CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

Some new info from my source, the Technic Fast and Furious car is going to be 1970 Dodge Charger. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Edited by Harkonen

Just now, Harkonen said:

Yes, Lego is going to implement this in many themes and those aswell. By 2021 you will find lots of 8 wide car sets in stores. 

So, could we expect this standard to also come to Ninjago, Creator, Harry Potter, and Friends as well for instance?

13 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Yes, Lego is going to implement this in many themes and those aswell. By 2021 you will find lots of 8 wide car sets in stores. 

I genuinely hope this becomes a reality because the TLBM vehicles look vast compared to regular sized ones. For example a police car that can seat two up, two back would be a welcome sight. The GCPD car was even more annoying when there was a perfectly good version in the film and in publicity shots.

On 1/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Pokemon is a totally different kettle of fish because of how the ownership is shared/not shared by Nintendo. I don’t see any chance of that theme happening at all. As for how protective they are of their product, I would consider that a grey area given what tat you see on shop shelves. 
I don’t know enough about Link/Zelda to comment on whether it would prove popular.

As for moulds for Mario, they seem to be veering away from head moulds anyway, but I would play my Trolls card as an example of new parts and moulds in a risky new licensed wave.

LEGO didn't pick up Trolls until the second feature movie, and there's a cartoon series on Netflix. As for Mario, I thought K'NEX had the entire Nintendo license.

21 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Yes, but it depends on the car. On Friends I'm not too sure about though. 

Say, on a somewhat unrelated note, would you by any chance happen to know if there'll be anymore new in-house playthemes debuting in 2021?

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, on a somewhat unrelated note, would you by any chance happen to know if there'll be anymore new in-house playthemes debuting in 2021?

Edited by Harkonen

On 1/9/2020 at 11:42 AM, Maple said:

The Mario rumor is pathetic even for the LEGO community of adult children.

"The same company is making a Mario movie that made Minions and MegaBloks had Minions and now LEGO does so LEGO must be making Mario years from now!?!?!!?"

I think we are going to get an Ice Planet 2102 theme in the year 2054. :hmpf:

Good take.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:42 PM, Maple said:

The Mario rumor is pathetic even for the LEGO community of adult children.

"The same company is making a Mario movie that made Minions and MegaBloks had Minions and now LEGO does so LEGO must be making Mario years from now!?!?!!?"

I think we are going to get an Ice Planet 2102 theme in the year 2054. :hmpf:

This has not aged well.

19 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

This has not aged well.

Sure it has. Just pick a random popular theme and say it will be made into LEGO 2-3 years down the line. That's what the cult like nature of this site and 20 pages of 'rumors' based on nothing. It's all insane.

Because clearly if we get sets it will be before the 2022 movie. What's another big movie coming out in the next few years? The Lord of the Rings will return with the Amazon TV series, new LEGO sets in 2023. You heard it here first. 

Edited by Maple

5 hours ago, Maple said:

Sure it has. Just pick a random popular theme and say it will be made into LEGO 2-3 years down the line. That's what the cult like nature of this site and 20 pages of 'rumors' based on nothing. It's all insane.

Because clearly if we get sets it will be before the 2022 movie. What's another big movie coming out in the next few years? The Lord of the Rings will return with the Amazon TV series, new LEGO sets in 2023. You heard it here first. 

:roflmao: if you say so, buddy. The cult like nature of this site didn’t turn a rumour from a couple of months ago into a confirmed for this year theme. There was a rumour, you vehemently denied its mere plausibility, now it’s turned out to be true and your saying it was inevitable like you always felt that way. It’s ok to be wrong.