LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Obviously him and Obiwan were two of the "no" votes on doing that to her.

I got the impression that it was Obi Wan and Plo Koon.

I think it makes sense that Yoda is as blind as the rest of the order in TCW, the shock in ROTS that he was been manipulated must be very large, in order for him to exile himself to Dagobah.

Barriss confessed her responsibility for the bombing. She didn't confess killing Letta. She may have been responsible for Letta's death, but this point wasn't clarified. On the one hand, it was mentioned that the Jedi who did Ventress must have decent sneaking- or hiding skills. On the other hand, I find it hard to swallow that little Barriss became so powerfull as to ambush Ventress and defeat Ahsoka in direct combat.

All in all, I find it hard to believe that Barriss could get into the prison without help from military personal.

I'm pretty sure her confession included the murder. Why else would they let Ahsoka go? And Barris obviously has a lot of hate towards the Order and the Republic, so it's definitely possible that she was tapping into the dark side which would explain how she was powerful enough to do all these things. But yeah, it's quite a doozy how she was able to get into the prison undetected. :wacko:

They were also very vague about what is going to happen to Barris now. Ahsoka was indeed facing a death sentence as it turns out, so does this mean that fate belongs to Barris now? I guess the vagueness about that was to be expected, though, this being a kids show and all.

Anakin knew how to force choke too while he was Jedi and I'm sure that no one in the order taught him that. If you think about it it's nothing special, just squeeze somebody's neck with the Force

I guess you're right. Still, I find that more remarkable than double wielding, which she could have easily learned at the Temple.

I think it makes sense that Yoda is as blind as the rest of the order in TCW, the shock in ROTS that he was been manipulated must be very large, in order for him to exile himself to Dagobah.

I'm pretty sure the reason why he exiled himself to Dagobah was more because two Sith, an army of clones, and most of the rest of the galaxy wanted him dead than anything else. :tongue:

By the way, did anyone else notice that on the About page of this episode they seem to have Ahsoka confused with Alderaan? :rofl:

I finally caught up with season 4 and 5 this past weekend. After the, IMO, disastrous season 3 I took a two year hiatus from the show. After watching the last eight episodes of season 5, I am glad I took the time to catch up. The Mando battle among the rooftops of the city and Ahsoka evading the Shock Troopers and the LAAT/i and Police Gunships were two of the best action scenes from the show period.

I am looking forward to see what they have in mind for Maul and where Ahsoka from here. I thought they dropped a clue when she commented to Ventress that she never would have imagined them doing anything together. I am also curious about the next chapter in Boba's development into a badass bounty hunter.

The fact that the Shock Troopers didn't take orders from Anakin was a discerning foreshadowing of the disintegrating relationship between the Jedi and the Clone troopers and kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. It was surprising how emotional the final moments of the last show was. I couldn't believe how much I was rooting for this character who, just a few seasons ago, was on par with Jar Jar in level of annoyance. Say what you will about Ahsoka as a character, the writers have done a nice job developing her over the years.

One thing that I was unsure about since i haven't been paying attention to the seasons for a few years was why this season was only 20 episodes rather than 22?

I do know that we will see a season 6, most likely on Disney XD. I read that just in the first two years alone the show generated 2.5 billion in merchandise alone. Disney won't want to kill that cash cow.

One thing that I was unsure about since i haven't been paying attention to the seasons for a few years was why this season was only 20 episodes rather than 22?

I've been following the show throughout and only found out this season was 20 episodes instead of 22 when I came in here to read what people had to say about this last weekend's episode. I thought there would be 2 more, still don't know why there isn't, not that it really matters.

There are only 20 episodes in this season because they had to cut out a 3 part arc which would have put them over the limit of 22 episodes.

Has there been any confirmation that Disney XD will be getting season 6?

Ahsoka's departure was both powerful, and one of the single most illuminating moments in the entire Star Wars saga. It more than anything explains why the Jedi order not only fell, but literally had to fall at that time. Ahsoka in essence walked away from an abusive and controlling relationship. Through Ahsoka's struggles since her introduction it has been clearer and cleaer that the Jedi were not living up to the image that they sought. That whole ending where the council basically told her 'It's ok babe. WE forgive YOU for all of this. You can come back to US." was amazing in how wonderfully uncomfortable it was.

