Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Suburbia - Sign Ups

I am still more than happy to give your mystery game a try.

As for the signups, I think perhaps def's Mafia game has taken a bit of the focus from this one (he seems to have included pretty much all the current, regular Mafia players in his game) plus there is the Heroica RPG going on.

I'm still up for the game.

Maybe it's because Mysteries are so much longer than mafias, and people can't commit all their time to it.

I'm sure there are players who didn't make it into Bloodbrick II who will sign-up. Sign-ups for that game just closed, I believe, so some probably haven't learned whether or not they're playing. Yes, that would probably mean a good amount of the new players, but they have to start somewhere, right?

Worst case scenario, you could just scale the game down, could you not?

I am still more than happy to give your mystery game a try.

As for the signups, I think perhaps def's Mafia game has taken a bit of the focus from this one (he seems to have included pretty much all the current, regular Mafia players in his game) plus there is the Heroica RPG going on.

I'm still up for the game.

Maybe it's because Mysteries are so much longer than mafias, and people can't commit all their time to it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to host the game. I've scaled down the game to fewer characters, and also a smaller time frame since days are 96 hours long. This game won't really last as long as Red Scare did.

I'm sure there are players who didn't make it into Bloodbrick II who will sign-up. Sign-ups for that game just closed, I believe, so some probably haven't learned whether or not they're playing. Yes, that would probably mean a good amount of the new players, but they have to start somewhere, right?

Worst case scenario, you could just scale the game down, could you not?

As I said above, I'd likely have to rework much of the story if I cut out 5 roles. In all honesty if there's 11 people that signed up, my worry is that some of you will lose interest a lot faster. I also welcome people who have never played a mystery before. It's a bit moderate difficulty wise, and I will help you along the way.

As I said above, I'd likely have to rework much of the story if I cut out 5 roles. In all honesty if there's 11 people that signed up, my worry is that some of you will lose interest a lot faster. I also welcome people who have never played a mystery before. It's a bit moderate difficulty wise, and I will help you along the way.

I know I personally won't lose interest, but I see your point.

Hey Bob,

Sorry to see you're not getting the response you had hoped for. I'm not signing up because I realized that I don't really enjoy mystery games, and I usually bring the game down rather than help it. I really don't have enough time to analyze all of the clues, etc. and stay committed to the same game for over a month or so. If I signed up, it would be for worse.

Sorry, buddy. :sad: I hope you get some more sign-ups, I'd be interested in following along this game that you have put so much effort into.

I am not sure why there's a lack of interest in the game. I've hosted a rather good mystery before this one, however it could be because very few people (the 11 that signed up) actually like mysteries. I'm rather disappointed actually, but I cannot force people to signup.

I've actually been really excited about this ever since you first posted the banner in your sig a couple of months ago. I'd love to play, but like I said before, I only have time for so many games at a time.

I guess it's just not a good time for another new game to start. :sceptic:

In any case, good luck in hosting! I hope you'll be able to get enough players.

I guess it's just not a good time for another new game to start. :sceptic:

I'm not sure what you mean. Historically, mafia and mystery games have run along side each other.

I think I'll end up shorting it down to twelve players, leaving one spot open. If it's not filled, I'll just shorten it further to eleven.

I'm not sure what you mean. Historically, mafia and mystery games have run along side each other.

Really? :wacko: I was under the impression that they were staggered (one mafia, or mystery, etc.).

Really? :wacko: I was under the impression that they were staggered (one mafia, or mystery, etc.).

Red Scare Mystery ran along side four mafias, I believe. (Eurodina, Dr. Bloodbricks, Werewolf, and The Forest)

Others (Red Moon, Mystery on the Emerald Express) have as well.

Sorry for being late to the party! I'm home after a few hectic days away from the computer, so I missed/overlooked the start of the sign-ups. Anyway, if your game is still going forward Bob, count me in! :sweet: (what, no more TCM? :oh:)

-Past Mafia/Mystery Experience.

Mafia: Eurodina, Werewolf, The Forest, Belville, Baritones 3

Mystery: Red Scare

-Are you available during the time specified?

Yes, no travel plans.

-Your favorite Collectible Minifigure. (From any series)

I quite like the Hockey Player (S4).

-Your favorite movie. (This won't help/hurt you, it's just for my benefit)

Tough call, so many. '2001 A Space Odyssey' is a classic.

I actually like mysteries more than mafias. Why? Because you don't just discuss and vote. You get to get into the game and find clues. That's why I signed up.

Sorry for being late to the party! I'm home after a few hectic days away from the computer, so I missed/overlooked the start of the sign-ups. Anyway, if your game is still going forward Bob, count me in! :sweet: (what, no more TCM? :oh:)

I was wondering where you were! :sweet:

We have 12 players now, enough to start the game. Should we leave it open to see if anyone else wants to join, or close it and move forward?

I was wondering where you were! :sweet:

We have 12 players now, enough to start the game. Should we leave it open to see if anyone else wants to join, or close it and move forward?

I'd say leave it open another couple of days, until Bloodbricks II starts. People who were left out may get the urge to play a game, and sign up.

My bad. I looked over the favorite movie in the first post. I might as well add it here. :sadnew:

4. Your Favorite Movie: Definetly "The Other Guys". Great movie, really funny.

Sorry to see that you have a lack of interest, Bob.

I guess I could offer to help out if you have a lack of spaces. :classic:

-Past Mafia/Mystery Experience

Hogwarts Mafia, Village Of The Bloody Damned Mafia, Eurodina Mafia (won), Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia, The Coming Darkness Mafystery.

As you can see, I've never really played a Mystery game before, so I'm letting you know early that I might not be much use. :blush:

I may be a little busy some days, but I should be mostly free.

-Your favorite Collectible Minifigure

Well, as nice as they are, I don't own any. I'd have to say that the HAZMAT guy looks pretty good.

-Your favorite movie

Hmm, most probably a Star Wars film; Revenge Of The Sith probably.

Best of luck with the game if I don't get selected to play. :thumbup:

If you could still use an extra player, I'm up for the challenge.

-Past Mafia/Mystery Experience

Go here!

I'm playing Bloodbrick too, so I might be a little busy but I think I'm more than capable to combine both.

-Your favorite Collectible Minifigure

I'd have to say the new small clown is very cute and I love the pie. The serie 1 spaceman even though I'm absolutely not a space guy. And I absolutely love the zoo keeper with her cute monkey. Oh and the cavewoman looks very nice too!

-Your favorite movie

I'm not going to mention one of the classics. A recent movie which has become one of my favorites has to be The book of Eli.

As of now we have fourteen people, which leaves two spots still open.

Sign-ups are now closed.

Thank you to the 14 people who signed up, roles will be out soon.

Sign in to follow this