jamie75

Star Wars LEGO CUUSOO

Why would you put Luke above Riekkan? Yes, the Rebels do have rank and leaders.

I guess Jedi can be Bishops because of their religion, but they are Jedi Knights. Knights can also move in a way no other piece can emulate, similar to a Jedi.

I get your point, but (:facepalm: I forgot to mention this!) I did want to have a FEW main characters.

Edit: I meant that the Rebels have no supreme commander. (Like Palpatine was for. . . Everyone else.)

Yes, but knights are on horses, the SW parallel is the AT-RT. (I realized this when I saw a comercial for "War Horse" ; the way the soldiers mounted their horses looked EXACTLY like the way the Clones mounted their AT-RTs in the TCW episode "Darkness on Umbara".)

Edit: Also, notice how the AT-RTs have moved in "Darkness on Umbara" and "Kidnapped".

Edited by Legoman273

Wow, many thanks for the wonderful and expert feedback - keep it coming! I'll make changes to the set configuration based on this.

Neat idea, but there's already a couple of incredible SW Chess set MOCs out there: SW Chess sets. If TLG were to ever make those I'd seriously consider purchasing, even though I'm not a chess player.

Neat idea, but there's already a couple of incredible SW Chess set MOCs out there: SW Chess sets. If TLG were to ever make those I'd seriously consider purchasing, even though I'm not a chess player.

Yes, they had me drooling too! I'm aiming for a more humble, functional design (tested by my kids!) that will hopefully be priced below $70 if made by TLG.

Edited by avisolo

That is a pretty awesome SW Lego chess set and this would be the level you should consider aiming for if you are seriously considering CUSOO

That is a pretty awesome SW Lego chess set and this would be the level you should consider aiming for if you are seriously considering CUSOO

It's meant for display and nothing more. The cost of it would be 300+ dollars given the figures it comes with and the amount of pieces needed for the board. It would also be near impossible to play a chess game with the size of the pieces.

Even then, having all of the pieces as minifigures is rather unrealistic. Rooks and Knights in past LEGO chess sets have been brickbuilt, so I would suggest doing the same.

It's meant for display and nothing more. The cost of it would be 300+ dollars given the figures it comes with and the amount of pieces needed for the board. It would also be near impossible to play a chess game with the size of the pieces.

nothing is impossible

I think this is a good idea, with a little more to it i.e. bases for some characters, or a rook piece that is an atgar laser cannon or something similar. I think you could spice it up a little and make a very attractive low price range chess set. I have also seen some really fancy ones, but they would have to sell more at the $200-300 range at minimum.

I think this is a great idea, and if you refine the timeline/characters and add a little flair to it, you may have a winner. (It is my opinion that looks count for a LOT on CUUSOO because it's all about making your creation POP and getting people's attention. I really like how it looks official!)

Even then, having all of the pieces as minifigures is rather unrealistic. Rooks and Knights in past LEGO chess sets have been brickbuilt, so I would suggest doing the same.

That is why I suggested AT-ATs, AT-TEs, AT-RTs, AATs, turrets, etc.

I think this is a good idea, with a little more to it i.e. bases for some characters, or a rook piece that is an atgar laser cannon or something similar. I think you could spice it up a little and make a very attractive low price range chess set. I have also seen some really fancy ones, but they would have to sell more at the $200-300 range at minimum.

I think this is a great idea, and if you refine the timeline/characters and add a little flair to it, you may have a winner. (It is my opinion that looks count for a LOT on CUUSOO because it's all about making your creation POP and getting people's attention. I really like how it looks official!)

Edit: I missed the comment on cost above - The viking set was around $100 I think, and if you figure $2-3 per figure with 32 figs, that's $64-96, so I think you're right on track for around $100. It doesn't matter what figs are Bricklinking/E-Baying for, it is a generic cost/part for Lego.

Unlike the Viking and Castle chess sets, this would be based on a licensed theme if produced, so it's likely to be far more expensive. One should also keep in mind that both of the former only contained 24 minifigures.

Unlike the Viking and Castle chess sets, this would be based on a licensed theme if produced, so it's likely to be far more expensive. One should also keep in mind that both of the former only contained 24 minifigures.

That's true, plus I always assume there is going to be about a 20% price increase for a set (I hadn't really thought this way until the last 3 or 4 years) so that would bump this up from $100 to $120(Licensed) to $140 (inflation )to $150 ($140 is a pretty underused price point for Lego, and there has been an influx of $150 sets lately) This would definitely make it less appealing.

Are you serious, I would fully play chess with that set, it is not like you need arms the size of the Hulk to lift those pieces :wacko:

As an owner of the Vikings chess set, playing chess can be very difficult with figures on a small board, there is often not enough room for them to be places closed together without accesories falling off or the figure falling off completely (resulting in long debates about where the piece is supposed to go). So all in all, having a big board with a lot more free space is definately an advantage.

