LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

I was impressed with how good the previous episode was (Especially how good Greggor was), but I'm very disappointed to know that this arc isn't over yet. It would have been much better to have ended on the last episode. :hmpf_bad:

It was a decent episode, we need more commando action in TCW.

Meah episode, wast of a commando, still arc is almost over.

Well Filoni hinted heavily that he wasn't dead, we may see him again...

Well Filoni hinted heavily that he wasn't dead, we may see him again...

Well dead or not, it still seemed a silly arc for a commando, they would have been good on Umbara, instead we had an ARC Trooper and a Captain performing commando missions there.

Well dead or not, it still seemed a silly arc for a commando, they would have been good on Umbara, instead we had an ARC Trooper and a Captain performing commando missions there.

Yeah I agree with that, Commandos are under represented.

According to Wookiepedia, Episodes 14-17 will be the Mandalorian Arc featuring Darth Maul and Savage Oppress

http://starwars.wiki...rs:_Season_Five

That's episodes 14-16, which are episodes 14, 15 & 16 that will be the Maul arc with the Death Watch included. It would've been a 4-part arc, but "Revival" was pushed to the premiere so it's now a three-part arc.

Well, they actually got a 4th episode into this D-Squad arc. Wow. I read the above posts to this topic, and i know some people agree with me that this season has been a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Onderon rebel arc, at first it seemed too long because I was waiting for Maul. But trust me, re-watch the rebel arc (in one sitting for best results) some time and I'm sure you'll see the great writing and aspects of that arc. Besides that arc, UGH.

The younglings- so many issues in that arc that pissed me off. At least here are two examples of bad writing that really hit me in the face: There is a droid teaching Jedi? Are you kidding me? Next: one of the younglings was having trouble building her saber, yet when asked by Hondo she was able to perfect it in a matter of seconds. Anyways, it's cool to see side stories during the time of the Clone Wars, and seeing one including the lives of Jedi younlgings is cool too. But a 4 episode arc? Definitely pushing it with that many episodes.

Now, the D-Squad arc. This post is long enough to explain my feeligns so I'll try to keep as much as I can to myself. From the first episode til the end, I was given a "Pixar/Toy Story" feeling from the characters and dialogue. I absolutely love Pixar stories, and especially Toy Story. But this is Star Wars, which is something that sould not remind me of Pixar movies. These astromechs put up great fights towards battle droids with blasters. They all act on intuition, which is something we should only see from R2. Gascon was beyond comic relief, he was nearly a shadow of Buzz Lightyear. So many more annoyances I will keep to myself, again due to the length of my rant. So, they make this a 4 part arc. It was quite disappointing waiting week after week to see these very goofy characters. I want Star Wars, not something the seemed like a stand-alone scifi Disney cartoon movie (which would have been a cool little story if it was indeed a unique Disney cartoon, it just wasn't Star Wars). Making an episode like this arc would have been a fine break from the stressful times of the galactic war, but seriously, 4 episodes?? That was too much, and I couldn't be more excited for the next episode because this D-Squd arc is over!

Please respond and compare my feelings with yours regarding the Onderon, Youngling, and D-squad arcs. I haven't found too many boards that complain and praise this season. Look forward to talking to you all!

-JD

Well, I found the rabbit droid incredibly cute, maybe even cuter than the Wookie youngling :classic: And the droids hiding in the shuttle - that was soooooo sweeeeet :wub:

I find the arcs too long as well - basically, because I have to wait 4 weeks until I see something new. Especially, since the whole season seems to consist of 4-episodes-arcs.

A bit late, but we rebel bloggers have posted our review of Missing in Action.

Please respond and compare my feelings with yours regarding the Onderon, Youngling, and D-squad arcs. I haven't found too many boards that complain and praise this season. Look forward to talking to you all!

Welcome to EB! You can find all of our Clone Wars reviews right here. :classic:

Oh, and Gascon is NOTHING like Buzz Lightyear! :tongue: I see what you mean though.

Kind of happy this arc is over. It had some really good moments but its over shadowed by what we all know is coming. Was disappointed that the Commando had little screen time.

Anyway looking forward finding out what the next arc is.

Anyway looking forward finding out what the next arc is.

Check the above posts - the next story arc features the return of Maul and Savage. :classic:

The droid arc wasn't that big of a hit with me. It would've been better if it had less episodes. 4 was really pushing it.

we probably will get some great action because we will probably see a rematch between Darth Maul, Savage Oppress and Obi Wan Kenobi.

Edit: This week's episode was so awesome. It had way more action than the entire stupid droid arc combined. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes.

Darth Maul Arc>Droid Arc

Edited by Savage Oppress

Wow, that was a really good episode! A little rushed at times, but still really good. I can't wait for the next two from this arc!

Well, "Eminence" was definitely better than all of the previous episodes in this season combined. Although, it doesn't nearly make up for the D squad and younglings arcs at all. Hopefully the rest of the episodes in this season are just as good!

Am I the only one that didn't like Eminence? Why does the fact that Maul is in this episode make it a good one?

Could you explain what you didn't like about it?

Nobody has said that Maul alone was the reason they enjoyed the episode. Personally, I thought Maul was very well done, and more enjoyable than he has been in the show so far. More importantly, this episode was really going somewhere. It was a great setup for a larger story, what with the planned betrayals by Viszla and Maul and the pulling together of an army of thugs. Sure, not that much happened in a larger story sense, but unlike the first episodes in the preceding arcs, this one was used to really setup a grander story and got me quite interested to see where that story will go.

They also turned Viszla into a somewhat sympathetic character because he's so steamrolled by Maul, which was an interesting turn. Of course Viszla is an evil guy in the end, but it just shows that the show got some actual emotions going this time around (an area where they usually drop the ball).