Rato

New 2007 city sets

Is that a new windscreen on the Fire Pickup truck? or a very old one?

It really looks as a new one, as TT pointed out previously ;-) It definitly looks way rounder than the classic windshield.

I wonder whats going on with the little picture of the hovercraft with all the arrows on it... maybe they're trying to say that it has wheels underneath and it can move any direction?

I think you are right. I assume its just to show that it moves in every direction. It reminds me of the World City Hovercraft (set 7045) which had a wheel underneath ;-)

*yoda*

Cool, they look nice. I might get the Station and Hover Craft. Seems exciting that lego has created a Hovercraft, be cool if it actually worked.

But in addition to the directional arrows, the Hovercraft picture has round arrows around the fans

I bet they made some technic mechanism that links wheels hidden underneat to the fans so they spin when you push it around...

I don't mind the shape of the hovercraft... they all look futuristic as far as I'm concerned

whether or not I buy that depends on how many pieces the rubber bumper base is made from...

I can't believe the re-intro of those sliding garage doors *wub*
These sliding roller door garage elements have been taken in production again since about 2004 already, for set #10159 - LEGO City Airport, wich is currently available from the European section of Shop at Home for a discount price of EUR 69.99 / GBP 48.99. This set is a slightly altered re-issue of original set #6597 - Century Skyway from year 1994
I wonder whats going on with the little picture of the hovercraft with all the arrows on it... maybe they're trying to say that it has wheels underneath and it can move any direction?
But in addition to the directional arrows, the Hovercraft picture has round arrows around the fans

I bet they made some technic mechanism that links wheels hidden underneat to the fans so they spin when you push it around...

The text underneath says "Farht in alle richtungen" -> "drives in all directions", so my guess is it refers to some kind of stearing feature, although i'm not 100% sure. It could be only turnable wheels as well.

Wow! Lego is really taking a step up (or back to the old, depending on how you look at it ;-) ).
i agree... it seems town/city is the only theme going in the right direction (oh, and can't forget aquaraiders *y* ).

we can only hope the other themes follow suit.

i'll tell you this... wish i was a town/city fan right now. cause this seems like "The Renaissance".

- BrickMiner

I was so exited yesterday afternoon when I discovered the pic of the new city fire sets! But I was not at home, so I couldn

I like the new firestation too. I've been thinking on the new harbour station and I don't know if it will be a seaport unlike 6541/2 or a fisherman's wharf. An idea on how the hook of the possible crane would pick up containers has been given to me by the set of the crocodile train. If you can see how the red car is picked up you can guess or at least imagine... A closed container with holes on its corners for inserting a technic pin that comes with the hook? I'm sorry but I can't explain better.

take care all

That station does interest me, unlike any other City sets. If it's under

Arriving a little late to this thread,

This is definatley going to be a golden year for lego (or a least for us fans), they are going in th right direction with this new fire station espcially with th garage doors, but I wish the windows and such wasn't in blue but trans-black or trans-clear. |-/

And the new firetruck looks just as good as the old one, it looks like a good design and it adds variation to the fire rescue vehical arsenal. Although the hovercraft looks like futuristic junorized garbage as a set but it would be awesome if it actually works (It looks like it could be big enough).

Bellville brushes! Licence plates! Hurrah! Now all I need to see is the sea port!

I'm gone for a week and all mayhem breaks loose?!

;-)

I've been waiting to see the new firestation and checking amazon.de for pictures every day, and I like what I see now.

This new station fits perfectly with the current "City" look. Size, a hint of the classic style, accessories, minifigs, and especially the truck are great assets. Maybe a one-piece baseplate (I'm talking non-3D here) would have been nice, and the price could be a bit lower (

First of All:

The sets look very well done, but I personally think I will not be getting the hovercraft until the blue baseplate is re-released. So far we have a police boat and a fire hovercraft along with a fire rescue boat (that came with the Fire Truck from last year) and they are all useless because they are standed on green grass. *sad* Having said that, I think TLG should, like as Hobbes said make a 32x32 dark bley baseplate to transfer the buildings onto the flat baseplate (instead of the raised one). At least if you are going to strand your boat have a variety of land forms for it to become stranded on. I am personally making the light bley raised baseplates into mountains for a background (if I can find enough pieces!)

Second of All:

Although the fire station looks nice, I'll probably not be getting it as well until I know the price. If it is higher than $40, I won't be buying it because I already have a modified version of the older station released last year. Also, this station still does not have a helicopter landing pad. Where is the helicopter I already have going to go? This is partly the reason why I modified the older station in the first place: to add a helicopter landing pad and to expand the garage to fit the Fire Truck also released last year. One thing that I do like, however, is the smaller truck that come with it. I can easily envision it being made into a minivan.

Third of All:

The fire pickup is the best set of of all three so far, in my humble opinion, for both its simplicity and design

Plus, you get one of the new windsheild pieces in this set, which I think looks good, but then again, will make it look noticeably different compared to my other city vehicles.

Last, but not Least:

I am going to hold off in getting any of the sets, except for the pickup, until I see the rest of the city sets. I am especially looking forward to seeing pictures of thenew garbage truck, since the last time LEGO makde a garbage truck, it was quite a ways back.

I can't wait for the new seaport to come out .I hope it has a ship thats actually to scale with the police boat and new fire boat but I doubt it.I've tried making a cargo ship to scale but it just doesnt go.

I REALLY like the Firestation except for the Trucks... but even those can be saved if someone can answer this:

What do those Truck and Car bottoms (with the wheel rims) actually look like? Are they all one big piece that can only be used for cars, or are the "rims' seperate pieces?

What do those Truck and Car bottoms (with the wheel rims) actually look like? Are they all one big piece that can only be used for cars, or are the "rims' seperate pieces?

If you mean the 'mud guards' they're separate bricks with that arch at the side, and the car bottoms are (as far as I've seen used) regular plates.

So, they're pretty usable :)

From 7239 Fire truck: Car base

From 7236 Police Car: Car base

7890 Ambulance uses a regular 4x10 plate as base.

You've seen the mud guards already.

So, I guess we won't know for sure until someone has the new sets ;-)

hth

Thanks guys. "Mud Guards" are indeed what I was talking about. Its good to know they aren't just a giant plates that can only be used for Wheeled Vehicles.

The plates for the fire engine and police car are a little specialized, but not too bad, so they are salvageable.

The 7239 Firetruck is definately much cooler looking (so far) than the one that comes with the new Firestation, so I am going to have to look into that.

But I think I may be getting that fire engine (assuming I have enough money)

Thanks again!

i think im going to write a letter to lego asking how big some of the late 2006 city models r do u agree?

What do you mean by "how big"? I think the product pictures show it quite well, and there's lots of pics on brickshelf that show the sets in comparison to each other or other sets...

Thanks yoda, you made my day :-)

Judging by the new pick-up truck pic I'd say that we indeed will see a new windshield piece.

It looks like the new one's not as "steep" as the one in 7236, for example. The two studs are on the "back end" of the piece:

2437.png vs. aiihzba1dyhrvirkj.jpg