As an owner of the Vikings chess set, playing chess can be very difficult with figures on a small board, there is often not enough room for them to be places closed together without accesories falling off or the figure falling off completely (resulting in long debates about where the piece is supposed to go). So all in all, having a big board with a lot more free space is definately an advantage.

Dark side:

Royal guards - bishops

AT-ST - knights (as they can move around othe pieces and are like mounted equipment. Probably need microscale or special piece though)

rancor, those orc things from jabbas palace, AT-ATs, or destroyer droids from PT - rooks. Heavy and hard hitting

TIE pilots or probe droids - pawns. Would have preferred stormtroopers but, well, they're white..

palpatine-king. Doesn't move around much but is the ultimate power

Darth Vader - queen. Main trouble maker

Rebels: (a little trickier as a lot of the main characters are all on a similar level)

Pawns - r2d2 or rebel troopers. Prefer r2 to keep it all OT, plus rebel troopers turn bad

Knight- han on tauntaun. Similar shape to AT-ST but smaller

bishop - obi wan Kenobi in cloak

Rook - chewie. Big and heavy

king - yoda

Queen - leia

I realise I'm missing luke here. Maybe the knights could be one Han and one Luke (but on tauntauns you might not recognise them)

Doesn't matter if you have duplicates of characters - its chess after all. Piece recognition should come before wanting lots of characters on the board

Knight- han on tauntaun. Similar shape to AT-ST but smaller

Maybe the knights could be one Han and one Luke (but on tauntauns you might not recognise them)

Very nice idea (also suggested by Legoman273 earlier)! This way I can get both Han and Luke into the game while the tauntauns provide enough of a similarity between the two knights (Han will be the knight next to Leia).

Thanks so much for all the helpful comments - keep them coming.

That's true, plus I always assume there is going to be about a 20% price increase for a set (I hadn't really thought this way until the last 3 or 4 years) so that would bump this up from $100 to $120(Licensed) to $140 (inflation )to $150 ($140 is a pretty underused price point for Lego, and there has been an influx of $150 sets lately) This would definitely make it less appealing.

You and rogueang are right about the price. While it would still sell well at $120/$140 it would be a blockbuster at $100.

I took the LEGO Star Wars Chess Set (housed in a old LEGO Vikings chess box and board) on a transatlantic flight last week. It was quite playable as there are only minifigs in the set. The light-sabers kept falling off though. A lot of people on the flight asked if it was available as a official LEGO set.

Merged all CUUSOO in the Star Wars Forum here.

Show your ideas and CUUSOO projects here please.

Do feel free to still post a MOC in the forum and then add the CUUSOO link.

Do not abuse EB or it's Forums to have people voting for you on CUUSOO.

Meaning that if you post a MOC solely to lure people to CUUSOO to vote for it, then the staff will step in.

"Stay On Target!"

Hello,

Today I get noticed by someone via Flickr that my Bantha pic has been used for a cuusoo project. The "little burglar" must be a young fan so I asked him to remove it.

But the idea was good so I created a cuuso project for this model, now let see how many people will like it???

if you want to support, the adress is :

My Lego Bantha

And BTW the model is this one:

snip

You got my support.

Let's make a LEGO Star Wars Chess Set to get young minds excited about playing the royal game! I built one (after an expensive visit to the LEGO store!) for my six-year old son on his birthday and he's been hooked on playing Chess with me ever since.

You can find the LEGO CUUSOO Star Wars Chess Set project here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/131

Supported

Jamie75's UCS AT-AT

marshel_banana's UCS Sandcrawler

Heck yeah! :wub:

"Stay On Target!"

Supported

Thanks for your support KimT! I totally understand about the thread consolidation:)

Supported BaronSat's Bantha too. I've also updated my Lego CUUSOO project description to reflect the help of the Eurobricks forum members.

Should I have the Knights ride Tauntauns/Kaadus? Which side where? Help please! (The Knights on the Rebel side are Luke and Han)

Should I have the Knights ride Tauntauns/Kaadus? Which side where? Help please! (The Knights on the Rebel side are Luke and Han)

Han and Luke in Hoth gear should ride Taun-Tauns.

Kaadus are from Ep.I. :wink:

Kaadus are from Ep.I. :wink:

Thanks, I was desperate for Imperial knights with easily affixed means of transport:) I might just use Boba Fett as the knights.

Edited by avisolo

Thanks, I was desperate for Imperial knights with easily affixed means of transport:) I might just use Boba Fett as the knights.

Scout troopers on speeder bikes. (Or swoops - like in the Droid Escape set)

C'mon guys!

Don't you want a UCS Sandcrawler or UCS AT-AT? :grin:

Please stop spamming. :hmpf_bad:

:roflmao: