(W.I.P.) EITC-Ship "Wicked Wench"

I'm happy that you like the ship.

Here are two pictures showing the bow with the masts:

image022.jpg

image023.jpg

Best Regards,

Wellington

Edited by Wellington

Love it, love it, love it. Can't wait to see it with the sails. I hope you make the Black Pearl version as well :D

I am a fan of this creation. I really like the pearl gold fish as detailing on the back. But overall, it looks great!

Thank's for all the kind words.

I hope you make the Black Pearl version as well :D

Currently I'm focused to finish the Wicked Wench but who knows what I'll do after it. We'll see. :pir-grin:

Best Regards,

Wellington

Very nice... I must admit, im not familiar with any of the new boat pieces or anything though.. i havent been active on the forums or and lego in general in almost a year :pir-oh3:

It looks pretty close to the game version and I dig it... I also see what you did there with the slopes on the rear... You reversed them so the stern would support itself :-p

Sorry that I'm saying this so late, but I'm afraid your masts are way too high... the distance from the waterline to the top should about equal to the waterline lenght for most of the old sailing ships!

Since you're not really building a historic model it's maybe not terribly relevant, but I wanted you to know!

Happy building!

@Thee Pirate:

I'm glad you like the ship. In fact the pictures of the videogame-BP were like a pattern/orientation for me in terms of approximate size/shape etc. The Wicked Wench is rather loosely based on the videogame-BP but was heavily inspired by it. :pir_laugh2: Before I started to build the Wicked Wench I read Captain Greenhair's tutorial "Build a frigate" :thumbup: which was extremely helpful.

@Perfectionist:

Thank's for your advice. I already realized that the masts are too tall (although the picture makes the masts look taller than they actually are). Since I took the last picture I've already shortened the masts but they still are a bit above the ratio you mentioned. It certainly gives me the opportunity to give her a good amount of sails. :pir-sweet:

Best regards,

Wellington

Hello everyone!

Here's an update of the Wicked Wench. I've started to add the rigging and although it's not finished yet I wanted to share some pictures with you:

image038.jpg

image036.jpg

image033.jpg

Replies and comments are welcome!

Best regards,

Wellington

Edited by Wellington

Amazing ship. Very nice colourscheme and shape. :pir-sweet:

The only thing I do not like that much is the stern. That tan area under windows is very large and plain. Some decoration would be nice.

Anyway it is very nice ship. I hope to see it completed soon :pir-sweet:

Nice job on the rigging. This ship looks very neat.

I think your way of building the stern is very clever and could be used more often on other ships.

The curved parts close to the rudder make it look very realistic.

Just one think, I couldn't tell from the pictures, but did you add catheads?:

181198039_3d8e6418e9.jpg

The small beams sticking out here where you can hang the anchor on to.

Helle everyone!

Thank's for the replies.

@Admiral Croissant:

Yes, I added catheads but they are maybe hard to see because they're also brown.

Now I want to share some new pictures with you. I've updated the stern of the ship and the rigging is now almost completed thus it won't be long until the Wicked Wench can finally set sail. :pir-sweet:

image041.jpg

image043.jpg

Replies, comments and suggestions for improvement are always welcome! :pir-sweet:

Best regards,

Wellington

It's looking great, just like the pictures you linked to.

And the shape is precisely the Black Pearl.

But just a minor thing those steep slope brick on the aft do they come in sandy/white or what ever that colour is named? because I think that would look better then the brown you have used now, so that it doesn't interrupt that nice line so much.

Bart

You put some effort into rigging :thumbup: Very nice.

And in my opinion, the decoration of the stern's lower part helped :pir-sweet:

Great ship so far. That is just about the closest I have seen anybody get to the overall shape of the black pearl. I also really like your color scheme and the fact that you are doing the ship before it got sunk.

I actually thought about building the Wicked Wench, but true to the Disney ride instead of the move. However, this is a great rendition of the pearl before she was burnt. I really like the use of the pearl gold under the galleries. :thumbup: I would try and break up the brown in one more place with a different color, or mabe try and add some old brown in there for some contrast on the hull. If you check out some ship models you can see how the color brown varies in shade on different places on the hull. But if you dont change it you still have a fantastic moc on your hands. :thumbup:

-Bejuane

Edited by Admiral Bejaune

Thank's for all your kind comments! :pir-sweet:

I've been a bit busy but I promise the Wicked Wench will get her sails soon. So expect some new pictures.

Best regards,

Wellington

Edited by Wellington