I'm newbie in this forum, so hello to all!

I decided to share this MOC with you, since it's my first one. It is just a simple RC vehicle that I build around 4 PF m-motors. My target was to create something fun to play (with my very limited skills) and this one perfoms surprisingly well! It has no gears at all so theres no friction at all. Driving is fun cause it feels very sensitive and immediate (if this is the right word).

I used parts from 8043, 8297 and 8066. Wheels are the same as in 8868.

Here is pictures:

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

RC3.jpg

RC4.jpg

RC5.jpg

RC6.jpg

And here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvAuleeHXc

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the result. It is easy one but it's mine. :cry_happy: That been said, I have seen lots of amazing MOC's that some of you in this forum and others have create, and those are something I could never be able to do. Lots of respect to all who have skills and passion! :thumbup:

Thanks for reading. :classic:

I love it. Looks like a little robot, roaming your house! default_satisfied.gif

Cornering performance for the win.. :thumbup: Nice vehicle for sure. Worth trying to build something similar due to it's simplicity. A question: are the four motors controlled independently or are they linked in some way (running in pairs from the same channel on the IR-receiver)?

@ Finntech: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I'm wondering, is the rollcage armor on your MOC is for some upcoming "Battlebot" competition? It looks like it could survive multiple impacts well. The big, foam wheels are lightweight and allow your MOC to travel far for each motor revolution. Have you tried it outdoors?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvAuleeHXc

Those wheels must be perfect for skid-steering as they are reasonable big and don't have that good grip. Perhaps you can modify the base and build a bobcat (-ish) loader? And then you need to start practicing running the MOC :)

Edited by Aqualize

Haha, that's a cool vide above! :grin: Yes these wheels are good for skid steer, but actually grip is quite good when driving straight. Maybe because it is "4 wheel drive". Bobcat would be great, maybe I will try it!

@ IIIuwatar: the motors are running in pairs, left and right sides separately. So I drive them with one receiver and one controller.

@ DLuders: haven't think battlebot competitions, but it really looks little bit like a robot. I haven't try it outdoors but it goes very easily over obstacles thanks to its good torque. I can also drive it against a wall without any problems, so it can take some impacts too. :wink:

Thanks for the compliments to all, that's kind! :sweet:

Edited by Finntech

Those wheels must be perfect for skid-steering as they are reasonable big and don't have that good grip. Perhaps you can modify the base and build a bobcat (-ish) loader? And then you need to start practicing running the MOC :)

That's exactly the idea I got, but in a mini edition:

-ED-

Had to build something similar to test the idea - so here is my spin on this:

6158608519_69cc2a5d75_z.jpg

6159148338_b0700aa470_z.jpg

Runs like a charm but rather tricky to steer at speed (specially if the "analog" transmitter is used - easier with the digital ones, same as in the 8043 set). Works best on hard floors, not so good at carpets.

Had to build something similar to test the idea - so here is my spin on this:

Runs like a charm but rather tricky to steer at speed (specially if the "analog" transmitter is used - easier with the digital ones, same as in the 8043 set). Works best on hard floors, not so good at carpets.

Very nice!! Love your color scheme!

I would love to see your model with the new Unimog wheels default_blush.gif

Any chance you can make so more pictures (top, bottom, etc)?

Edited by Gekke Ted

Sure - here they are:

6159148598_ba729728c8_z.jpg

6159149050_76e4742740_z.jpg

I don't have the 8110 yet, so I can't test the wheels. These old wheels do have the advantage in this design due to their properties: they do have enough grip to propel the vehicle but still enough slipperyness to make the skid steering work at high speeds. No problems to do 360's at high speed (if you can manage the controls...).

Sure - here they are:

I don't have the 8110 yet, so I can't test the wheels. These old wheels do have the advantage in this design due to their properties: they do have enough grip to propel the vehicle but still enough slipperyness to make the skid steering work at high speeds. No problems to do 360's at high speed (if you can manage the controls...).

Nice, thanks! I am a huge fan of yellow, combined with Dark Bluish Gray, so hit the scheme spot on. And the model does have some cuteness default_satisfied.gif

Maybe I will do a tracked version of this model.

(sorry for being overly enthousiastic about this model in someone else's topic)

Edited by Gekke Ted

Nice, thanks! I am a huge fan of yellow, combined with Dark Bluish Gray, so hit the scheme spot on. And the model does have some cuteness default_satisfied.gif

Maybe I will do a tracked version of this model.

(sorry for being overly enthousiastic about this model in someone else's topic)

The design is just imaginary, maybe inspired by mining vehicles. Parts mainly from the 8043 (those yellow pieces have been in the box, unused for a while). If you go for tracks, then you should use two motors instead of four.

The design is just imaginary, maybe inspired by mining vehicles. Parts mainly from the 8043 (those yellow pieces have been in the box, unused for a while). If you go for tracks, then you should use two motors instead of four.

I must admit, that your vehicle looks much cooler than mine! Nice work. It is fun to play isn't it? :)

i find the steering to be surpisenly easy but it was matter of some practise of course. Those wheels are perfect for this kind of vehicle since they are lightweight.

Mine is already in parts, but now i liked to rebuild it with new design.:)