commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Thinking I may have to pick up The Burrow before it disappears. The after market I think will be very pricey for that one.

Thinking I may have to pick up The Burrow before it disappears. The after market I think will be very pricey for that one.

And you won't regret it! It is a fantastic set, as far as price, pieces, and playability goes. I highly recommend it.

Has anyone heard officially what the deal is with Harry Potter sets? I have read from people on here that this is the last wave of Harry Potter sets, but was there any indication as to when they would stop making the sets?

There is nothing official yet. The only logical reason as to why they would stop producing HP sets is the fact that the movies are finished.

Until we find out for sure, all we can do is hope it doesn't end!

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

And you won't regret it! It is a fantastic set, as far as price, pieces, and playability goes. I highly recommend it.

Me, too. It's my favourite set of the current wave.

Me, too. It's my favourite set of the current wave.

Yup, it's the very set that started me collecting for myself. I remember the first time I saw it on a store shelf. After that, I must have swung by the lego aisles a hundred times before I convinced myself there could be a reason to have my own legos in the house. Who am I to pass up a lego Molly Weasley?

The Burrow is what re-ignited my love for Lego. I was in a dark age for about 16 years until I saw the new line of HP legos and The Burrow was the first to get before it sold out everywhere here last Christmas.

The Burrow is what re-ignited my love for Lego. I was in a dark age for about 16 years until I saw the new line of HP legos and The Burrow was the first to get before it sold out everywhere here last Christmas.

Me too! except it was the hogwarts express but the burrow is cool too though.

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but on the Lego Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World page on Amazon the "Book Description" states that there will be an exclusive minifigure. Here's hoping for a Kingsley Shacklebolt!

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Harry-Potter-Magical-Characters/dp/0756692571/ref=sr_1_81?ie=UTF8&qid=1317319826&sr=8-81

Edited by Yope

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but on the Lego Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World page on Amazon the "Book Description" states that there will be an exclusive minifigure. Here's hoping for a Kingsley Shacklebolt!

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Harry-Potter-Magical-Characters/dp/0756692571/ref=sr_1_81?ie=UTF8&qid=1317319826&sr=8-81

Old: yes, but exciting nonetheless! I REALLY want a Kingsley Shacklebolt, but it'll probably be Ron in his Dress Robes for the Yule Ball.

Hey people!

When does the mac version of LEGO HP 5-7 get released in the app store? Any sort of reply would help, because I have asked and no one answered, and I scoured google and couldn't find any response. Thanks!

Hey people!

When does the mac version of LEGO HP 5-7 get released in the app store? Any sort of reply would help, because I have asked and no one answered, and I scoured google and couldn't find any response. Thanks!

WHY WON'T ANYONE ANSWER???

WHY WON'T ANYONE ANSWER???

Please don't double post. It's very possible no one who has looked in this thread in the day you've waited doesn't know the answer. And replying to your own post in such a manner does not encourage people to look for an answer to your question.

This thread is for discussing the actual Lego sets. This thread in Culture and Multimedia is more appropriate for your question. Please ask it there.

Warner Bros. has just announced a second Harry Potter theme park in LA (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/12/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-planned-for-universal-hollywood.html) it looks like the Harry Potter vibe isn't going to die out for a while yet! Lets hope LEGO has the same idea. :sweet:

Wow. I hope this is true. I really want to visit the HP park, but it's just a bit far for me to travel at the moment.

Maybe Lego will hit us with another Diagon Alley-esque set(additions to DA would be GREAT!) since there hasn't been ant announcement of HP ending. Do they even do that? Lego, if you're reading this, don't stop HP Lego!

Found this on Amazon. Is this like the Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia? And, if so, what minifigure is it going to include? My guess is a Ron Weasly from the Ball.

(referring to JackJonespaw's post) This is already being discussed in the Harry Potter 2011 topic. Merging now.

Whoops! That turned out wrong. Didn't mean to lock and rename this topic. :blush: Fixed now.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

Wow. I hope this is true. I really want to visit the HP park, but it's just a bit far for me to travel at the moment.

Maybe Lego will hit us with another Diagon Alley-esque set(additions to DA would be GREAT!) since there hasn't been ant announcement of HP ending. Do they even do that? Lego, if you're reading this, don't stop HP Lego!

I went to the park this summer, and it was AMAZING!!!!! Just, FYI. And yes, another DA type set would be phenomenal. :classic:

I wonder what could be included in another DA type set. Thoughts anyone?

