Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Like most have said, I think he looks a bit too cartoony. I'm still looking forward to the set, though! :classic:

Wonder if it will be put on LEGO.com with the rest of the summer 2012 sets...

New spiderman on sale here! probably stolen from the mexican factory

SH_Spiderman.jpg

It looks horrible, why? : because it looks like hes wearing PJ's, the top of shoulders being blue is so wrong looking,I would prefer it with a red torso with blue print.

That red print on torso is way off. I'm deeply dissapointed.

The Avengers sets still haven't appeared around here(Mexico). :cry_sad:

In what state/city do you live?

No. That is one ugly Spiderman. Not enough red for my taste.

I agree.

He may be based on the cartoons but the rest of the Marvel line aren't. This figure will look awkward amongst the Avengers figures. :sceptic:

He may be based on the cartoons but the rest of the Marvel line aren't. This figure will look awkward amongst the Avengers figures. :sceptic:

To me, that's not really the problem. The X-Men figures wouldn't fit in by that logic.

I think the Spider-Man figure is ugly in and of itself. There are two problems: the red printing not being strong enough on his torso so that it blends with the blue a little, and the all-blue pants. I know that it's basically accurate to the show character, but the figure would probably look a whole lot better with red hips (like the old spideys). It's really all the solid blue that makes him look awkward. Really, LEGO should have also stuck to the old 'red torso with blue printing' design rather than vice versa, but I think the red pants will be a fix for this figure as it is.

Not sure about the Spidey minifig. Doc Ock looks great though. Can't wait to see what the model looks like - there are lots of vehicles already in the Super Heroes range so I'm hoping for Doc Ock's lab or something similar.

New spiderman on sale here! probably stolen from the mexican factory

SH_Spiderman.jpg

Urgh. :sick: Not at all what I was expecting, this one's getting customized for sure. My main complaint is the color choices; to me, Spiderman should have those colors reversed, with red on the outer torso and arms and blue on the inner. Blue legs would look fine on that, IMO. This one just looks...wierd. I haven't watched the new cartoon yet, so maybe this is accurate, but to me it's just not Spiderman. :sceptic:

Urgh. :sick: Not at all what I was expecting, this one's getting customized for sure. My main complaint is the color choices; to me, Spiderman should have those colors reversed, with red on the outer torso and arms and blue on the inner. Blue legs would look fine on that, IMO. This one just looks...wierd. I haven't watched the new cartoon yet, so maybe this is accurate, but to me it's just not Spiderman. :sceptic:

I agree. This is really disappointing, it just feel weird. And the head is too red, makes it doesn't even match with the printing on the body. I do hope the final product will be acceptable.

Here, the Ultimate Spider-Man.

It seems like printing on some red "boots" would've helped this minifigure at least a tad. With only 3 figures in a $40 set it seems like they could've afforded it..

My main complaint is the color choices; to me, Spiderman should have those colors reversed, with red on the outer torso and arms and blue on the inner.

That's not Spider-Man's color scheme, and has never been. Just do a simple google image search; it's always red on the inside. I think the printed pattern red hips of the old design was the best way to pull it off without looking weird, like this does. Dark blue might also have been good.

So is it just me that actually quite likes it then? Sure, the red should be stronger, but otherwise I'd say it's more accurate than the old blue-on-red torso, which always looked awkward to me because his sides were very obviously red. I don't have a problem with the wholly blue legs, either, as it allows them to capture the midsection stripe better by having it on the torso. As I say though, I do think having a stronger red printing would be better, but overall the design choices they've gone for here I feel make for a more accurate Spider-Man.

I think adding in red hips will definitely improve the awkward feel of this fig. With that small improvement I think it will look ALOT better, atleast I hope :grin:

I think adding in red hips will definitely improve the awkward feel of this fig. With that small improvement I think it will look ALOT better, atleast I hope :grin:

Um, I disagree, spiderman doesent wear red underpants on hes costume... and hes "belt" is already printed. the issue is the top of torso being blue and the red printing being horrible

Keep in mind that like with many factory leaks, the pic we saw may not be assembled correctly. It could be that it was assembled wrong, using plain blue legs instead of the proper ones. If that's the case, the finalized one could easily have differently colored hips, or even printed legs.

Keep in mind that like with many factory leaks, the pic we saw may not be assembled correctly. It could be that it was assembled wrong, using plain blue legs instead of the proper ones. If that's the case, the finalized one could easily have differently colored hips, or even printed legs.

keep in mind the legs isnt the issue, and that the promo pics the legs were plain blue like this.

I really don't mind the all blue legs and the little red. I really like it, except for the red printing being off.

Is it possible for Lego to maybe fix the color red on the torso to match the head before release?

If you stare at him for a good 5-10 minutes straight he sort of starts to grow on you :classic:

But in all seriousness, I hope the color differential between his body and head is fixed by the time he is actually released. If that is the case then I will definitely buy this one!

If you stare at him for a good 5-10 minutes straight he sort of starts to grow on you :classic:

Nope. I think the hip piece should be red.

I really don't mind the all blue legs and the little red. I really like it, except for the red printing being off.

Is it possible for Lego to maybe fix the color red on the torso to match the head before release?

That's harder to do then we might think. Bright red printing or paint is always an issue. It tends to be more translucent then you would like and get color shifted by the underlying color. Some underlying base colors cause more problems than others. For really bright red you want a yellow base under it. While a blue or green base underneath comes out looking like that pic.

Nope. I think the hip piece should be red.

I disagree... I find that appropiate on Superman. However, they could print a red stripe on the upper part of the hip, but I don't know how that would look.

Something that does look very off is that since the torso is blue, while the red area including the head and the shoulders is supposed to be continuous, the fig looks a bit off when compared to the original design. However, I would have to say that at least the front side looks very accurate. I would love to see the back. This fig could do some arm printing, though. That would be sweet. And the red boots, of course.