WesternOutlaw

Halloween 06: MiniFig Contest: ENTRIES

Someone had used the face I had in mind, so now I'm thinking of another. Not sure what I'll do yet...
ya, i was worried about entering so late in the contest with the HP troll head... it just seemed to obvious of a choice.

i really love the Killer Croc head... and considered making a lizard-man for the Ghost Town Precarious Bridge MOC, but went with "The Drowned" zombie instead... he fit the "lore" of Shiversdale so much better. but i think Dillon really did an excellent job with the head *y*

the Batman theme gave us some good monster possiblities ;-)

- BrickMiner

i really love the Killer Croc head... and considered making a lizard-man for the Ghost Town Precarious Bridge MOC, but went with "The Drowned" zombie instead... he fit the "lore" of Shiversdale so much better. but i think Dillon really did an excellent job with the head *y*

the Batman theme gave us some good monster possiblities ;-)

I agree. I had something else in mind with the KC head as well, unrelated to the WW/Ghost Town.

Batman did give us some good figs though. Back to the drawing board...

Thanks guys. :-)

I actually wanted to make a clown, using the Joker head and exo-force hair, and have him holding out a lolly pop with an axe behind his back. (I've never liked clowns, so this kind of justed popped into my head as soon as Brickster annouced the contest.) But that didn't work out unfortunately, because I don't actually own a Joker head, exo-force hair, or a lolly pop. :-D

So, I made this one, which is pretty much the same idea, only with a different type of person.

Thanks guys. :-)

I actually wanted to make a clown, using the Joker head and exo-force hair, and have him holding out a lolly pop with an axe behind his back. (I've never liked clowns, so this kind of justed popped into my head as soon as Brickster annouced the contest.) But that didn't work out unfortunately, because I don't actually own a Joker head, exo-force hair, or a lolly pop. :-D

So, I made this one, which is pretty much the same idea, only with a different type of person.

that clown idea sounds great SD !!! hopefully that wasn't Bricksters next idea ;-) now you've runined that for him too :-D :-D :-D

also, what torso did you use for the fig ??? the candy bar kinda gets in the way.

and i think your photo editing is fine... it just needs to be lightned !!!

- BrickMiner

A question for Brickster: Everybody did some photo editing, and I will not do any, will I be disadvantaged ??

I will post my scary fig tomorrow 8-

Anyway, here's my sexiest... er, I mean spookiest one.

She's a kind of dungeon keeper and as you can see trespasser are decapitated, she won't let nobody cross the door. Look at her big .... axe, isn't it scary?

X-O :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D thats the funniest thing ive seen here :-D :-D

sexy yes but i try to avoid women with lipstick :-|

Okie guys and gals, here is my entry for the Freak Show (oops I meant the Halloween MF contest)

His name strikes fear in the heart of Man

nice photography techinque... pointing the flash directly at a minifg always causes them to be washed out. however, you achieved a nice result by focusing the camera (and camera flash) off of the minifig *y* who needs photoshop to create atmosphere, right ???

unfortunately, my camera sucks (i use the digital world as my crutch) so i guess i do ;-)

- BrickMiner

nice photography techinque... who needs photoshop to create atmosphere, right ???

Tks ;-) Fortunatly I don't since I don't know how to handle all these programs :-D :-P

*yoda*

Nice fig Yoda. I don't think you're disadvantaged in the least. This is more about the fig vs. the background.

I'm going to extend the constest a day or two to allow any one else to share their MOC.

Could I ask a favour? It's ok if you won't, but would you mind extending the contest until Monday, as my camera doesn't get back from China until about midnight Sunday.

Thanks.

X-O :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D thats the funniest thing ive seen here :-D :-D

At last, someone understand me, thx! :-D

The Lich

Once a powerful sorcerer whose name has long been forgotten, the evil lich has remained alive for almost 200 years through the evil incantations he has conjured. His skin has decayed past recognition under his once ornate and opulent clothing. His life is spent in the depths of his tomb where he uses his magical scepter to conjure demons and unspeakable creatures to do his evil bidding. Do not dare invade the Lich's crypt, for your fate will be the same as the people whose bones and skulls litter his tomb. *skull*

5.jpg

that is a really cool digital background and scepter concept Brickster *y*

but wait...

it looks like you switched the hands on the torso form yellow to white 8-

Sorry for the lack of photoshop, but as we've established I'm not great at it :-P Also, I decided to do this last minute so...excuse the rush job and lack of creativity

eb_054.jpg

The necromancer Shikyo's body has been corroded and corrupted by the dark magic over the centuries. His goal is to find and wield the power of the legendary sword, the Muramasa, the blade which can steal life. Contact of any sort with the sword drains the life from the victim, which is stored in the blade as long as it exists. This however prevents Shikyo from wielding it when he found it. After searching the readings he found a solution, another legendary item which turned him to necromancy, the Necronomicon, the book of the dead. Using its ancient powers he was able to not only reanimate the remains of the dead, but wretch their souls from the pits of hell, so that they can wield the sword in his stead.

He has slowly but surely built an army of undead, hold up in his castle, waiting for the time to start a grand war to take over the land, for his brainwashed faux Grim Reaper to drain the souls of countless mortals, to increase Shikyo's power even more.

EDIT by Yoda: fixed the link for you ;-)

Edited by xwingyoda

I've been able to achieve in putting an arm on Steve Ghastly ( who is pretty much all skeletan, except for the arm). Though it still has the nub in which it connects to the MF torso, I got it in there and it looks pretty good.

Final Call

This contest will conclude tomorrow evening. That gives any stragglers a chance to submit their entry today or tomorrow.

Lost Viking, The Kid: get your entries in by tomorrow. I'm ready to finalize the poll.

Currently there are 11 entries. Please assure that I didn't miss your entry. These are the individuals who have provided an entry:

Ghoulrealm

BaronSat

Chewie

ImperialScouts

SirDadroj

SupaaSayajin

Brick Miner

SirDillon

Xwingyoda

TheBrickster (me)

Starwars4J

Last call for entries!

Well if you remember I said I probably wouldn't be able to enter because my figs were at home, but I thought it would be fun anyway, so I figured what the hell? :-P He's just one of my existing characters, back at home I have the rest of my skeleton army ;-)

Lego really needs to make a skeleton with arms that have the ability to stay in place, and a sepaarte torso and legs like a minifig.
i really like the skeleton molds... particularly more than the way the LEGO ghost is composed. he seems really inventive with the swinging arms, but it does limit use... which is not a good thing for the LEGO system as a whole.

- BrickMiner

Sorry for the wait, here is my entry-

Edit: Sorry, this is LV, I posted on my dad's laptop and it logged on in his(?) account.

The Head Hunter

lego3.jpg

The Head Hunter hunts in the dead of night for children out of there bed,

Sneaking into the many homes with children so he may be fed,

The only thing he likes to feast on is the children