Maybe it could be hogsmeade with the hogs head, three broomsticks, honey dukes, and shrieking shack? Or it could be another large, and not lame, expansion of hogwarts with a lot of rooms and classrooms like, a hospital wing, transfiguration, potions, DADA, a real room of requirement, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms (along with their torsos...) and a lot of other rooms and it could also be part of the battle of hogwarts I suppose, so that they can give us Kingsley :) It could come with lavender, kingsley, slughorn, madame pomfrey, cho, some hufflepuffs, xenophilius (I don't know why he'd be there but I want him), nagini, fang, sirius, tonks, dean, seamus. That way if they're going to end the line, they can give us everything we need! But this will never happen. :hmpf_bad:

I love HP Lego. It is by far my most favorite theme. But I believe it is probably ending. But to keep the optimism alive I enjoy reading future "potential" sets.

A new Hogsmeade type would be great. I missed out on the Shrieking Shack the first go round, so a new version would be neat. Certainly adding in Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head since they played such major roles in the story.

Further additions to Diagon Alley would be (of course) Weasley Wizarding Wheezes. The only problem is they already came out with the twins in the other set which means they probably had no intention of doing their store. I am currently working on my own version to the scale of the Diagon Alley set shops, but if Lego did it for me, it would be easier haha.

Further additions to Hogwarts would be great, especially if they incorporated the other two houses, but since the world revolved around Harry and Malfoy, they probably didn't see the purpose of doing any other houses. They had the perfect opportunity during the Goblet of Fire series to have some Hufflepuff themed colors/torsos, but as far as I can tell they avoided that.

New figures are too numerous to name. As long as they didn't throw in any of the trio, I think they'd be set to add in a couple of other regulars that we need.

People keep saying that HP died just because we haven't had news for a long while. But, frankly, except when Lego suffers an information leak, we don't usually get informed about new sets till around 6 months before their release. I still expect a new wave for next summer.

Here are my ideas:

- A new Diagon Alley shop, with a price of $40 or so. Most expect a WWW shop but, since the Weasley twins have already been released, I think it'd be more likely to be Flourish and Blotts or a double shop.

- A new addon for Hogwarts Castle, with a price of $65 or so. Perhaps with a small version of The Chamber of Secrets and the lavatory, or a more accurate DADA classroom.

- The Ministry of Magic, with a big price and a big number of minifigs, such as Umbridge and Fudge. It could be some fireplaces along with the fountain, a section of the offices and some Department of Mysteries room. Tonks and Kingsley could also be added.

People keep saying that HP died just because we haven't had news for a long while. But, frankly, except when Lego suffers an information leak, we don't usually get informed about new sets till around 6 months before their release. I still expect a new wave for next summer.

Here are my ideas:

- A new Diagon Alley shop, with a price of $40 or so. Most expect a WWW shop but, since the Weasley twins have already been released, I think it'd be more likely to be Flourish and Blotts or a double shop.

- A new addon for Hogwarts Castle, with a price of $65 or so. Perhaps with a small version of The Chamber of Secrets and the lavatory, or a more accurate DADA classroom.

- The Ministry of Magic, with a big price and a big number of minifigs, such as Umbridge and Fudge. It could be some fireplaces along with the fountain, a section of the offices and some Department of Mysteries room. Tonks and Kingsley could also be added.

I'm sure this is just wishful thinking on your part... Besides, most summer sets, minus exclusives, have been leaked already.

Yeah, let's face it: LOTR is taking over as the major (fantasy) licensed theme next to Star Wars this year. :sad:

Farewell, Lego Harry Potter, probably for good this time. :cry_sad:

Yeah, let's face it: LOTR is taking over as the major (fantasy) licensed theme next to Star Wars this year. :sad:

Farewell, Lego Harry Potter, probably for good this time. :cry_sad:

I think there's still a place for Harry potter but with all the films finished I'm worried it will be discounted even though I think there are still loads of great locations in the Harry potter world that haven't been lego sets such as he ministry of magic.

To anyone who has been slightly hesitant about purchasing the Diagon Alley set... get it. It's an amazing set! :sweet:

I wish I could but I'm keeping my money to buy the lord of the rings sets.

I think there's still a place for Harry potter but with all the films finished I'm worried it will be discounted

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the sets get discounted. There are still some that I need to get, such as the Knight Bus, so hopefully there will be a nice sale. :sweet:

I wish I could but I'm keeping my money to buy the lord of the rings sets.

Traitor! :tongue: