commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Looks like a really good set. Will definitely have to get this when it comes out. Harry was inevitable, but I find it odd that he's in his school uniform (maybe this is preliminary packaging?). Neville and Sprout look really good, and the Dementor is a really nice surprise. Goyle is surprising, and while I would rather see someone else, I don't have too big of an issue with his inclusion (just seems odd considering what happens in the movie...). Lupin is a really nice surprise. Wasn't expecting him at all. However it's disappointing, to me at least, to see Lucious being included in the set. Almost makes me buying the Freeing Dobby set pointless, since his minifigure was a big factor in that decision. Seven minifigures in one set is really cool. Kinda surprised Snape isn't in this set, given that leaked picture. I'm already looking forward to seeing how the interiour spaces of each tower turn out. Wouldn't surprise me if the one Pr. Sprout is in is meant to be Ravenclaw tower.

Can't wait to see the other sets. Hopefully the Forbidden Forest set has the four minifigs currently rumored/confirmed for it. Most especially Voldemort and Hagrid. I'm also really hoping the new Knight Bus turns out great. Between this, Transformers, Halo Reach, and Thundercats, my wallet ain't going to be happy, lol...

HA! It is Sprout!!!

Lupin in on top of the Astronomy Tower. Looks like they redid it so it looked more like the movie. Sprout is probably on the Ravenclaw tower, WHY ANOTHER LUCIUS??!!! 3 of him now?! I would have been fine with another Snape, a Carrow, a generic Death Eater, or a Tonks. I hope Neville has a double sided head, cause he does look too much like Mutt and he should have the sword instead of a broom, but what a great torso!

It looks like it all connects the same way as the current Hogwarts, but it doesn't look like it can connect without some modification. I also like that it doesn't look all destroyed because then it would not fit well with the other Hogwarts. I really wish Harry came in new normal clothes, but it does look like a prelim box unless they are just calling it Hogwarts again, but Battle of Hogwarts would be better.

Anyone think the rock interior bottoms of the towers will be Chamber of Secrets related? The other parts will prob be RoR and Ravenclaw. Do you think the bridge has a jump platform or is it just Neville in an action pose?

Overall, good set to get 4 new figs!

Edited by 10or

hmm, not that I'm complaining, but it seems like an odd assortment of characters to be frank, I love them all, but I was suspecting something like the trio and snape, voldemort, death eater, and maybe a teacher or two.

hmm, not that I'm complaining, but it seems like an odd assortment of characters to be frank, I love them all, but I was suspecting something like the trio and snape, voldemort, death eater, and maybe a teacher or two.

But to me the Battle is an odd assortment already. In the book, you see all these characters that were mentioned in the previous books that you never really heard about. And I think LEGO captured that really well. And it was a great way to introduce and re-introduce characters.

OMG!!! Why isn't this in the Frontpage of eurobricks?!?! this is exclusive news!!

already a must buy for me, nothing else to point out, really great set TLC :thumbup:

I'm happy to be getting Lupin, I missed out before. Nevilles torso is awesome! The overall set is pretty nice, hopefully it will fit snugly with the new castle. Having another dementor is never a bad thing, but as some have said...why another Lucius?!

To me this looks like both a nice addition to the Hogwarts castle and a good parts and figs pack. It's good to get a new Lupin, Neville, and Goyle, and Sprout is welcome as well of course. It's indeed a bit strange that Harry is wearing a uniform, but we can get him in his casual clothes in other sets (probably including the Knight Bus) so it's not bad to get an extra Gryffindor torso.

I spot the new globe piece in there along with some new uniform torsos :classic:

Yes, I believe you're right about the globe, but where do you see new uniforms?

Shouldn't be too long 'til we see pics of the other sets too...

Nice set, its good to get some different figs.

And being the size that it is, it might actually be affordable (unlike Diagon Alley :)

Is that a mini Hogwarts? That's strange. It still looks too big for my budget though. :sceptic:

Still, I might get it, as the figures are nice...

I'm not sure how big the other sets are, but hopefully one of them is small and contains some nice figures. I'd like a Dementor or two.

Wow I'm a citizen! I'm very excited. :grin:

Strange set to me. Love the inclusion of Sprout, goyle, Neville and Lupin but unless the film departs from the books there isn't much reason to include the Dementors let alone Lucius Malfoy who does precisely nothing in the battle.

I'm really hoping Nagini will be in the FF set now although I'm doubtful.

Well, obviously Lucius Malfoy i included because they needed a Death Eater in this set. And if you're making a minfig already, why not make it Lucius with another head? The extra hair piece is not a problem, so I think this is a lot better than 'just' a Death Eater.

What bugs me a bit is why the set is called 'Hogwarts' on the box. I mean, it's the Battle for/of Hogwarts, right? That's different. And Harry in his uniform doesn't make sense either. Neville figure is good too have, and Lupin too, although both do not really look like their movie counterparts (except for Neville's torso). Sprout as a figure is a cool inclusion, and Goyle is ok too. Must admit that for the amount of minifigs, they made a strange selection, but most of them are good!

The set itself looks awesome I think! It's like Hogwarts Castle, but then affordable! The design is even better than expected, so I really like it. I'm curious about the price, though.

For everyone that's wondering about the price, I'm pretty sure it CAN'T be any more then sixty bucks. I mean, look at it! It can't be any more then 300 pieces at the least! I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Knight Bus was bigger/more expensive then the Battle of/for Hogwarts!! :tongue: Everyone thinks the BFH set is the biggest of these three, but what if The Knight Bus is?......

@Mr. Brick!! I was just about to explain why they keep putting Lucius in these things!! Curse you! :tongue:

Also, YAY!!i'm a Vassal!!!!! yay!

Edited by Harrypotterfreak

That's a definite must buy! :grin: I really like Lupin in the books but missed him in the original sets. Like everyone else I don't think Lucious belongs in every set.

My only complaint is that we're getting Lucius again. How hard would it be to give us a new Deatheater instead? Or why not include Voldemort? He's way more important than Lucius and has only been released with the Castle so far. As for Harry in his school uniform, while it's inaccurate for this scene I understand the choice. He'll be in street clothes in the Knight Bus set and probably also in the Forbidden Forest if he's in that one. They need to have him in the uniform in at least one of the sets and this one makes the most sense.

OMG a professor Sprout minifigure and Neville looks so great.

Maybe you can combine it with the newest Hogwarts Castle.

I realy want this set! :sweet:

Edited by hoiharry

WOOW!!!!

THATS AWSOME!!!

A PICTURE!!!

Yah, its really good, and, I think is not a preliminary picture! Neville is really good, and Spout too!

The think, is for lucius. Why? Why lucius? There are a lot of death eaters in harry potter, and they choose lucius. And Lucius is no more a death eater in HP 7.2, he hasn't got a wand!

YAY!

This looks amazing :classic:

I'm glad they are making a Neville and Gregory figures. This set looks good for combing with the other Hogwarts :thumbup:

The collection the four house teachers is now comlete :sweet:

Pompommini out

I just bought "the Burrow" from the current HP line. Compared to that set, the Hogwart's battle actually looks kind of lame.

It seems to me more of a collection of larger bricks with some nice minifigs. Admittedly I like the minifigs, but the set itself is somewhat bland. May be the interior is better, but for now I'm not convinced by the set.

Cool set, awesome figures except Lucius and Dementor they don't make much sense in this set, because their role i battle wasn't big... It would be better if they put Voldemort, Bellatrix or some other Death Eater :hmpf_bad:

Yep, it definitely says 'Gregory Goyle,' but that's ok. How much do we really need other house torsos anyway? :tongue:

I'm not sure why they're still using that old hairpiece on Lupin, it never looked accurate for him, and the newer short hair looks much better. Also, why does Neville have a broom, and why is Harry in his Hogwarts uniform? That doesn't make sense for the scene, but oh well. I'm not going to complain when we get four either new or redesigned figures, and a pretty good set that will fit in well with the Hogwarts set (sort of, the rocks on the bottom won't make the transition smooth). I can't wait to see what there is as for features.

Also, are there pics of the other sets where that came from?

I highly doubt there AREN'T any pictures anywhere. But the tower with the rocks is the tower that Dumbledore died on. Hope it helps!

I've also noticed that @The Builder!! Because the tower in which Lupin is standing has that spheral-thing that appeared in the "Astronomy Tower" for Half Blood Prince...

And also I totally dislike the fact that we're getting another Lucius...come on, if it was a normal Death Eater like the one that came with the 3rd Hogwarts Castle (the one from Order of the Phoenix)it would make a better army-builder...now I'll have 3 Lucius!! (last year's Dobby's Release, Diagon Alley one and this one) total fail :thumbdown:

Comes with Professor sprout, Remus Lupin, Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Gregory Goyle, Dementor, And Lucius Malfoy

Looks pretty nice, thanks for the picture! What struck me first: the box looks way too big for what is is. But what it is, is looking awesome. It's basically a beautiful expansion (Astronomy and Ravenclaw tower) to the new Hogwarts set, which I still haven't got yet. I have to admit though it looks a bit bland, but I'm sure it will complement lovely with the new castle to create a big and awesome official LEGO Hogwarts castle! Looking forward to the interior, perhaps a statue? The figures are lovely to, I especially like Remus Lupin. He's one of my favorite characters and this new design reminds me of the Lupin designed by Tin7. And Neville looks great too. Sprout is a nice figure to get too. A bit disappointed about Goyle, no need for him. And Lucius Malfoy is also unnecessary. Malfoy overkill, anyone? (Okay, sure, give him another torso and you have a random Death Eather). I'd rather have two students instead: one from Ravenclaw and one from Hufflepuff.

And I love that background painting, would be nice to have it without the LEGO set in front of it. :tongue:

I hope the other sets will have some more new figures and not including a new Lucius Malfoy again. :tongue: