Sign in to follow this  
twoofive

twoofive's mod's and moc's

hello, my name is Rob aka Twoofive, and after following this forum for a while i tought it was time to introduce myself and show my mod's and moc's;-)

since a jear i am back into lego, but after losing over 95% of my earlier collection of lego, i had to start all over, and was intrduced in studless building.

i have all kinds of lego, but i am kind of a technical guy, so i am a big fan of technic;-)

i will post in this thread all of my mods and mocs, but i have a BS map at my forumname;-)

since i can't post links as a newbie, i cant show my mods at this moment, but i will throw them on as soon as i can;-)

@ twofive: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: On your Brickshelf gallery, I saw your two modified 8081 Extreme Cruisers and your 8258B Pickup truck. Please note that your most recent addition there (the 8081 Lowrider) is "Not Yet Public" (i.e., not yet moderated by the Brickshelf administrators), so ONLY YOU can see those pictures. It may be another day before we can see them.

Even if you had 10+ Eurobricks posts, you would not be able to link your HUGE pictures because they are larger than 800x600 pixels in size (the maximum for Eurobricks).

You may want to get a Flickr.com account, whereby you can:

1) Link to your newest pictures immediately -- no waiting.

2) Post your regular (large) pictures there, but select the Medium 800-pixel size for linking to your Eurobricks posts.

3) Add captions and lengthy descriptions -- Brickshelf only allows for limited descriptions.

thanks for the tips, i will use them in the future, this bricklink-link idea seemed a bit easy maybe, but i will try to post links directly;-)

i have more mods to come, i will post them one at a time, since of my whole collection almost none of the models is stock;-)

thanks guys!

Welcome to the Eurobricks community twoofive. Your off to a good start with your mod's and moc's. :thumbup:

long time since there was a new post here;-)

but here is my modified version of the 42000 grand prix racer.

what's changed?

i made the small v-8 a larger v-10, looks a lot better this way;-)

i raised the suspension 1 stud for better playability, since it was that if the suspension was used, the car hit the pavemant to fast, in the front and in the rear, so a small raise was needed.

i added a pf switch to the car;-)

i added pf as in the instructions

i changed the rear spoiler from white to red

here are some pics;-)

2013_04_05_12_27_17.jpg

2013_04_05_12_27_50.jpg

2013_04_05_12_27_58.jpg

2013_04_05_12_28_17.jpg

2013_04_05_12_28_23.jpg

2013_04_05_12_28_34.jpg

2013_04_05_12_28_52.jpg

2013_04_05_12_28_57.jpg

2013_04_05_12_29_06.jpg

and more to come;-)

they will also appear on BS soon;-)

it was a while since the last post, and i was busy since then;-)

these are two of the latest mods, both inspired on the 8285 tow truck;-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/twoofive/8285towtruck/2013-06-17_20.32.05.jpg

this is modded with a 4th axle, v10 engine, lenghtened, wider cabin, smaller wheelbase in front, lenghtened crane, and more;-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/twoofive/8285/2013-06-17_20.35.06.jpg

this is rebuilt into a trailer tractor, v10 engine, wider cabin, smaller wheelbase in the front, modded hood, and more;-)

both are still in developement, and can change a bit;-)

i have lotss of ideas, but not so many spare pieces;-)

these stand also on my bs map, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=530010

i cant wait to hear yours opinions;-)

thx, i have the idea of a matching trailer for it, and the wheels for that are ordered, now the rest of the pieces;-)

2013-07-06_20.31.15.jpg

quite a large picture, sorry for that;-)

this is an in construction version of the trailer for the 8285 tractor, and it is supposed to be a lowboy type trailer, with a gooseneck coupling.

does'nt look bad i think;-)

I like the trailer but I think you should add a bit more to full in the gap at the bottom of the windscreen. :sweet:

since i am a proud owner of a 42009 for a week, i modded it a bit to make it more realistic;-)

i added a 6th axle, in the front, and extended the three parts of the boom 12 studs.

the engine is swapped with a v12, not the most realistic, but there was such a gap i had to fill;-)

maybe i will add a 7th axle, in the rear;-)

the pictures are online in my bs folder, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=532915

let me know what you think;-)

for an update, my 7 axle version of the crane 42009 is online on bs;-)

i added an rear axle, lengthened the structure another 9 studs, and added a extra weight by putting an extra battery box;-)

spare power is never a bad idea;-)

here are the pictures;-)

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=532915

enjoy!

WOW that is insane! 7 axles! I'm not a fan of cranes, but that is awesome!

Great job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't tell if the very center wheels turn for steering? Or are they fixed?

as lego intended the center axle is fixed, that's the one that has the diff for the fake engine to run;-)

thx for your reaction;-)

next on the list is the slow outriggers, they must be faster;-)

Great job on the 7 axles! :thumbup: Is it just the pic or does the 2nd axle have a sharper turning radius than the 1st axle?

in the pictures the two front axles are the same radius, 21degrees, but it is already modified to 21 degrees for the front axle and 17 degrees for the second axle;-)

hello, it is yet time for another small update here, a few mods and mocs have been made;-)

at first, an 8052 with trailer, like the Han's one, but this one is not ready yet.

then i had an idea, since i made multiple mods from a 8081, to make a 5door model, and it worked out pretty well;-)

an 42029 was also modded to awd, that asked some modifications;-)

and an 8258 crane became an tractor, maybe i will add an third axle to it;-)

the 8285 got rebuild to an tractor, and he got an trailer suitable for most building machines, like the volvo dozer, the excavators, ...

and at least i found an idea for the tracks form the excavator have more grip;-)

because my daughter has this hobby of loom bands, i used them for the tracks, its a simple solution, and works fine;-)

here is the link to my new flickr page, there are all the pics for today;-)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130031022@N06/sets/

greets!