Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

And the map will be linked when it´s done... there are so many new members that build their towers so Jason waits so he doesn´t have to make a new map every day :wink: And once it´s done DC will link it... That´s what I understood when I read the posts some 20 pages back! :laugh:

Thanks for your commendation.

Sorry but I don't understand how I get a city. Should I write Jason a small messenge or sth like that or is there a topic where I have to sign up like for the buildings for your great city Albion?

Thanks for your commendation.

Sorry but I don't understand how I get a city. Should I write Jason a small messenge or sth like that or is there a topic where I have to sign up like for the buildings for your great city Albion?

If you have a tower, claim a piece of land around that tower and start building and post it here. Some people have started a thread just for their land and have created their own map of their towns. Just make sure no one has claimed the land you want (might have to dig through the threads but if their is a tower,the a land around it is likely claimed). Here is a link to the latest to the thread of the latest map: Also, don't claim big tract of land!

I imagine most people have been on busy with the holidays (and building their new sets hopefully!) but If you want to PM Jason I'm sure he will put it on the map as soon as he can.

I've had the wedding decor set for a bit now. Why hasn't anyone reviewed it yet? That would be a great little set to use fore Avalonia.

This one?

If you have a tower, claim a piece of land around that tower and start building and post it here. Some people have started a thread just for their land and have created their own map of their towns. Just make sure no one has claimed the land you want (might have to dig through the threads but if their is a tower,the a land around it is likely claimed). Here is a link to the latest to the thread of the latest map: Also, don't claim big tract of land!

I imagine most people have been on busy with the holidays (and building their new sets hopefully!) but If you want to PM Jason I'm sure he will put it on the map as soon as he can.

I need only a small settlement somewhere at the coast.

So master cartographer, Jason Cicchini please but my tower somewhere at the coast, because this is the only think at is for me importance. Where at the coast is not importance for me(but I want to know which number my settlemaent/tower become) So ahead thanks.

I hope this doesn't go down in this big topic.

aaaaa_copy.jpg

Sorry about the blur. I have a really bad hangover. :tongue:

I would say "Join the club", but then again, your from another guild :tongue:

The Avalonia Trading Company Embassy in the far, far North of Mitgardia is well under way. :classic:

It's based on this:

*removed image*

That looks pretty sweet and fairly Avalonian. Look forward to seeing it. Is it going to have those same deer skulls decorating the outside?

Excellent work de Gothia, I will check outthe thread when I get some time in the next few days.

@Beerbeard, those hair pieces look great, there are deffinitly some interesting pieces and colors in those new Friends sets.

@Captain Blackmoor, great pic, very inspirational and the sort of pic I like to sometimes build from. I look forward to seeing this!

The realitys of life have taken over this week and I have been very busy with work and had no spare time, so I have not been able to be as active on here as I would like. I hope to get back into the swing of things at the weekend.

I have been very impressesed by all the great effort you guys put into this guild last year and I've already seen a lot of you really advancing in your builds and producing some excellent builds!

We shall soon be announcing the top 5 towers from each guild, as well as 5 free builds that I chose.

I will get back to business at the weekend and now that I have finished the village I can start building various mocs for our guild.

Thanks all, and keep up your great efforts!

First of all I'd like to wish all my fellof Avalonians a happy new year with a lot of building fun in the Guild and Avalonia challenges ! :sweet:

I would also like to share my shield design for the Green Riders with you. Here you see Kariny showing off her new shield.

1325706780m_SPLASH.jpg

Hope you like it, it's my own design (actually a black and white version of a drawing I did quite a few years ago).It was quite a work to create a black and white version of the winged horse to the shield design.

1325706781m_SPLASH.jpg

Furthermore I have been busy with a MOC for the title of Champion of Avalonia, here's a sneak peak. I have to wait for a few parts , but I hope I can post it this weekend.

1325709050m_SPLASH.jpg

I have also started the Embassy build. Really having fun with that one, but I need to wait for a few bricklink orders before I can continue...

Furthermore I have been busy with a MOC for the title of Champion of Avalonia, here's a sneak peak. I have to wait for a few parts , but I hope I can post it this weekend.

Great work!

