sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I've wanted to use the Barbara Gordon head for Claire Temple forever now and want to finally put it into real bricks but I have no good torso ideas. The one below is honestly the best one that isn't plain nurse scrubs but sadly I don't have it. I've been thinking of maybe using the olive green torso from the Big Bang Theory set but I'm not sure. Anyone have any alternatives that you think would work or ones that you yourseves have been using? Thanks :)

NY

Edited by Legocity2713

3 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Does anyone know a good head for Jonah Hex?

I've seen Shredders head used for him before.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:54 PM, autorazr said:

5z51mH7.jpg

Classic Uncanny X-Men versions of Wolverine and Rogue.  Anyone notice this new hood piece's hair appears as gray IRL but in official photos appears blonde?

That Wolverine mod looks great, especially with usage of the dual molded legs and arms! :thumbup:

By the way, you sourced those dual molded arms from the S12 Dino Tracker, right? Never thought of that if so, great idea!

On 8/15/2017 at 11:53 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I know people have suggested the new hood from the CMF Ninjago series for Green Arrow already, but it's specifically PERFECT for GA's Justice League Action design. Not sure if any torsos match up too well, but the hood sure as heck does!

Dang, you're right! Perhaps Lego could potentially reuse the piece for him in possible future JLA sets.

Green-Arrow-Justice-League-Action.jpg

14 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Some light mods to Freeze, Firebug, GA, Hal, Bane and Ra's since I last posted them

What do you think? :classic:

Ah, I see what you did there with the breathing apparatus for Bane. Nice! :thumbup:

By the way, where are Hal's dual molded arms from? They work quite nicely.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, I see what you did there with the breathing apparatus for Bane. Nice! :thumbup:

By the way, where are Hal's dual molded arms from? They work quite nicely.

They're from Syndrome (From the Disney CMFs)

On 8/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

That Wolverine mod looks great, especially with usage of the dual molded legs and arms! :thumbup:

By the way, you sourced those dual molded arms from the S12 Dino Tracker, right? Never thought of that if so, great idea!

Dang, you're right! Perhaps Lego could potentially reuse the piece for him in possible future JLA sets.

Yep, those are the Dino Tracker's arms

Hello! I just saw this topic yesterday on EuroBricks, and decided to make an account. My username is TheRoboGames, but you can just call me "Robo". I hope to be on here as much as possible, and keep on making minifigs :classic:

IMG_0256.jpg

On 25/8/2017 at 4:37 AM, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Here is my go on Firefly

Looks great! BTW, I watch ur vids, and your customs are AWESOME! I just got this new account and can't wait to start showing off some of my customs

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

14 hours ago, TheRoboGames said:

Looks great! BTW, I watch ur vids, and your customs are AWESOME! I just got this new account and can't wait to start showing off some of my customs

Thanks man! I can't wait to see your customs! :)

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Thanks man! I can't wait to see your customs! :)

No problem, It would also be great to know how those wings were made. I want to try making firefly, but idk how to make them, yet everyone else who does the wing makes them looks so good, especially you. Any little bit can help :wink:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by TheRoboGames

On 8/25/2017 at 2:38 PM, TheRoboGames said:

No problem, It would also be great to know how those wings were made. I want to try making firefly, but idk how to make them, yet everyone else who does the wing makes them looks so good, especially you. Any little bit can help :wink:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Yes, I can post a pic of how they are made later :)

4 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

So in the new giant Ninjago city set they have the Lego Knight Helmet in yellow. Anyone gonna use that for Doctor Fate?

Yes! For sure, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photos

On 4/25/2017 at 7:18 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Courtesy of The Brick Hero also on Flickr:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 custom Star Lord ⭐️ & Ego The Living Planet ? LEGO minifigures.

This is a blast from the past I know, but I am now getting around to trying to build an Ego figure, and I can't locate that hair. Bricklink seems to say it was never made in any version of grey. The conspicuous mold line in the image also makes me think maybe this is a custom piece? 

I recently got the idea to use this piece to make a version of Ronan's staff that can have the power stone on it.  The original version couldn't have anything attached on the sides.  The power stone I'm thinking of would just be a translucent purple stud piece.

6187572.jpg

12 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

I recently got the idea to use this piece to make a version of Ronan's staff that can have the power stone on it.  The original version couldn't have anything attached on the sides.  The power stone I'm thinking of would just be a translucent purple stud piece.

I had the same idea a while back but sadly I don't have Ronan or that piece. ?

56 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Does anyone have tips for the Royal Family of Inhumans, I have a Gorgan but not sure how to approach the others

Here is a good purist Triton:

Marvel inhumans

For Medusa I recommend the CMF Disney Ariel hair. Good volume and color and maybe Nebula's torso (with purple arms swapped in obviously).

Also, the comic variant of Thor (from the Avengers Assemble Hulk's Lab Smash set) has a good backside of the torso for Black Bolt. I'd give him black legs and human head/hair (no cowl) and say its meant to be based off of the MCU suit.

Not sure on the rest though.