wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I took a look at that. It was a really great review. I must say I love the back of the boxes for these sets. I love how, since these sets don't have a lot of 'function' features, they just showcase the weapons and the figures in battle setups. It looks really cool and makes the boxes very appealing. Also, the more I see it, the more I love Éomer's helmet.

Also, on a note related to Éomer, sidersdd, I asked you to take a picture of Éomer with Elizabeth Swann hair. I noticed you put it on Gandalf, which made me chuckle. I guess it must have been late, and everyone has been asking for special pictures, so if you could maybe take the pic with the hair on Éomer, that would be great!

EDIT: Also, I remember Durin's Bane saying he heard the release of these sets had been pushed to May 21st or something, and I was wondering if anyone else has heard something like that, or if there is any backing to this information?

Lego store manager said it.

Well, that's some pretty good backing! :laugh: I think I'll definitely be picking up one, if not more, Uruk-Hai army sets when I get the chance.

Well, that should mean that it is true, but what I'm curious about is whether the new release date pertains to both the US and Canada, or just the US.

Well, that should mean that it is true, but what I'm curious about is whether the new release date pertains to both the US and Canada, or just the US.

Are there any informations about Germany or Europe in general? I can't wait :(

I am just waiting for the sets to appear around here. The problem is that it will be a long time before that since the Avengers sets haven´t appeared even though they were released a long time ago.

Alas, I went to two Toys R Uses (Is that how you spell it?) and found nothing. But they will be in by Friday, so that's great news!

Alas, I went to two Toys R Uses (Is that how you spell it?) and found nothing. But they will be in by Friday, so that's great news!

It is spelled Toys R Us. And how do you know they will be around by Friday?

It is spelled Toys R Us.

Yes, but JackJonespaw was asking about spelling the plural of Toys R Us.

TRUes? Toys R Us's? TRU's? :laugh: Maybe just say "I went to two Toys R Us stores".

Target has a release date of Wed, May 16th. The bus that runs from here to my closest Target runs on Tues and Thurs, so I'll be riding with George instead of Richard.

I haven't checked anything yet, but in January they said at the new Lego-Store Saarbrücken that they will sell the LotR-Sets in May.

Amazon.de lists the sets for June 23rd.

Uruk-Hai Army 39.99 Euro

Gandalf Arrives 14.99

Mines of Moria 79,99

Helms Deep 139,99

The prices are a kick in the nuts IMHO.

I called the Sherway Gardens Toronto LEGO Store today, and they said that they haven't heard anything yet about a release for LOTR. But, they did say that if sets have started showing up early in places like the US, then it is likely that the release date has been moved to an earlier date. The person i was talking to said to call back on friday, because that is when they usually get news of upcoming releases and new shipments of sets. I know that this news is kinda pointless, but I will definitely report back on friday with any news I find.

Found all of these today at a TRU in Kentucky. Didn't grab any though (I was more interested in the Monster Fighter sets).

Helms Deep figs added to my flickr group:

I'll shoot Weathertop figs tomorrow.

Edited by sidersdd

Helms Deep figs added to my flickr group:

I'll shoot Weathertop figs tomorrow.

Those figs look great! Aragorn, despite the (somewhat) inaccurate pants, looks perfect. Both Theoden and Haldir are just plain beautiful. The berserker is good, but could have been better (dark red rather than reddish brown, new helmet, berserker sword). Can't wait to see the Weathertop figs.

Also, when you do the Weathertop figs, could you possibly take a few other pics as well: Eomer with Elizabeth Swann hair (you did Gandalf before :laugh: ), and Theoden (mad face) with dark tan Aragorn hair, if possible?

Also, when you do the Weathertop figs, could you possibly take a few other pics as well: Eomer with Elizabeth Swann hair (you did Gandalf before :laugh: ), and Theoden (mad face) with dark tan Aragorn hair, if possible?

Just to add another request to this post - can you please also take a pic of Eomer with the maiden hairpiece (that is if you have it)

twn119.jpg

Picked up these sets today - even got a 40% discount :) . . . Anyways, they are all amazing. The detail on the mini-figs is great. I have to say, the orcs are well-done. I am absolutely in love with them. They look 100 times better than the orcs in CASTLE.

With all that said, I found the Legolas, and Aragon figs to be lacking. They should've added a cloak to the figs. Also, I wish Legolas' head piece allowed room for a quiver (much like the orcs' head piece does). Oh well.

These sets truly are a must buy.

Amazon.de lists the sets for June 23rd.

Uruk-Hai Army 39.99 Euro

Gandalf Arrives 14.99

Mines of Moria 79,99

Helms Deep 139,99

The prices are a kick in the nuts IMHO.

Sadly enough the prices are no suprise but it seems like we still have to wait more than a month for the sets to be released.

Sadly enough the prices are no suprise but it seems like we still have to wait more than a month for the sets to be released.

Would it make sense to order elsewhere? I have no experience with ordering stuff from other countries. What do European buyers think?

I would start with 4 Gandalf arrives for horses, gray capes, dark tan parts etc., but not for 15 Euro each.

Would it make sense to order elsewhere? I have no experience with ordering stuff from other countries. What do European buyers think?

I would start with 4 Gandalf arrives for horses, gray capes, dark tan parts etc., but not for 15 Euro each.

I simply don't trust all the Ebay auctions because I have had bad experiences in the past. Complete set but I guess the minifigs decided to stay with their owner :angry: (and yes it did say the minifigs were in fact included in the set.)

And I often bought stuff from online shops (Amazon, bol.com, etc.) but when you only buy small amounts, the shipping costs make it as expensive as if you would buy it in the retail shops near home.

At Toysrus.com they have an offer where if you buy any LOTR set you get a free Aragorn poster!

Also I just got Shelob & Gandalf sets and they are amazing off to order Mines o' Moria! :thumbup: