Masked Builder

Jedi Temple Mafia - Day One

This is a dire situation indeed Master Yoda, and it pains me greatly that one of our own was killed within our own temple. :sad:

No, I have my suspicions, but only time, meditation, and honest discussion will confirm or deny them."

You do Master Corobb? Will you be so kind as to enlighten us all? :sweet:

So quick to jump on me, you're lucky I don't cut off your strange little pigtails right here, Aayla, and see whose side you're on. At least that'd get us somewhere.

"Careful there, Skywalker. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to hats. I don't like hats, as I cannot wear them. :cry_sad: "

In the event that someone stumbles across some important information mid-day, I'm not sure how you would have them bring it up, anyway, without immediately drawing attention to themselves. Additionally, let's assume that we sit at a tie of 12-12-1, and your supposed investigator decides to change their vote at the end, making it 11-13-1. That's a majority, and come tomorrow, if the investigator's judgment was not clouded, then we will have gotten a Sith lynched. If, however, someone were to switch that same vote, but tomorrow we find that we have lynched an innocent member of our Order, then we can start in on that person's reasoning for having switched their vote.

Unfortunately, we cannot change our votes. We must know our suspect with certainty before we place our vote for them.

I for one think that we all should vote for whomever we all view as the most suspicious when the time comes, and we should all think hard before we act, for each of us only has one chance to vote and cannot take it back. We all should try to find someone we can vote for because if we do not use our one power to lynch, then we let the scum have a free night to kill more of us.

You do Master Corobb? Will you be so kind as to enlighten us all? :sweet:

He's already explained his words:

"Perhaps 'suspicions' was the incorrect term, I simply mean there are those of us here I would be less likely to trust, initially, than others. Those of us with 'silver tongues', as I believe humans say. For now, it speaks more to metagaming my own paranoia than to any solid suspicion of wrongdoing. I hope this has cleared things up."

Unfortunately, we cannot change our votes. We must know our suspect with certainty before we place our vote for them.

D'oh, you're right, poorly written example. Change the numbers to 11-11-2, with the remaining vote being the supposed investigator, and two others, or whatever combination such that the illustrated point becomes: Whoever votes and tips the scales will likely be held accountable for their actions come tomorrow, either by the betrayed Order or weakened Sith, and it would be very difficult to present the results of a mid-day investigation today without marking yourself to the Sith, as it is.

D'oh, you're right, poorly written example. Change the numbers to 11-11-2, with the remaining vote being the supposed investigator, and two others, or whatever combination such that the illustrated point becomes: Whoever votes and tips the scales will likely be held accountable for their actions come tomorrow, either by the betrayed Order or weakened Sith, and it would be very difficult to present the results of a mid-day investigation today without marking yourself to the Sith, as it is.

He's already explained his words:

Yes I know, but I still found it odd. Metagaming right out of Mafia School lol

Which reminded me of a recording I listened to in a galaxy far far away, about a Yakuza family and how they lynched a scum after the person made a silly post in the discussion topic. :wink:

Which reminded me of a recording I listened to in a galaxy far far away, about a Yakuza family and how they lynched a scum after the person made a silly post in the discussion topic. :wink:

I'm no expert, but I'd wager that such occurrences are uncommon.

I'm just saying that there's no need to ask him to explain his actions, because he already has.

For the record, I, too, find it a little odd that he would take metagaming alone as basis for 'suspicions' this early in the situation, but he's already given his reasons for it, however unreasonable they might be, and alone this oddity is not reason enough for him to be a suspect at this stage of the situation, in my opinion. Someone to keep an eye on, yes, but a candidate for the lynch, as you seem to imply, no.

This is indeed very disturbing to have the shroud of the dark side among us. We must work together to find out who is a Sith.

Well this situation is very dark indeed, I can feel a disturbance in the force. Very unlucky that we have no way of telling right now which of us is sith.

The best way to find who seems the most suspicious is by conversing more with each other, the more they talk the better chance of slip-ups. Well I need to go sleep meditate for awhile to really become one with the force, easier to spot siths after!

I'm just saying that there's no need to ask him to explain his actions, because he already has.

For the record, I, too, find it a little odd that he would take metagaming alone as basis for 'suspicions' this early in the situation, but he's already given his reasons for it, however unreasonable they might be, and alone this oddity is not reason enough for him to be a suspect at this stage of the situation, in my opinion. Someone to keep an eye on, yes, but a candidate for the lynch, as you seem to imply, no.

Yes, I don't think that is nearly enough for a lynch, just something to dwell on is all.

Quick to judgement/anger is not the Jedi way. :sadnew:

Oh my! That poor Jedi...default_cry4.gif

How could this happen? Master Yoda, even your training with the other younglings couldn't have prepared me for something like this...

