance as that was in the movie and even though it is short it plays a big part of the story as that is when Sauron loses the one Ring. Also if Lego ever does a proper Narsil blade that would be cool too. :classic:

That's me! I just leave the thread open on my smartphone do it reloads whenever I go to my browser! :laugh:

:laugh: Each time I check back I hope that the page number count has jumped significantly which normally indicates some news or new pictures have been found. There is a good chance many of our questions about the Hobbit sets could be answered on July 11th when the San Diego Comic Convention begins.

Also if Lego ever does a proper Narsil blade that would be cool too. :classic:

I would imagine that they will create Narsil for The Return of the King sets eventually. I mean, they made Sting, Uruk-hai swords, and elven bows and Narsil plays a bigger role in the books and movies than any of those weapons do.

Edited by djmangunz

I think it would be good to have a set of 'The Last Alliance' along with the sets from The Hobbit..

Think about it - if anything, it should work best that way, I suppose. Would like to have some more LOTR sets too, though.

Edited by General Magma

I think it would be good to have a set of 'The Last Alliance' along with the sets from The Hobbit..

Think about it - if anything, it should work best that way, I suppose. Would like to have some more LOTR sets too, though.

I can see battlepacks of the Last Alliance hitting the stores! Maybe a mix of Elves and Men, or packs for Men, Elves and Orcs. Now that would be great. I'm still waiting for some Riders of Rohan battlepacks too.

I can see battlepacks of the Last Alliance hitting the stores! Maybe a mix of Elves and Men, or packs for Men, Elves and Orcs. Now that would be great. I'm still waiting for some Riders of Rohan battlepacks too.

There is a much higher demand for Gondor/Orc/Uruk-hai/Rohirrim battlepacks, so I'm not sure if they would do Last Alliance battlepacks...

I think they would just make a "The Last Alliance" set with Sauron, Elrond, some Noldorian elves, some Men, a few orcs, Isildur and some scenery around. Although there's something about that figure count that may push me back to thinking that battlepacks are likelier than this...

Edited by General Magma

There is a much higher demand for Gondor/Orc/Uruk-hai/Rohirrim battlepacks, so I'm not sure if they would do Last Alliance battlepacks...

I think they would just make a "The Last Alliance" set with Sauron, Elrond, some Noldorian elves, some Men, a few orcs, Isildur and some scenery around. Although there's something about that figure count that may push me back to thinking that battlepacks are likelier than this...

Yeah, the figure count seems a bit high. Even with just two of each race (along with Isildur, Sauron and Elrond) is 9 figs for a less important scene. Battle packs would be great, but same ad everyone else, I'm hoping for Narsil and Sauron.

I really hope that the lotr theme is gonna be like the starwars theme, in terms of length and continuation. So many things I would like to see legofied, especially the witch king (with fell beast please :tongue: ) and if there are going to be battlepacks, I would like to see a haradrim/men of the east battlepack. The ones entering the black gate in the movies are awesome.

I really hope that the lotr theme is gonna be like the starwars theme, in terms of length and continuation.

There's something we can do about that: buy, buy, BUY! :wink:

I imagine that the sales figures right now are crucial in LEGO's determination of how many future sets to develop. I'm planning on buying doubles of some sets just to throw in my support, as it were.

I have all 7 sets, and I am tempted to buy a second 9471 Uruk-Hai army set. I'll wait until I see one on sale.

I think Lego did a good job of balancing appeal to AFOL + LoTR nuts (who want above all else, tons of detail), and the little kids who haven't seen the movies by staying true to the castle formula of good guys vs bad guys, and adding lots of action features to sets and the box art itself being drool-worthy.

Whoa looks sick! Here's hoping for an actual minifig!

7483646592_6bf1f413a0_z.jpg

COOL! :sweet::thumbup:

That sounds good!

I want moccing a big scene about the "Battle of Dargolard"! Including Isildur, Elendil and Sauron.

