commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I think the Forbidden Forest is under-priced (for a respectable tree and 4 minifigs) and Knight Bus is over-priced (for a small bus and 3 minifigs).

Thanks for the photos!

Thanks for posting the pictures :thumbup:.

I have to say that these small sets are really nice. The forbidden forest wasn't exactly what I was expecting but is a great set to get some figures that are only available in the more expensive first wave sets. The multi-coloured hair piece is nice and it's good to see they put in an effort. :classic:

The Knight Bus actually looks boxier than the previous version but I am glad they have included the driver, head and of course Stanley.

Thanks for the pics and the link Matn!

I'm definitely getting the forbidden forest, although I am quite disappointed with how Voldemort looks and am not sure what to do with yet another Hagrid & Harry.

Am not thrilled with the Knight bus but since I don't have the previous version and the purple bricks look good... I may actually get a few if they go on discount for the bricks. :laugh:

Woah, the Knight Bus looks shockingly bad! I'm disappointed! At least we get some cool figures!

And the Forest set looks very lacking as well, I suppose it's a cheap set though. Hopefully we'll get some high-res pictures later on!

IMG_1973.jpg

^Another picture of Neville and the Dementor.^

There is definatly something under those steps as we can see by the tiles hidden away. :thumbup:

Edited by Eskallon

The FF is pretty lacking. The only draw is Narcissa, for me. I have the other three. The KB is cool, I missed out on the other one. Plus 2 new figs is good!

IMG_1974.jpg

Oh and it definatly connects to the other main Hogwarts Castle.^^^

I'm really exited because of the new photos although Voldemort in the forbidden forest is the same who was in the Hogwartscastle of 2010. and to be honest i think he just looks rediculous. i took his head to build a mean looking Peeves but i don't think he really gives a good Dark lord.. not like the one we got in the Globet of Fire line. I love this head and i'm still using it. It looks so wonderfull evil and snakelike. but apart from that the Forest scene is awesome. a cheap way to get Mushrooms and Trees and Narzissa is wonderful.

did anyone notice the white feathery thing on the balcony of the left tower of the Hogwarts set? what is that?

I do like the Knight bus though except for the fact that I think the back wheel seems a little too far forward and I'm not really digging the black in between each level of the bus but maybe they'll change it or something. And it seems to have more detail on the interior than the older version. I can see what looks like a lamp

Edited by Luna Lovegood

Why is there blue fire in the forest? I don't remember there being any in the book.. And I'm pretty disappointed with the forbidden forest, they could've done a lot more, I mean to me it's like they're saying they don't really care. They could've included like a centaur because I mean they do live there and they come out and fight after the death eaters leave the forest. And I really really wanted a unicorn with a horn attached to its head.. :(

Why is there blue fire in the forest? I don't remember there being any in the book.. And I'm pretty disappointed with the forbidden forest, they could've done a lot more, I mean to me it's like they're saying they don't really care. They could've included like a centaur because I mean they do live there and they come out and fight after the death eaters leave the forest. And I really really wanted a unicorn with a horn attached to its head.. :(

We've just to remember that these sets are based on the movies, rather than the books. I'm sure the blue flames will be explained when part 2 is released.

yeah..maybe it's supposed to represent something from the resurrection stone?

Edited by Luna Lovegood

yeah..maybe it's supposed to represent something from the resurrection stone?

I was thinking more a trap, or cage. We'll have to see.

did anyone notice the white feathery thing on the balcony of the left tower of the Hogwarts set? what is that?

I think it's a quill

Hey y'all, Nice pics guys! The Forest is such good value, and I'm guessing the flames are used in the film to trap Hagrid, just a hunch. I don't think I'll get the Knight bus as I've still got the old one and it looks a bit ugly, how much is it anyway? The hogwarts set looks great though, I don't want to sound impatient but has anyone found any pics of the interior I'm dying for a look! I hope there is a classroom as there wasn't one in the 4th Hogwarts and it could do with one.

Thanks again!

Well, after a slight calm down, the Knight Bus doe slook a bit less exiting after all :laugh:

It's indeed a bit squary. I bought the old one and I must admitt, it's way better than this. And what about LEGO putting Stickers everywehre ? Come on they could have at least printed the Knight Bus Logo or use the old printed tile !

On teh Forbidden Forest, I don't have Hagrid yet and Narcissa is fantastic. For that Reason I think this set is a win, tyhough when I'll have Hagrid because I'm planning to get Hagrid's hut or Diagon Alley, I think the hole set, except for Narcissa, will look a bit pointless.

The Battle for Hogwarts, However, is a pure and great epic WIN ! a defenatly must-have, it fits in great with Hogwarts's Castle and besides, these figs are too die for. :wub:

I hope there is a classroom as there wasn't one in the 4th Hogwarts and it could do with one.

Extremly unlikely as that set is based on an epic fight ! I don't think they would bother putting a classroom in a battle field. I can safely assume the Tower at the right is the Astronomy Tower, and I hope to see a bit of Ravenklaw stuff in the other one.

Edited by Geertos13

all i have to say is...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NARCISSA, ERNIE, STAN, NEVILLE, SPROUT, GOYLE, LUPIN ALL LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH, I CAN'T WAIT TILL JUNE!! (i ALSO LOVE THE SHRUNKEN HEAD!!!!)

I've noticed something. Only two of the sets say they're going to be released in June; the Knight Bus & the Battle for Hogwarts. The Forest set isn't out till August, if it's to be believed.

I've noticed something. Only two of the sets say they're going to be released in June; the Knight Bus & the Battle for Hogwarts. The Forest set isn't out till August, if it's to be believed.

I saw that too, I am hoping it's a typo otherwise I'll probably cry!

This might be a bit off topic but is there any live coverage of toy fair on flickr or elsewhere? I heard there might be some from fbtb.

I saw that too, I am hoping it's a typo otherwise I'll probably cry!

This might be a bit off topic but is there any live coverage of toy fair on flickr or elsewhere? I heard there might be some from fbtb.

It wouldn't be too bad, that way it's spreading out the releases a bit more. It just seems a really odd thing to want to do.