Oh and it was a brilliant answer to the Ahsoka problem, should Season 6 never see the light of day, or morph into something else. Ahsoka has always had to be the worst case for those running and writing the show. Especially given the rumored Lucas mandate that everyone not in IV V and VI needs to be dead or well off the board by the end. Ahsoka has in many ways been the POV character. The viewers have watched her grow from a child to the warrior that she is. To just shoot her in the back during Order 66 would have been an unconscionable scene on par with the RotS death of Padme. Just the sort of thing that totally ticks off the fans for little to no dramatic or story benefit. Insteaf they now have the option to move her off the board. She's not a Jedi. She's out of it. Until they choose to bring her back in. Even going so far as ep VII.

A little late, but here's CloneyO's and my review of To Catch A Jedi.

I am looking forward to see what they have in mind for Maul and where Ahsoka from here. I thought they dropped a clue when she commented to Ventress that she never would have imagined them doing anything together. I am also curious about the next chapter in Boba's development into a badass bounty hunter.

Yeah, I'm curious about those things too, especially how Boba is going to get his ship back from Hondo, but I don't see Ahsoka working with Ventress again anytime soon. That comment she made was just something Filoni threw in because it's funny as that's what we were all thinking.

It's because they're making every arc 4 episodes long now for some reason and somehow felt that another arc would be too much for this season. Quite frankly, I think they should have cut the Younglings and Droids arcs down by one or two episodes and included the Clovis arc instead. :sadnew:

By the way, I really hope the Clovis arc takes place after the season finale, because it would be very strange now seeing Ahsoka back by Anakin's side after that ending. :look:

A nice 5 page interview with Dave Filoni about season 5 and some vague ideas about season 6.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/star-wars-the-clone-wars-supervising-director-dave-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion

A few of the more interesting tidbits were Dave talking about the possibility of having Republic Commandos in full force:

You know, we’ve toyed with it, and I’ve brought it up from time to time, but we never fully committed to doing a big arc with the Commandos. We have experimented with special ops types of clones. There’s stuff in the works, but I would say that it almost goes beyond what you think of as general Republic Commandos, but it’s definitely in the vein of that. I don’t like to promise stuff that we’re not going to deliver.

And another bit about something we were just talking about, the idea of Asajj Ventress and Ahsoka Tano working together:

I always find that really interesting. I wanted to get the two of them interacting, because they hadn’t really done so in a long time. I had noticed a lot of parallels between them, which I thought we could really exploit in our story. It’s come up, and it’s something that I’m interested in. The best thing about losing your lightsaber is you gotta try to get a new one, so who knows what color blade they’ll get at this point, if they get one.

The one thing that still sets the original Clone Wars apart from this version for me was the chapter where the ARC troopers use the Gunship to rescue Ki-Adi-Mundi and friends from Grevious. Dave needs to take a group of special ops clones and show them in action without the help of the Jedi. And not just some fan service hat tipping like the Republic Commandos in season 4, a full-out 3 part arc with nothing but special ops clones. Another thing about the old show is that it made the Republic Gunship cool. That Rancor nose art on the LAAT was one of the coolest things I have seen in any Star Wars media. They have the chance to do something equally fantastic with one of the current vehicles they have on this show. The Juggernaut for example, have a entire episode about a mission in the Turbo Tank. Or the new Police Gunship would be another idea. A group of shock troopers rocking around in the Gunship while hunting down a dangerous fugitive. Wait... shit, they already did that one....

Clone Wars is pretty violent for Disney XD. I hope they don't get strict with the sensors all the sudden.

EDIT: On another note... anyone notice that every time R2 beeps or a wookie growls it's exact sfx from the movies? Kind of annoying.

Edited by BrickG

On another note... anyone notice that every time R2 beeps or a Wookiee growls it's exact sfx from the movies? Kind of annoying.

I don't know why anyone would consider that "annoying". The fact that Matthew Wood and David Acord use effects from the Skywalker Sound library lends more credibility to the show's overall feel.

On a different note, watching back a few episode of season 3. In the Mortis story, Ahsoka is seen as a full grown jedi in her own vision??

On a different note, watching back a few episode of season 3. In the Mortis story, Ahsoka is seen as a full grown jedi in her own vision??

But unlike Qui Gon, it was a vision created by Daughter, or Daughter shapeshifting, like Anakins visions were Son.

I don't know why anyone would consider that "annoying". The fact that Matthew Wood and David Acord use effects from the Skywalker Sound library lends more credibility to the show's overall feel.

