kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

After a long period of just guy names, the Hero Recon site finally has the option of giving your Hero (from the Hero Creator) feminine names! The names added include Brooke, Ella, Faith, Heather, Holly, Hope, Jane, :)

Meh.

Jennifer

I love you LEGO.

Be right back, going to make some heroes.

My guess is that the plane things on Stormer's arms are to add bulk to the set itself, since they don't appear in the show, from what the videos have shown us.

His legs look odd, but I'll wait for better pics to judge.

Still not sold on Stormer, though he does look better once I realized the connection between the cuffs and the right leg looks to be the same as the normal Heroes. Although I'm still only buying the villains.

That is pretty sweet. Hopefully they actually update it with 2012 stuff, too.

That would be even better.. I would like it if they'd update the builder to allow those larger 5-long plates (like for Surge's current shoulders) to be used on the arms and legs, instead of just as torso armor. The inclusion of the 5 or 6-long orange pieces from Thornraxx would be pretty awesome too.

Meh.

I love you LEGO.

Be right back, going to make some heroes.

:laugh:I felt the same way. It is a shame that there aren't a wider variety of names, but I guess there isn't much helping that.

Glad everybody's happy. :)

-Cirkit

EDIT: Strange.. the multiquote didn't show all the quotes.. meh oh well.

Edited by Cirkit

I agree. I have several problems with Stormer, three and three alone at this point in time, and most are things that are hard to determine whether they truly are as bad as I believe they could be, and there's no way to tell until February. The actual set looks very nice and formidable. Here are the problems I have:

1. His leg design, mainly because it has never been used before, and as such, there's no precedent to determine if it's a good design or not. i'm going to attempt to create a mock-up of the leg design in the next couple of days to see if it's decent. But from the pictures, the posability looks awkward, and for a titan, it looks ridiculously simple. But that could all change come Toy Fair.

2. Speaking of things changing at Toy Fair, this brings me to problem two: The overall simplicity of the set considering the probable price, $20-$25. The torso, due to the overly large but very cool looking chest armor, appears very simplified, and the skimpiness of the leg and arm designs. But again, that all could change.

3. The feet. From what I can see, they look... odd. Almost like two 2.0 feet were slapped together and turned into one piece. But yet again, that all could change when the set is finalized.

As it stands, though, the reason these problems bother me is not because they cause the set to look bad, contrary to what some people believe, but because I don't think the probable price justifies the set as it stands. Depending on the final piece count and structure of the set, my opinion will likely change (especially since we've only seen it from one angle), but as it stands now, that's that.

Edited by Mesonak

3. The feet. From what I can see, they look... odd. Almost like two 2.0 feet were slapped together and turned into one piece. But yet again, that all could change when the set is finalized.

Hmm. To me, the feet look like the 2.0 shield pieces with some "toe" parts attached to the pin holes.

I know that there's not a lot of Polish members but new sets are now avaliable! Small are for 36,99zł, avarage are for 49,99zł and the biggest one (Black Phantom) is for 79,99zł. It is pretty cool because polish HF site hasn't been updated yet with jungle theme XD

BTW: Stormer XL reminds me humans from Gears of War game. It will be nice to see him with a big gun :P All heroes should look like this.

I think that those Combiners aren't too creative. In my opinion 2005 theme had got best combo-sets ever! They should try with combining many sets.

I am hoping for a medium sized guy riding a tank.

Why are we commenting on stormer as if we actually had a detailed, non blurry picture? Do we have such thing yet? The one in the video is not enough for me to start making opinions.

I am hoping for a medium sized guy riding a tank.

Why are we commenting on stormer as if we actually had a detailed, non blurry picture? Do we have such thing yet? The one in the video is not enough for me to start making opinions.

Well, we have various pics of Stormer from the Breakout video clips, as well as this one which, while preliminary, has somewhat clearer detail.