"I too read that story in the Archives, it is a happy fantasy but one I doubt we will see repeated, unfortunately."

"And indeed, perhaps I am jumping to conclusions, but if you recall my history, I have always been prone to doing such. I learned from the best. *cough*Hinckley*cough* :poke: "

"So, has anyone else observed any suspicious behavior today? I urge you, even if you have no specific suspicion, to step forth and make comment upon our dillemma. Any and all behavior is vital information, and until tomorrow will be our ONLY means of discerning the identities of the Sith scum."

"Click chirpitychirp tweet, tweet click. Clickity tweet tweet chirp, screech screech click." (I do not have any concrete suspicions as of yet, but I shall leap into the discussion so others may observe my behavior. The ones I am going to keep an eye on to see if they do deserve the Finger of Suspicion and a possible vote are, at the moment, our resident Chosen One for his odd talk of ties and investigators and implying that giving the Sith a free night to kill another would be a good idea, and Master Corobb for his metagaming. As I have previously stated, Fear lead to anger. Anger leads to passion. Passion leads to jealousy. Jealousy leads to nurturing. Nurturing leads to weakness. Weakness leads to humility. Humility leads to injustice. Injustice leads to heroism. Heroism leads to pride. Pride leads to patriotism. Patriotism leads to totalitarianism. Totalitarianism leads to power. Power leads to authority. Authority leads to Appeal to Authority. Appeal to Authority leads to metagaming. And metagaming leads to SUFFERING! I have also been reminded that suffering is occasionally typed as "suffrage", which seems similar but is actually the entirely unrelated concept of equal voting rights for all, which leads to voting, which, depending on the situation, leads to a presidential election or the formation of a lynch mob.)

"Click chirpitychirp tweet, tweet click. Clickity tweet tweet chirp, screech screech click." (I do not have any concrete suspicions as of yet, but I shall leap into the discussion so others may observe my behavior. The ones I am going to keep an eye on to see if they do deserve the Finger of Suspicion and a possible vote are, at the moment, our resident Chosen One for his odd talk of ties and investigators and implying that giving the Sith a free night to kill another would be a good idea, and Master Corobb for his metagaming. As I have previously stated, Fear lead to anger. Anger leads to passion. Passion leads to jealousy. Jealousy leads to nurturing. Nurturing leads to weakness. Weakness leads to humility. Humility leads to injustice. Injustice leads to heroism. Heroism leads to pride. Pride leads to patriotism. Patriotism leads to totalitarianism. Totalitarianism leads to power. Power leads to authority. Authority leads to Appeal to Authority. Appeal to Authority leads to metagaming. And metagaming leads to SUFFERING! I have also been reminded that suffering is occasionally typed as "suffrage", which seems similar but is actually the entirely unrelated concept of equal voting rights for all, which leads to voting, which, depending on the situation, leads to a presidential election or the formation of a lynch mob.)

In other words, "I agree with everyone else, and, look, I'm going to stick on a lot of stuff that doesn't help so that it looks like I have made a long statement, but half of my statement does really do anything to help you, and the last sentence is even off-topic."

But I guess you did say something regarding your suspicions. :sceptic:

Yet more ill-conceived suspicion, this time from Master Clickityclack. I do not wish to divert any of it onto my Padawan, but I feel I must remind some of you that I was, in fact, only giving my thoughts on her suggestion, not actually making that suggestion in and of itself. I even concluded by saying that I believed we would be better served to wait and cast votes based on the events of the day, as the day was still young, and something of note was bound to happen before it came down to a premeditated TIE. In truth, I may not have said so in so many words, but I did mean to offset my thoughts on her suggestion from the course of action I believed we should follow for the day.

"I welcome the Finger of Suspicion. The sooner my innocence is known to all, the sooner we can move on to a real suspect."

Yet more ill-conceived suspicion, this time from Master Clickityclack. I do not wish to divert any of it onto my Padawan, but I feel I must remind some of you that I was, in fact, only giving my thoughts on her suggestion, not actually making that suggestion in and of itself. I even concluded by saying that I believed we would be better served to wait and cast votes based on the events of the day, as the day was still young, and something of note was bound to happen before it came down to a premeditated TIE. In truth, I may not have said so in so many words, but I did mean to offset my thoughts on her suggestion from the course of action I believed we should follow for the day.

You might not have suggested it, but you've done little to nothing to try to convince Ahsoka that we shouldn't not lynch anyone. You've actually expanded on her idea. Ahsoka said that we might not vote at all, which I already did not agree with, and then you came and started trying to think of ways we could still vote in order to avoid the penalty, but still not lynch anyone, which not only means that we Townies don't use our most powerful tool in the lynch but also means that we would all have to plan our votes so that there would be no patterns to analyze.

