_shaddow_

Xbl'it

It's been a while since I've posted one of my mocs. Anyway, this one is pretty simple, it's a race of robots for the fan universe of my friend, "Universcape". As I said in the title, it's name isn't really pronounciable.

imgp0000.jpg

Click on the picture to access the gallery (when available)

As always, comments and critics are welcome.

Always tried to do something with two HF 1.0 feet, but nothing good happens. Glad that you made it better!

Also welcome back to EB forums! You know, it's pretty hard to see your MOCs on Brickshelf and not leaving any comments, even simple enthusiastic phrases. >w< Hope you'll post more MOCs here.

Always tried to do something with two HF 1.0 feet, but nothing good happens. Glad that you made it better!

Also welcome back to EB forums! You know, it's pretty hard to see your MOCs on Brickshelf and not leaving any comments, even simple enthusiastic phrases. >w< Hope you'll post more MOCs here.

Thanks, I'll try to post more of my MOCs then ! And yeah, I always wanted to do a torso using these parts, the first time I tried, it failed, but it does look good on this one, I think.

I tried to pronounce it....

I should have listened to you! :cry_sad:

But that looks really good. Where's his face, though? :look:

darthnihilus, i guess, Vapour helmet's back is this creature's face. Eyeless, as I can judje.

N13OS is right, and the race don't really have a head, more like a center portion, like our body, and then members. It uses different type of captors instead of organs.

I'm liking this build a lot. The slender/wiry frame it has going on really lends itself well to an alien like feel. Oh, and those little stubby feet are genius! I can't say much bad about it right now. When the folder is public, I'll have a little more to say about the giant turbine like things on its back.

Interesting design, I don't recall seeing 1.0 feet used in that way before. If it has no head, how does it see? Echolocation, sonar, radar; what? Either way something about it's body just works, the only concern I have about it is that the forearms won't be able to bend, limiting it's movements.

Thanks, I'll try to post more of my MOCs then ! And yeah, I always wanted to do a torso using these parts, the first time I tried, it failed, but it does look good on this one, I think.

Welcome! ^^ Always glad to comment talented MOCers. Then, I will wait. =)

Edited by -N13OS-

Excellent and creative design! At first glance, it doesn't even appear to be LEGO, but with a closer look you can see that there are some extremely clever building techniques going towards giving that impression! If it were up to me, the only change I could think of making would be to swap the Y-joints on the feet for the new style, so that the feet continue to express the smoothness seen on the rest of the body.

Also, I can definitely respect someone who chooses to leave certain parts un-armored. A lot of more amateur MOCs would put armor on every exposed bone, but while the LEGO aspect of this model is a little more visible because of the exposed thigh bones, the model's armor seems to follow a much more logical pattern this way. The upper limbs and waist are all equally exposed, giving the model a consistent aesthetic.

I'm liking this build a lot. The slender/wiry frame it has going on really lends itself well to an alien like feel. Oh, and those little stubby feet are genius! I can't say much bad about it right now. When the folder is public, I'll have a little more to say about the giant turbine like things on its back.

Thanks, and by the way, the gallery is available, now.

Excellent and creative design! At first glance, it doesn't even appear to be LEGO, but with a closer look you can see that there are some extremely clever building techniques going towards giving that impression! If it were up to me, the only change I could think of making would be to swap the Y-joints on the feet for the new style, so that the feet continue to express the smoothness seen on the rest of the body.

Also, I can definitely respect someone who chooses to leave certain parts un-armored. A lot of more amateur MOCs would put armor on every exposed bone, but while the LEGO aspect of this model is a little more visible because of the exposed thigh bones, the model's armor seems to follow a much more logical pattern this way. The upper limbs and waist are all equally exposed, giving the model a consistent aesthetic.

I agree with Aanchir, this MOC looks fantastic! If I had Vapour, I'd try this MOC myself.

I think I couldn't explain myself so well even if I wanted to, but yes, for the armors (or the lack of) on the thighs, on the first place, the pieces used to do the thighs weren't supposed to be these (more like a combination of titan-type Y-connectors and balljoints). Anyway, thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it !

Edited by _shaddow_

I thought htis MOC was familiar - I watched a video of it on Youtube earlier today.

It's a very good MOC, I really like the shape and the overall aesthetic. The use of Vapor's mask is really, really good and the armour placement is superb.

I thought htis MOC was familiar - I watched a video of it on Youtube earlier today.

It's a very good MOC, I really like the shape and the overall aesthetic. The use of Vapor's mask is really, really good and the armour placement is superb.

Thanks, and yeah, it's my friend loserkiller, who reviewed my moc. (french and english)

I think for this one, it all comes down to the shape of the torso, since the members themselves are pretty simply shaped.

I'm not sure I actually will, but i'm thinking of doing another type of these, in red/black, but with more angular shapes, particulary on the head.

it's pronounced "ziblit" by the way

anyway, great MOC! i love how you used the surge feet :3

also, great work with the blue rotor/vapour head!

:D