Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Oh, BB, you're pissing people off again! :devil:

Great work on all the new free builds, guys! I fully expect us to kick Challenge 4's butt this time!

Sometimes the I.A.M.S. want to help to make sure BB isn't pissing people off anymore in the future, but too bad for the I.A.M.S., they haven't received permission yet as they got more important things to do :wink:

But we are watching you, A.A.G.!

We are even watching you watching us!

(and now I hope everyone here has seen at least one of the Meet The Fockers movies) :laugh:

I like SoTs version of illegal building. I think stacking is OK and it has been prevalent in cheese slope use here in the guilds. Breaking and gluing would be illegal IMO and stressing is touchy because a minifig holding a tile would technically be stressing correct?

Either way, Meph - your appear to have mastered cheese slope building and your stable looks beautiful!

If anything, Captain BeerBeard just knows how to get us talking. We're all aloud to have an opinion!

And well I'm at it, I've never tested the Eurobricks swear filter.

the megablok walked to the park.

/Double post.

Is it just me, or did the swear filter not work!

*oh2*

Edited by Zach Mills

If anything, Captain BeerBeard just knows how to get us talking. We're all aloud to have an opinion!

And well I'm at it, I've never tested the Eurobricks swear filter.

the s*** walked to the park.

/Double post.

Is it just me, or did the swear filter not work!

*oh2*

Not all words work :laugh: for example a-s-s when spelt like this:

megablocks

I don't use actual swear words so I won't be the one to try it out but I know not all work :wink:

back to school after a short break to be greeted by a few assignments so won't be able to work on my challenge 4 for some time :sceptic:

Not all words work :laugh: for example a-s-s when spelt like this:

megablocks

I don't use actual swear words so I won't be the one to try it out but I know not all work :wink:

back to school after a short break to be greeted by a few assignments so won't be able to work on my challenge 4 for some time :sceptic:

I don't normally swear either, but I really couldn't help myself!

Well, I suppose that's what testing the swear filter taught me, that it doesn't work!

@Legonardo: awesome job man! Could you please add a little river or stream running from Woodward's forest down to the river? I would appreciate this a lot!!!

Okay-

I think stacking cheese slopes is an "illegal" technique. There are other common things we do that stress bricks that are "illegal" in the sense that LEGO would never use them in an official set because of the stress on the bricks.

I bet we ALL use a LOT of "illegal" techniques so like meph, I don't give a megablocks if it is legal or not so long as it looks good and stays together without cutting or gluing.

BTW- the swear filter can pick up whatever words the powers that be choose. I think people may have noticed that on April 1st some non-swear words may have been caught by the filter. There are certain users who bypass the filter. These members SHOULD know better than to swear in the forums though.

I certainly don't think what BB said was inflamatory, so I think we all need to give him a :thumbup:. He was NOT insulting meph and in this case we need to give him a break.

I also agree, good work with the map! I don't know about every border, but Mesodraconem is right where it is supposed to be!

I certainly don't think what BB said was inflamatory, so I think we all need to give him a :thumbup:. He was NOT insulting meph and in this case we need to give him a break.

I totally agree. :thumbup:

the megablok walked to the park.

Now I am trying to figure out what it was that DID walk to tha park...

Now I am trying to figure out what it was that DID walk to tha park...

four letter word starting with s ending with t :laugh:

@Legonardo: awesome job man! Could you please add a little river or stream running from Woodward's forest down to the river? I would appreciate this a lot!!!

I am not sure where the post is but at one point, someone came up with a loose scale for the map and I figured the eastern border (running north to south) of Circardia was about 25 miles long. That said, there would be tons of streams, smaller rivers and other features which are not on the map.

I am not sure where the post is but at one point, someone came up with a loose scale for the map and I figured the eastern border (running north to south) of Circardia was about 25 miles long. That said, there would be tons of streams, smaller rivers and other features which are not on the map.

I think Mikey's point is a good one. We can have forests and smaller rivers in our MOCs without needeing constant revisions to the map. That will help our map makers if they only need to make revisions for larger issues.

Yes the map will only include major rivers, streams/wtaerfalls or whatever can be added to your area by you. for any further problems to do with the map please make a note of it here, thanks.

The county of Benoic have a new member! Zach Mills is moving into the small village of Arth! There he will build up the village after his desires. Most welcome to Benoic, Zach!

7453682416_e52d633dff.jpg

Map over Benoic.

I just laughed my nut's off! The last few pages of haters were great! All I did was complement my own teammate, meph. I hadn't realized I sparked an outrage until a few minutes ago.Thanks to all who stuck up for me. :thumbup::thumbup: I wish people would just let me handle blowing things out of proportion.

@da maximus So are you seriously wanting to get me banned? That's what I get from your comment. Please clarify.

I wish people would just let me handle blowing things out of proportion.

ha ha ha ha. That is totally funny. I think we need to just put that issue to rest. Everything's cool.

Guildsmen, as you may have noticed, DC has been REALLY busy lately, but he has not forgotten us!

He has, however, fallen behind in keeping mini challenge titles up to date. If you think you made an entry for a title challenge but have NOT received your title in the first post of the guildthread, post a link to the entry now and we'll see what we can do to fix that! Do NOT make requests for bonus titles as that will likely just aggrevate our Lord Rex.

Guildsmen, as you may have noticed, DC has been REALLY busy lately, but he has not forgotten us!

He has, however, fallen behind in keeping mini challenge titles up to date. If you think you made an entry for a title challenge but have NOT received your title in the first post of the guildthread, post a link to the entry now and we'll see what we can do to fix that! Do NOT make requests for bonus titles as that will likely just aggrevate our Lord Rex.

Beacon of glevum for the Prince of the forest title

also it is kind of a bonus title but Jason has passed the cartographer title to me but I'll wait till our fearless leader isn't doing 3 jobs at once for that. get free-er soon DC!

Hello Avalonian's may I be able to join your esteemed guild? I don't have many useful pieces for foliage and only really have shades of grey bricks for building castles or buildings. I am not sure how useful I'd be, but I would sure love to be an honorary member of the Alvalonian guild!

kind of a bonus title but Jason has passed the cartographer title to me

And therefore no requests! But you have done a great job with the map. I think we should link/put it in the first post.

Hello Avalonian's may I be able to join your esteemed guild? I don't have many useful pieces for foliage and only really have shades of grey bricks for building castles or buildings. I am not sure how useful I'd be, but I would sure love to be an honorary member of the Alvalonian guild!

trust me your Lego supply with grow if you build here! I am afraid to look at how much I have spent on Bricklink and various sets in the last six months!

Post your sigfig here and if you want to claim a small piece of land, head over to the Avaolina Map v3.0 thread.

Looking forward to your builds!

Welcome, I can't wait too see your sigfig.