I can't put my finger on the exact reason, but the above statement of Anakin's feels very defensive to me.

In other words, "I agree with everyone else, and, look, I'm going to stick on a lot of stuff that doesn't help so that it looks like I have made a long statement, but half of my statement does really do anything to help you, and the last sentence is even off-topic."

But I guess you did say something regarding your suspicions. :sceptic:

"Clickity clack chirp tweet? Twot tick tick tweet toot screech, screech screech tick chirp. (That did look tacked on, didn't it? :sceptic: What I was attempting to state was that metagaming, as Master Corobb was apparently doing, is a logical fallacy and can be used by Scum to support their arguments without real evidence, and can be used by inexperienced Townies to make an unwise vote. Thus, metagaming leads to suffering. I was quoting my previous statement for purposes of humor only, although do to its length it instead appeared to be filler material I was using to make my post seem more substantial than it was. For that I apologize.)

"Clickity screech clackity tick, chirp chirp." (This is true, and young Ahsoka may deserve the FoS as well, but you seemed highly supportive of her opinions to me, and you repeated the strategy whilst inputting how you think it should be implemented, which implies you support it.)

"I welcome the Finger of Suspicion. The sooner my innocence is known to all, the sooner we can move on to a real suspect."

"Click chirp click screech, clack tick tock." (Although I don't truly suspect you at this point, as you request it, I cast FoS: Master Corobb (Flipz). I feel your defenses will be helpful in determining the Scum, whether or not you are one.)

"Clickity screech clackity tick, chirp chirp." (This is true, and young Ahsoka may deserve the FoS as well, but you seemed highly supportive of her opinions to me, and you repeated the strategy whilst inputting how you think it should be implemented, which implies you support it.)

I could have simply blown off Aayla's absurd accusation and told her such, but I chose instead to clarify what I had said so as to clue her in and avoid yet another accusation, one likely under the guise of "It's scummy to dodge the issue (as blown out of proportion as it may be)."

I could have simply blown off Aayla's absurd accusation and told her such, but I chose instead to clarify what I had said so as to clue her in and avoid yet another accusation, one likely under the guise of "It's scummy to dodge the issue (as blown out of proportion as it may be)."

Clicity clack screechity chirp. (That may be true, but many others did blow her off without warranting the FoS as you have.)

OOC: Going to bed. See you guys in the morning, Pacific time. :classic:

Clicity clack screechity chirp. (That may be true, but many others did blow her off without warranting the FoS as you have.)

OOC: Going to bed. See you guys in the morning, Pacific time. :classic:

On the other hand, many others were not the target of her outlandish accusation. :facepalm:

No. You first made a statement that was basically roleplaying explaining to Ahsoka how the Sith infiltrated us, and then stated that you had no idea who to lynch. Ahsoka took that as reason to say that we didn't need to vote at all. At that point, Ahsoka is the suspicious one who has suggested something which is pretty much useless for the Town and done so with your roleplaying as reason. But, then, you come in and expand the idea of how to not lynch anyone.

And you say that you were clarifying what you had said when you decided to expand on Ahsoka's idea. If you were clarifying an original idea from before Ahsoka's statement, then you, in fact, suggested the idea of not voting first, so you lied when you reminded us that you were only giving your thoughts on what you say she had first suggested.

And you say you did all that to avoid an accusation. Again, this feels very defensive to me.

No. You first made a statement that was basically roleplaying explaining to Ahsoka how the Sith infiltrated us, and then stated that you had no idea who to lynch. Ahsoka took that as reason to say that we didn't need to vote at all. At that point, Ahsoka is the suspicious one who has suggested something which is pretty much useless for the Town and done so with your roleplaying as reason. But, then, you come in and expand the idea of how to not lynch anyone.

And you say that you were clarifying what you had said when you decided to expand on Ahsoka's idea. If you were clarifying an original idea from before Ahsoka's statement, then you, in fact, suggested the idea of not voting first, so you lied when you reminded us that you were only giving your thoughts on what you say she had first suggested.

And you say you did all that to avoid an accusation. Again, this feels very defensive to me.

:wall:

My bad, I confused Ahsoka with Aayla. Confusing Clone Wars Jedi.

The point stands, however, that you supported Ahsoka's idea of not voting, and you did more than just offer your thoughts.

Of course right now it is too early to be deciding our final course of action for today. I would like to clarify that the intention of my previous posts was only to help lay out all of our options onto the table. Voting definitely is our best weapon against the scum, and I will surely vote if I feel that the evidence is sufficient enough against that party. However voting for someone based off of little to no evidence just seems silly to me. From the stories I’ve read lynches made with little evidence tend to result in innocent blood being split, with most of these lynches resulting from band wagons.

I wish that I had something more useful to say. If anyone has any questions for me I'll be meditating.