Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

I just think its a lost opportunity not to put a different pattern on the opposite side, just like the grille bricks. Two for the price of one, what's not to love?

I suspect the brick needs to have a mirror pattern on the reverse side, like this:

post-5510-131617114628.gif

That way you can make a proper brick wall with interlocking bricks. If all of these bricks have an identical pattern on both sides, interlocking walls will end up looking like the one I've marked with an 'x'.

I would also guess that to end flush the brick work would be at right angles....cornered. :wink:

Also I can guess that we'll be guessing and talking about the new building for months to come till we see for real what's on offer. :wink:

Looking at that small Ninjago snake temple (9440) – and assuming that this part of this image is correct and final –, it rather seems that the reverse side of the brick brick has no vertical grooves at all. Which I'd actually like because it gives at least a slightly different architectural option – though David's interlocking idea would be nice too if there were 1x1 bricks to put at the end...

Looking at that small Ninjago snake temple (9440) – and assuming that this part of this image is correct and final –, it rather seems that the reverse side of the brick brick has no vertical grooves at all. Which I'd actually like because it gives at least a slightly different architectural option – though David's interlocking idea would be nice too if there were 1x1 bricks to put at the end...

At the very bottom left of the police station there seems to be a 1x1 brick, or the end of a longer brick, with the 'brick' pattern on it. Which is strange because at the bottom right of the police station, we can see that the end of the 1x2 brick is perfectly blank. I don't quite know what to make of that.

Also the shrine in 9442 seems to confirm that one side side of the brick has no vertical lines. In a way it's a shame, but I can also see how something like that might be very useful.

At the very bottom left of the police station there seems to be a 1x1 brick, or the end of a longer brick, with the 'brick' pattern on it. Which is strange because at the bottom right of the police station, we can see that the end of the 1x2 brick is perfectly blank. I don't quite know what to make of that.

Also the shrine in 9442 seems to confirm that one side side of the brick has no vertical lines. In a way it's a shame, but I can also see how something like that might be very useful.

I can clearly see in the picture I have of that Police Station, that the 'brick' brick on the bottom right has a line in it on the reverse side. This indicates that the back also has a pattern on it.

In regards to the bottom left, I agree it does appear to be a 1x1 'brick' brick. Very strange, indeed! Maybe the 1x1 'brick' brick has the pattern on all 4 sides? We'll have to wait and see when these become available. I can't wait!

Locutis

I can clearly see in the picture I have of that Police Station, that the 'brick' brick on the bottom right has a line in it on the reverse side. This indicates that the back also has a pattern on it.

I was referring to the end of the brick, not the reverse side... but this whole discussion can get confusing as I still don't entirely understand what lightningtiger meant by 'to end flush the brick work would be at right angles....cornered' in post #93.

It occured to me that even if one side of the brick doesn't have vertical lines, you can still create an interlocking pattern but the bricks are going to be irregular, like this:

post-5510-131629992938.gif

Which I actually think looks quite nice.

I was referring to the end of the brick, not the reverse side... but this whole discussion can get confusing as I still don't entirely understand what lightningtiger meant by 'to end flush the brick work would be at right angles....cornered' in post #93.

It occured to me that even if one side of the brick doesn't have vertical lines, you can still create an interlocking pattern but the bricks are going to be irregular, like this:

post-5510-131629992938.gif

Which I actually think looks quite nice.

I bet this technique is gonna be used in the new modular. :)

It seems like you could make a normal interlocking pattern even if each side is different, you would just have to stack the brick one on top of the other. Unfortunately you couldn't make a wall very big that way without it being weak. Even if the other side is mirrored there is still a problem, you cannot create an edge because there is not a 1x1 brick like this as of yet.

The piece still looks very useful though.

Did anyone notice what appears to be a new piece in the trees in these sets? I think there's a 2x2 round plate with two bars attached, similar to this piece. It's being used to attach the branches.

Edited by weasel47

Any news lately on Town Hall *huh* ?

I don't expect we'll hear much about it until closer to its release, since TLG recently announced 10230 and 10223.

The building will probably be released in March 2012.

Is this a rough guess or information retrieved from a source?

Rough guess, but since the previous 2 got released in March so I guess this is right.

Pet Shop was released in May I believe?

In fact since 10230 Mini Modulars is to be released in January, I'd guess for a summer release, or maybe even September, like the Fire Brigade.

Edited by HighFlyer

Brickshop.nl has 10224 Town Hall listed as "expected delivery: 01/01/12" :thumbup:

"Price and delivery are unknown! Would you like to be kept informed of product? Leave your e-mail address on the button 'inform me'."

According to Google Translate. I was actually hoping for a product description of some sort...

How are there still no leaked images? Are Lego really that good at plugging leaks now? Although I guess it is nicer to see a new product in official high resolution, rather than just some grainy photo of a preliminary image in a catalogue.

Edited by David Thomsen

"Price and delivery are unknown! Would you like to be kept informed of product? Leave your e-mail address on the button 'inform me'."

According to Google Translate. I was actually hoping for a product description of some sort...

How are there still no leaked images? Are Lego really that good at plugging leaks now? Although I guess it is nicer to see a new product in official high resolution, rather than just some grainy photo of a preliminary image in a catalogue.

LEGO has been amazingly airtight concerning these big modular sets: Aside from very very few members here in EB, no one else saw Grand Emporium and Pet Shop until LEGO officially unveiled them to the public.

Brickshop.nl has 10224 Town Hall listed as "expected delivery: 01/01/12" :thumbup:

If you'd read the posts on the first page of this thread, you'd see that 01/01/12 has been the "expected delivery date" on that webpage since August - on all the exclusive sets for 2012. Which is, I think we can all agree, not going to happen. So it's quite likely that these guys don't have a release date yet. It's just a placeholder.

I cannot wait to see pictures of this Town Hall, although I've kind of been hoping Lego makes a butcher shop that would compliment my Green Grocer.

as long as they keep the modular series running I dont really care what building they release. A town hall would be a nice addition however.

If you'd read the posts on the first page of this thread, you'd see that 01/01/12 has been the "expected delivery date" on that webpage since August - on all the exclusive sets for 2012. Which is, I think we can all agree, not going to happen. So it's quite likely that these guys don't have a release date yet. It's just a placeholder.

You guys are brutal. Sorry for stirring up some excitement. I bow before you, all knowing ones.