Jemppu

A blue Pirates parrot?

From the Bricklink forums:

"I recently purchased a legends Black Seas Barracuda and was suprised to open

it and find a blue parot inside painted with the parot markings. It is not

listed in BL and I am curious if anyone else has found this suprise as well?"

I though, if anywhere, this would be a good place to ask, if anyone else has come across anything like this. Given that the blue parrot has only appeared in Belville sets without markings, seems an odd, but interesting find :D

Maybe someone at the TLC played a practical joke and threw one blue in a bin of red ones to see if it'll get spotted ;D

From the Bricklink forums:

"I recently purchased a legends Black Seas Barracuda and was suprised to open

it and find a blue parot inside painted with the parot markings. It is not

listed in BL and I am curious if anyone else has found this suprise as well?"

I though, if anywhere, this would be a good place to ask, if anyone else has come across anything like this. Given that the blue parrot has only appeared in Belville sets without markings, seems an odd, but interesting find :D

Maybe someone at the TLC played a practical joke and threw one blue in a bin of red ones to see if it'll get spotted ;D

This is a very interesting find indeed. I have a feeling it will turn out to be fake/wrong, but there seems to be little purpose in making up a story about a blue Lego parrot.

Come to think of it, it could cause quite a commotion among the AFOL's lol. Lets hope we can get a picture posted!

- Sting

First a picture is needed... What IS this lad actually referring to? He reckon he's getting a picture so we'll have to stay tuned.

2546.1071450822.jpg

Apparently the blue parrot can be found in Belleville sets 5858 The Golden Palace and 5857 Safran's Amazing Bazaar.

It doesn't appear they come in patterns though. Maybe you could do a custom Mr Tiber.

I don't really like the parrots without patterns because they look too bland.

Perhaps a mix of the wrobg grabules was made and it came out as a blue pirate and then the printing machine made it's mark. This could have been an error in the assembly of this set while in the lego factory.

"Wrobg grabules"? Is that a typographical error for "wrong granules" or is there really such a thing as "Wrobg grabules"?

The_Panther_X has yet to provide a picture to confirm that it actually has the colour design.

I didn't even know there was a blue, red, green, or pink Parrot. That is interesting.

I agree with Phes... most of the parrots without markings do look kind of bland, particularily with the tropical pirates that most Pirate locales are associated with.

We need a picture. I think this man may have a typo.

Did you know there was a yellow one Mr Sting? :-D

The user who made the claim still hasn't posted any pictures of this parrot so I've posted in the BrickLink thread asking one, but it probably won't make any difference.

Eeeeeh. Hehe, my bad, just a typing mistake I didn't catch.

What post in the BL thread? I see none.

I agree with Phes... most of the parrots without markings do look kind of bland, particularily with the tropical pirates that most Pirate locales are associated with.
:-D that is probably because you are used to looking at the parrot, you pirate ;-) it's really what your eye get use to seeing... i would expect any die-hard pirate fan would say the same ;-)

:-D :-D :-D

my biggest complaint is that LEGO never made any other bird molds past the parrot... LEGO needed a parrot for pirates, so they made one... but then they got lazy, and the parrot became the standard for LEGO birds... strange. the dark gray bird in the western theme is presumably a vulture, right ??? i mean, there are no parrots in the desert :-D

paradisa was fine,... cause it's paradise, tropical, right ??? but they desperately needed a new mold for other themes.

--------------------------------------------------

as for the topic... i would love to see this blue bird w/ parrot decoration too... hmmm... how much would i pay for such a rarity ???

- Brick Miner

Eeeeeh. Hehe, my bad, just a typing mistake I didn't catch.

You're right. I appears to have disappeared...

Don't they have an owel?

40232.1100396060.jpg

Yes, there is a LEGO owl used in many sets and it seems to come in more colours than the original parrot. Check out Peeron's Owl reference list.

Mister Phes, do you have an account on BL?

Ah! the owl. I actually think I have one in black. Also, Lego had a bat.

Yes, there is a LEGO owl used in many sets and it seems to come in more colours than the original parrot. Check out Peeron's Owl reference list.
good call !!! however, that parrot mold still represents too many kinds of birds.... at least the owl is a good addition !!!

- BrickMiner

If it is real I would really like one... or two ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan

There's a link to the thread in the first message of this thread.

Mister Phes, do you have an account on BL?

As mr_phes ;-)

The user who made the claim still hasn't posted any pictures of this parrot so I've posted in the BrickLink thread asking one, but it probably won't make any difference.

I haven't seen any messages by you in the BL forum yet. ???

1.There's a link to the thread in the first message of this thread.

2.As mr_phes ;-)

1. I knew where that was, I was talking about MisterPhes' missing post

2.Oh, why thank you :-)

As mr_phes ;-)

That would be it!

I've only made one and it appears to have been deleted.

The_Panther_X hasn't responded to the thread yet so maybe we should send him a PM. But how long should we wait till we do so?

I guess it was some kind of error making the parrots...Very weird though, I wish we could see the picture(As everyone else) So until then, so long!

Well, since nobody did, I just asked him if he would like to join the talk, or share a picture :-)

Hello everyone. I am the controversial Panther. I was invited to post here about my Blue Parot note on BL. I didn't think anyone read it. I posted it a long time ago. I have submited it for review by BL admins, but anyone on BL should now that BL Admins take their sweet time puting up stuff. It is real and so far only one other person admits to getting one. I am in Japan until December 1, 2006 but when I get to my own computer I will happily post the scans of the bird here if you keep the thread open. If not it will eventually be on BL.

I got the bird in the Legends series set. A rerelease of the Barracuda. The other guy says his came in one of the Jack Stone sized Pirate sets. It is not a BLue Blue parot it is lighter in color than standard blue...I would guess medium blue, but thats only a guess based on the BL Color guide...Im don't own any other medium blue yet for comparison.