kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Most of them are already sold out in my local LEGO store, except for XT4. I'm not really tempted to buy a second one though, since I still have enough bones and shells flying around here (what I actually could need were hands - maybe I'll make a PaB order someday again...).

I myself really like the Breakout Heroes. If you notice, for the past few waves, the Heroes all end up looking like each other. But now, every Hero was their own unique "look". And while the colors are a but jumblr, it shows how LEGO is taking advantage of the cladding system. Of course, the whole idea of having "premium" sets (the $12.99 ones) is a little odd. Plus, the Hero cores are all the same color.

What's so weird about having a few sets that are slightly larger? Why wouldn't they cost a little more, then, either?

I myself really like the Breakout Heroes. If you notice, for the past few waves, the Heroes all end up looking like each other. But now, every Hero was their own unique "look". And while the colors are a but jumblr, it shows how LEGO is taking advantage of the cladding system. Of course, the whole idea of having "premium" sets (the $12.99 ones) is a little odd. Plus, the Hero cores are all the same color.

Well, there have ALWAYS been "premium" sets, in a sense. The difference is that before 2012, the larger sets were always villains and the smaller sets were always heroes. I think that mixing that up is a great change, especially since the smaller villain sets (Thornraxx, Toxic Reapa, XT4, and Jawblade) turned out to be some of the most imaginative designs, while the larger hero sets (Breez, Rocka, Furno, and Bulk) have more equipment than could be included at a lower price point-- including, for all but Furno, actual back armor.

The Hero Cores being all the same color is a bit less interesting than previous waves' colored cores, but personally I've grown to like the new Hero Cores with their uniform colors, and so I'm not too keen on seeing that change (it shouldn't be ignored that there are already technically four "variants" of the Hero Core, differentiated by the number of game points they offer-- so making each variant in an assortment of colors might mean having even more types of Hero Core in production than there were in 2010 and 2011).

Would people still recommend Speeda Demon now? I still think he'd be a fun set, but I'd prefer to wait for a sale or something.

I would recommend it, but if you think they will have him on sale soon, wait and buy two.

Yeah, I agree. Speeda Demon's pretty great, but not $35 great.

Edited by Mesonak

I'll probably wait for some BOGO sale at TRU or wherever and lump Jet Rocka in with it. Just figured I'd see if he still stands up at that price point today.

Edited by Dorek

Yeah, I agree. Speeda Demon's pretty great, but not $35 great.

$50 in Australia. I would buy it if it was $35.

Hey does the remolded shadow matoran feet have a different part number from the old shadow matoran feet. I want to order some remolded ones from lego.

Hey does the remolded shadow matoran feet have a different part number from the old shadow matoran feet. I want to order some remolded ones from lego.

Yes, they do. These are the new ones, which appear when you search for Toxic Reapa's parts on the LEGO Customer Service site. In fact, they've replaced the old feet in the Customer Service inventory for all Hero Factory sets. The old ones, which are listed in the instruction manual, have a different Element ID and a different Design ID, and they still show up in the Customer Service inventories for BIONICLE sets that used that part.

Yes, they do. These are the new ones, which appear when you search for Toxic Reapa's parts on the LEGO Customer Service site. In fact, they've replaced the old feet in the Customer Service inventory for all Hero Factory sets. The old ones, which are listed in the instruction manual, have a different Element ID and a different Design ID, and they still show up in the Customer Service inventories for BIONICLE sets that used that part.

Thanks' I'm going to grab about 10 of them then.