May I ask if LEGO is willing to produce the Noldor King Gil-galad? :blush: Yes, I want them all. THEM ALL(!)^^

I'll be damned, I really hope for a battle pack of the Last Alliance:

-with 2.Age-Gondor soldiers

-and 2.Age-Noldor soldiers)

I want to create a fascinating battle where Sauron is loosing his ring!

LEGO PPLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!! :sing:

Yeah, the figure count seems a bit high. Even with just two of each race (along with Isildur, Sauron and Elrond) is 9 figs for a less important scene. Battle packs would be great, but same ad everyone else, I'm hoping for Narsil and Sauron.

I guess an Uruk-hai Army sized set could work with Elrond, Isildur, Sauron, 1 Noldorian elf, 1 Man and 1 orc... Can't replace Isildur either since he's

a key character, so that's the way it might work. Perhaps they could toss in another generic figure.. not sure how they'd handle the set though,

there's not much to it otherwise. No vehicles, just rocks, hills, mountains 'n all... I guess they should just do battlepacks unless they can find out a good way

to have the set consist of a good amount of figures, as well as consistent of a good supply of parts.

I have all 7 sets, and I am tempted to buy a second 9471 Uruk-Hai army set. I'll wait until I see one on sale.

I think Lego did a good job of balancing appeal to AFOL + LoTR nuts (who want above all else, tons of detail), and the little kids who haven't seen the movies by staying true to the castle formula of good guys vs bad guys, and adding lots of action features to sets and the box art itself being drool-worthy.

I have every set except for the Orc Forge. I have three of the Uruk Army sets, and plan on buying 8 more to complete my Helm's Deep.

I agree with you that LEGO accomplished a balance between I'd friendly sets and details wanted by AFOLs. I remember when this theme was first announce, after I had a little freak out of excitement, I was thinking of how they would tackle such a grand story, based on films that aren't really child friendly. Then I thought if how they did POTC, which is a little more kid friendly, but still it's pretty scary, and knew they would be able to make it work. The result is outstanding.

I think a major reason why these sets are selling so well is, aside from all the LOTR fans, there are plenty of castle fans who buy these sets for parts, and I think some parents would be more willing to buy their kid a set based around heroes fighting magical creatures, such as orcs, rather than sets that, although very child-oriented, that show humans fighting humans. I know LEGO never showed their Kingdoms sets in a violent nature, but there are probably lots of kids who are not afraid to decapitate their knights in battle. So it would be better if they weren't all humans being killed, but rather creatures that are completely imaginary. Then again, I may be completely wrong.

The human vs human aspect is very interesting. It's certainly close to modern-era warfare (ie WW2) which Lego is hell bent on avoiding.

Iv'e just seen Argos's prices for the sets in the UK! :sing:

Are these prices the actual ones? They're massive! When I converted the dollar prices on the toyfair pictures getting all the sets totalled about £238, but calculating them with these prices is £320! *oh2* hat's almost a £100 overpriced! How can the Uruk-Hai army cost £30, when it is the size of one and a half battle packs, not three!

I will refuse to buy any at that price! :angry:

Are these prices the actual ones? They're massive! When I converted the dollar prices on the toyfair pictures getting all the sets totalled about £238, but calculating them with these prices is £320! *oh2* hat's almost a £100 overpriced! How can the Uruk-Hai army cost £30, when it is the size of one and a half battle packs, not three!

Usually, the dollar prices are the equivalent of the euro and pound prices.

Yeah I bought the urukhai army set for 32 euro and the orc forge for 40, which i thought wasn't that expensive.

That elrond fig looks awesome btw! Especially the elven blade, I've been waiting for such a blade for a very long time. And it seems that we finally get a black haired elf cut.

For sure the UK prices are too high at the moment. I'm hoping it's just early bird premium pricing, and prices will drop closer to US in a couple of months time.. I'm just picking up a couple of the smaller sets to wet my palate initially. I'll wait for some discounts before purchasing the big sets. I received a VIP members 10% off voucher for Lego store purchases ending July 31st. So I'm hoping they show in the lego shops before then.