Sign in to follow this  
skyliner

EBAY SCAM: UCS Millennium Falcon10179 - £186.99 NEW

If you have more money than sense there's always someone out there looking to equalise that.

If it sounds too good to be true it us.

Caveat Emptor.

etc

etc

Just report them right away.

ahhh.. report them for what?? ... as of yet they have not broken any rules?

ahhh.. report them for what?? ... as of yet they have not broken any rules?

You can report suspected fraudulent transactions even without bidding. I've now done so and await the ebay response.

Well i`ve flagged it up to ebay really hope these people get there money back!

Ebay need to get this kind of thing sorted! its not just with LEGO its on other high value items laptops tv ect#!

Both the Death Star for $212 and the Millennium Falcon for ~$300 is up again, listed by a Chinese seller. Ebay needs to do something, as I'm guessing it's not necessarily people in our community who are painfully aware of actual prices of these items who are buying them, but rather parents looking for their kids christmas presents and see great deals. Honestly though, it's kind of tricky to see how anyone would want to sell the MF for $300 when it would be flying off the shelves at $1000 unless they are scammers, but many people do not ever question the legitimacy of an ebay listing because in their minds ebay is a legitimate website.

I've certainly done my job in reporting it, hopefully lots of others do the same so that ebay gets to deal with this quickly.

51 millennium falcons and 30 deathstars sold

oh god people are retarded

he's also doing it with other items btw, not just lego

Edited by Sokratesz

51 millennium falcons and 30 deathstars sold

oh god people are retarded

he's also doing it with other items btw, not just lego

Been reporting this across all auctions that have been posted so far, reported this yesterday but so far eBay have taken no action on this auction, still if people are stupid enough to be taken in then more fool them

That, or he could buy them from himself with another account to give others the impression that they are selling in large numbers.

He claims to have hundreds of them (you can fill out 99 in the # field and it will accept it) so it's 100% a scam, I've reported it twice now (stupid comment field doesn't allow more than 100 characters to elaborate) so if it's not taken down fast, ebay sucks donkeyballs.

Edited by Sokratesz

why don't we open fake accounts then just buy all his stock so other people cannot buy them?

He probably has his stock set at 99999 or something, I tried to order as many as I could but ebay only allows 100-something at a time.

i have no idea if shuld star a new topic or where to place this, but please feel free to delete this post or move it

just found this on ebay, i cant figure out if i should hit the buy it now, or has this chinese seller mads somekind of mstake in his listing, or is he just trying to raise money fast and let ebay and paypal deal with vey unhappu buyers later on??

*scam link removed to save the foolish from themselves*

It's a scam.

Use some common sense.

Mods/Admins. Purge the topic from the forum, we don't want some gullible fool to buy it.

Edited by simonjedi

As Simon pointed out, it's a scam. I'm removing the link before someone makes a foolish mistake here.

For future reference, his most recent 25 feedback points add up to just over $1.00. Since feedback is supposed to give you a representation of how your seller performs, you now know that as long as your purchase averages under 4 cents, you're probably safe. :laugh:

Seriously, check feedback before buying anything. Don't just look at the totals, click the items, see what the seller usually sells. When it's scam crap designed to buy cheap feedback, you know you've got someone who is creating the appearance of respectability on very shaky ground.

If it's too good to be true, just send me the cash instead. At least it'll go to a nice guy. :wink:

I'll merge this with the similar thread in BSTF...

AHA! You made it disappear before I could merge it! :hmpf_bad:

Good job! :thumbup:

I contacted ebay yesterday by mail, and received a generic reply. They just don't care, megabluck 'em.

quoting this again because ebay sucks

Hey, with all the money they are making for taking a cut of shipping, shouldn't they hire some employees to handle this kind of thing :hmpf_bad:

Hey, with all the money they are making for taking a cut of shipping, shouldn't they hire some employees to handle this kind of thing :hmpf_bad:

Free shipping ;p

I'm amazed that Ebay haven't done anything about this yet. 163 Falcons & 110 Death Stars sold to date; I've also reported the seller, but a couple of days later they're still available! :look:

Also, I've just noticed it looks like another UK account may have been hacked (like a couple of days ago)....two very 'cheap' Falcons available, but the advert wants payment via a direct Paypal invoice! It's got to be a total scam (again); it will be interesting to see if everyone caught up in this will get a refund, time will tell I guess.

Sign in to follow this