A tank isn't the sort of vehicle "Speeda Demon" brings to mind, for me, but I have to admit that would be an awesome type of vehicle to see in Hero Factory. Whatever his design, I'd expect the box to have the same icy backdrop as Stormer's, and admittedly most of the vehicles the name brings to mind for me are street vehicles that wouldn't make any sense at all in so much snow and ice!

Just put two rocket engines on the tank and it would seem exactly like the sort of vehicle a speeda demon would ride.

Stormer looks as if they are going to use Hulk's build and include those wings to make him look heroic rather than monstrous (like Hulk). In part it is a good idea to depart from the build used in FL/Rocka/Doctor/BP, because even with BP it is lacking. I also see that friction joints will be used in the legs and arms. The legs look funny, but not as funny as the previous 'titans' and I have the feeling the wings in the arms will look really great in real pictures.

Edited by vexorian

I hope that Lego will release some vehicles and a set like Vezon&Fenrakk, Fero&Skirmix or Maxilos&Spinax (combination of animal and his owner). And I also think that Lego shouldn't make guys "for one year" like Atlantis, PowerMiners or sth other.

BTW:Shouldn't we be interested about so small number of sets? Are they ending this theme?

They are not ending the theme (or if they are, they will probably replace it with other action figures anyway, they won't stop doing them). They just want you to use the extra money to purchase the super heroes. I will instead buy more and more HF.

BTW:Shouldn't we be interested about so small number of sets? Are they ending this theme?

Breakout is one story lasting the entire year, thus, they can only use each Hero once (excluding XL's). There are currently 9 Heroes, and all of them have one villain to combat each, so how many villains will there be? 9. 9 + 9? 18. The maximum number of sets they can have is 18, and since they already released 10 this winter, having a mere 8 sets was the only option they were faced with. Unless they created 1+ new Heroes, which (for some reason) they don't want to do right now, or put together a regular-sized Stormer too, like the regular and XL Rocka's in Savage Planet. In fairness, they've probably succumbed to some cut-backs too due to the Super Heroes Ultrabuild sets being designed.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

Personally, I'm hoping Speed Demon (I'm leaving off that 'a' in 'Speed') will be something like Millenium from Slizers. Not only because that figure was awesome, but because I feel like a similar design would fit the name.

Kalhiki

Toxic Reapa, man XP.

Well, we have various pics of Stormer from the Breakout video clips, as well as this one which, while preliminary, has somewhat clearer detail.

A tank isn't the sort of vehicle "Speeda Demon" brings to mind, for me, but I have to admit that would be an awesome type of vehicle to see in Hero Factory. Whatever his design, I'd expect the box to have the same icy backdrop as Stormer's, and admittedly most of the vehicles the name brings to mind for me are street vehicles that wouldn't make any sense at all in so much snow and ice!

Dude dude

SNOWMOBILE. It should happen.

15 bucks more than Stormer, eh? That's definitely a vehicle. Looking forward to it; Hero Factory has a good track record of vehicles, and the new building style will make things very interesting.

The site's prices are marked up. Judging by the price they sell items for, he's the same price as Witch Doctor. Stormer XL is the same price as Rocka XL, so he's only $5 more expensive. Likely a Witch Doctor style build, though I guess it's possible for him to be a vehicle.

Mmm, true, didn't see that Witch Doctor was marked up that much as well. This site is worse than TRU XP. I'm still down for vehicle.

Given the 2.0 style build's track record, I'd say a vehicle is unlikely. I'm hoping it's something like a villain riding a beast, sort of like Lhikan and Kikanalo, or Vezon and Fenrakk.

You can have a Witch Doctor-sized vehicle. :tongue:

WAIT.

PERHAPS IT'S A WITCH DOCTOR-SIZED VILLAIN WITH SKATES?! :grin:

Umbra is back, and bigger than ever!

I want him to be like some half-car-half-robot thing.

Not like a Transformer but an upper body with some wheels instead of feet.