Sign in to follow this  
El Bucanero

Progress of the Acheron Part II

My current project the Acheron is growing and I would like to show it to you.

I can't use the fancy photo editing software, so I resized the photos with Paint, so beware of the bad resolution!

acheron_resized.jpg

For those who don't notice any difference, it's the deck, cabin and masts what are changed/added

stern_resized.jpg

Thanks to SirScottLego for this cool nameplate, my printer is almost out of ink so it would look better if get some more...

capstan.jpg

the capstan, it really works!

open_gun_deck_resized.jpgThe other side, still not finished...

acheron_stern_resized.jpg

back

front.jpg

front...

More pictures are coming soon, enjoy

La folder when moderated...

Part I

Looks really nice, especially with all those cannons. *pirate*

How did you get the yellow window frames to fit next to each other? Did you have to remove part of the shutter holders?

Yes I did...

Oi! Where's you're link to the Progress on the Acheron Part I thread? You don't expect the lazy lads to go searching for it do you Mr Tiber? Not without feeding them some grog first...

My current project the Acheron is growing and I would like to show it to you.

I can't use the fancy photo editing software, so I resized the photos with Paint, so beware of the bad resolution!

Good work Mr Tiber! Its much nicer when you can post the pictures in the thread - isn't it? But hang in there and eventually I'll do an Irfan tutorial with pictures so you can resize your images with a better quality.

stern_resized.jpg

Thanks to SirScottLego for this cool nameplate, my printer is almost out of ink so it would look better if get some more...

But the "thank you"does that imply that Sir Scott designed the name plate for you?

Looks really nice, especially with all those cannons. *pirate*

How did you get the yellow window frames to fit next to each other? Did you have to remove part of the shutter holders?

You could just mount them in alternate directions...

God Bless,

Nathan

Nice ship! I'd like to see it when it's finished :-) . Name tag's great too!

I think the resolution of these pictures is just perfect.

Ship is looking great.

Are you going to buy the bricks you miss to complete the ship?

stern_resized.jpg

I agree with Bonaparte, despite being done in Paint they've turned out just fine. Usually when something is resized in Paint all it does is change the width and height of the image without any resampling, and usually this produces aliasing.

Looking very nice!

The stern gallery looks a bit square for my taste... Maybe some tall slopes on the sides, rather than vertical bricks?

Looking very nice!

The stern gallery looks a bit square for my taste... Maybe some tall slopes on the sides, rather than vertical bricks?

I haven't got any tall red slopes :'-( I tried to slope the back of the stern, but if I'd do that, there woul'd be no space left for the name tag, I am trying to find a solution but I still haven't got one...

Mr Tiber, observing the images I've noticed you've removed the sails, I assume you're going to add them again later when you're finished building but are you going to use the same sail configuration?

The Acheron in Part I

acheron_in_progress.jpg

The Acheron now

acheron_resized.jpg

In part I, I added sails to see how it would look, not bad at all! But I want a more realistic material for the sails this time, and yes I'll probarly use the same sail configuration this time, although I won't add a spritsail this time...

Mr Tiber, what material do you intend to use for the sails?

Fortunately there's a wonderful sails making tutorial so you'll have plenty of guidance. But now I've made myself sad for I am reminded that the tutorial creator, Evil Willy is lost at sea to those dreadful undine!

Mr Tiber, what material do you intend to use for the sails?

Fortunately there's a wonderful sails making tutorial so you'll have plenty of guidance. But now I've made myself sad for I am reminded that the tutorial creator, Evil Willy is lost at sea to those dreadful undine!

The problem is that I can't find a good material, the always ripping paper drives me mad!

I haven't checked the Sail Making Tutorial in a while but doesn't it give you recommendations for the type of material to use? Some cloth and starch should suffice, but I've never tried it so don't take my word for it!

I surfed wikipedia and other sites for a while, and got the confirmation that the Acheron is based on the USS Constitution, so I will do a major change these days. A recent trip to a PAB wall allowed me to build again, so stay tuned for another update!

Double post... agaiN! sorry 8-| LOL

But here are the pictures:

constitution_deck.jpg Sorry for the unclear picture but yesterday, I found a more clear one , apparently it disappeared!

My quarterdeck, a bit too high isn't it....

quarterdeck.jpg

Tiber. I don't know if the quarterdeck is too high... I do like how you brought out the window so it's not 'flush', it gives the stern some depth and dimension. I do wonder, the ladder is fine but a staircase would be more fitting?

As always Tiber... you have a fantastic ship great work! Thanks for the share.