I like the shiled design and that you are embracing that Avalonia is the realm of horsemen (and women). I look forward to seeing it. I liked your style in the watchtower challenge, so I am hoping your embassy will be awesome!

Great work Doornroosje on both the moc and the custom shield design!! If that moc is still a wip I can´t wait to see when it´s done!!

My latest moc is done,

6640736377_85fa989e9e.jpg

Sealgair the hunter by de Gothia, on Flickr

I feel that I´m in a building bubble right now. Maybe beacuase I´m heading back to work very soon...

Here is the thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64341

@ZCerberus, thanks for your nice comment on my shield design :sweet: I really hope that I didn't set your expectations too high for my embassy, but I will try to live up to it :wink: I really want to try to focus more on building techniques and details, and less on my landscaping skills to make something look nice. Therefore I put myself to the challenge to build the embassy on a 16X32 plate (quite small, but my brick collection isn't large enough yet for something a lot bigger), with almost no extra space for landscaping. Furthermore the embassy will be build in Mitgardia, with snow, some rocks and not many plants to 'green' the building. I already have the basis ready with fortified gate, rocks and stables, and of course a secret escape route!

@de Gothia

Well I can promise you that there are some details that don't show on the WIP photo that I hope you will like!

You just keep surprising everybody with great MOCs in such short time ! Your latest one is another jewel! There are a lot of nice details that make me look at it again and again. I really learn a lot from your MOCs, especially since I am quite new to MOCing.

Edited by Doornroosje

I'm planning on making my Avalonian embassy in a Nocturnian swamp. I think it's pretty crappy that I have to show them what their swamp look's like. Why do all the other guild's not care about how we see them?

My dear lord,

it turns out that the other 11 of my oder where the assains that tried to kill you, I khae already emlinated all 11 and in the process of forming the elite gaurd that wiil serve and protect you and your kingdom. long live artorius rex and long live avalonia. :classic:

I'm planning on making my Avalonian embassy in a Nocturnian swamp. I think it's pretty crappy that I have to show them what their swamp look's like. Why do all the other guild's not care about how we see them?

Glad to hear you are planning an embassy build in Nocturnus. The local environment should present you with many building challenges and opportunities.

Inspiration pictures of the various areas can be found in the first Nocturnus Guild post, just as with other guilds. With regard to building in the Swamp, I am presently awaiting the arrival of a parts order and the local availability of the series 6 CMF before I can progress my Swamp build further. I would suggest that many of my guildmates similarly will be awaiting the acquisition of some of the Ninjago snakemen before they can construct their plans and ideas of what the "Swamplands of Moruth" may look like. The parts required to build in the non-Avalonian guilds are not necessarily always as readily available as the leaf pieces, grey bricks and Green Dragon Knights used in Avalonia. Thank you for understanding.

With regard as to what to build/how the landscape looks, the swampland is pretty huge, and one could expect that the landscape and vegetation would not be homogeneous throughout, so I would suggest that you should represent your area of the swampland in a manner which best reflects, and flatters, your embassy build. After all, the Avalonain engineers are unlikely to have set up shop in an unsuitable area :classic:

There are 2 good reference pictures of the swamp on the first page of the Nocturnus thread. Nocturnus is a relatively small guild whose members have done an excellent job of showing a diverse range of areas so far. All builds are posted on the front page, which shows that they do care, and go out of their way to make it easy for other guilds to see their styles. I am sure the swamp MOCs will be an equally high standard when we see them.

Being first to depict an area is a huge opportunity. I am building in the so far unseen Nocturnus Capital of Abyssan, becaus I need an urban setting in Nocturnus and there ain`t many. I have tremendous freedom to define the style of my block, which is great. :classic:

I am presently awaiting the arrival of a parts order and the local availability of the series 6 CMF before I can progress my Swamp build further.

Intriguing. We hear rumours the damned wetlands are infested with sinister flamenco dancing doctors and teddy bears.

My dear lord,

it turns out that the other 11 of my oder where the assains that tried to kill you, I khae already emlinated all 11 and in the process of forming the elite gaurd that wiil serve and protect you and your kingdom. long live artorius rex and long live avalonia. :classic:

Hurray for peace in our time! Vivat Rex! :tongue: Free bread, mead and grammar for all!