Takes away from it a bit, reusing them so often. I mean these are languages and they were designed for the parts in the movies and fit very well. The sounds made at certain times have a unique emotion attached and a lot of thought put into them for whatever scene.

Now it's like "lets just randomly put these things in" and the emotion and meaning of the original sound gets blurred as it's used in different circumstances. Sometimes used in a scene with a completely different feel and action.

Plus it's language. I assume their language doesn't have only like 50 sounds. :/

Takes away from it a bit, reusing them so often. I mean these are languages and they were designed for the parts in the movies and fit very well. The sounds made at certain times have a unique emotion attached and a lot of thought put into them for whatever scene.

Now it's like "lets just randomly put these things in" and the emotion and meaning of the original sound gets blurred as it's used in different circumstances. Sometimes used in a scene with a completely different feel and action.

Plus it's language. I assume their language doesn't have only like 50 sounds. :/

Why would they go through the trouble of creating new sounds, that probably wouldn't be any different, than just reusing what already exists? Besides, why wouldn't Artoo sound like Artoo? It's not like he goes through puberty and have a deeper beep in Eps 4, 5 & 6.

Well... my hope for Disney doing Star Wars right has literally just ended. I figure at this point they're going to just milk Star Wars and make it appeal to as many people as possible like "made for dumb people" movies like Transformers.

You buy the company then HALT everything? They cancelled 1313. They cancelled clone wars. They "delayed" Star Wars: Detours (their delays most likely mean canned). I'm not expecting anything anymore.

I think since they already started making the stories and episodes they'd going to "Disney" it and go with where they think the largest cash flow is. Selling the episodes and arcs separately as DVD releases...

Now I'm no pirate but...

Edited by BrickG

I don't see how this means that Disney is milking the franchise. If anything they are streamlining it by concentrating all efforts on the future movie(s).

But halting the current projects, that to me are far more interesting than another trilogy, especially with the original cast? I mean the forth Indy movie was terrible, and Disney hadn't even owned Lucasfilm yet, I can't imagine how the new movies will be. I mean no disrespect to the actors, no, they were all great, 30 years ago, but they're much too old now to be in an action sci-fi flick. 1313 looked like it would be a good Star Wars game, at long last. I don't think we've had one of those in what, 8 years? And the Clone Wars, Season 6 seems crucial to me. While 5 had some closure, there's still several unanswered questions about several characters, and the whole Palpatine getting arrested thing, surely Filoni hadn't planned on leaving that alone, not necessarily altering the old story, but at least making it into the new CGI form. Bad moves Disney..... bad moves. :sceptic:

Let's be honest with ourselves. TCW had to end. It had an inerrant problem of the limited timespan between ep II and III. I can't see Disney not doing a new show to help drive eyeballs and excitement to the new movies, and to drive eyeballs to one of their channels. But probably something a little more focused around the OT time period. Either between III and IV or just post VI.

There may also be licensing issues involved. Disney may be moving away from or shutting done things that did not originate on or are closely associated with networks or sources other than their own. TCW and Detours both have heavy WB underpinnings. 1313 just didn't seem Star Wars. Looked more like a bad Mass Effect clone.

Here's hoping that they don't simply cancel, but replace it with something awesome.

Why is everyone saying that the series is over? All they said in the official announcement is that they aren't producing it for Cartoon Network anymore, which was to be expected after the Disney deal. To me, that just sounds like they will show Season 6 on one of the Disney owned channels. And they only say they are "winding down" the series, which was also to be expected seeing how close it's getting to RotS. Filoni says they are still producing several new story arcs (each of which will probably consist of 2-4 episodes) and I just can't see them including so many episodes as mere bonus content on a DVD, even if it's a box set. So until they come out and say where the next episodes are going to be available, I suggest everyone to keep calm and wait for further news.

On a brighter note: How cool was that clip at the end of that video?! :oh: There are clones fighting droids, clones returning to their original programming, and the return of Admiral Trench!!! Can't wait for this episode!

For some reason when I read that article the first time, the video was just a big black box, but after I went back, the video appeared. That episode looks amazing. A large battle between Clones and droids, with a few Jedi thrown in the mix, like the Clone Wars should be. Tup shooting that Jedi was surprising, I thought it might have been a seen from Order 66 when he was hitting his helmet, but then Anakin turned out to be in the scene too, so I can't wait to see how that pans out.