Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

*Snip'ed*

"It was one of the oddest predicaments I've been in..."

"Strange stuff...and for a paladin? I really can't believe it, honestly."

"Yes... I told you about the quest we took to rescue the children in the academy, didn't I? Some of the people there seemed completely mad as well. And that's just the most recent example of strangeness I've seen. Those Crimson Crown people are bonkers too... Hard to believe, indeed... Tell me, were these strange paladins from around Eubric? It's almost as if some of these people have been put under a spell, or drugged, or something, to make 'em mad, for some reason. But... that'd take a lot of resources, to influence the minds of so many people."

"As far as your Aquamarine is concerned, I'll take it. Would 80 gold suffice?"

"Eh? I didn't mean it was for sale, just that Mr Rone seems like a nice guy. I don't know him too well, and he just gives me a fancy gem like this. But... if you're after one, I'll part with it. 80 gold sounds fine."

"Pardon my manners. "So Mr. Rone gave it to you, did he? I wonder what else he could give away. I have to say that helmet of his is worth a look or two." I chuckle. "Here, take 80. My gold count is good these days, but I can't find good enough equipment to spend it on. ...Wait, I didn't actually say that, you know."

"Between you and me, I think this city is just to corrupt. I don't know if it's gotten this way overnight, it was, more likely, a gradual change. A mass spell would take an insanely powerful...I doubt even the most powerful of magicians could pull it off. No, it must be something else. The paladins...I can't say where they were from, but I do believe they were from Eubric here. As far as the Crimson Crown go, from what the last ones I met said, they are attempting to destroy magic from the earth or something like that. Not the worst of ideals, it has to be said. The world may be better off without the arcane arts, I should know. However, they are still strange. They insisted that the cardinal--what was her name again?--was not trying to kill us...it was all very confusing. Anyway, their goals were in-line with ours, so, though I didn't want to, we almost had to join up with them. Bah!"

Annienal, finished writing, looks around the hall, looking to avoid trouble.

14843699811_451e800a49_t.jpg

"Um, miss barkeep? Is it possible I could have a drink? Of water, please? Oh, and um, maybe some pumpernickel bread? And some dip, too, if that's... not too much to ask..."

Annienal takes her food and begins to sip away at her glass of water before polishing her new sword. It deserved a name, but none were coming to her.

14843699811_451e800a49_t.jpg

"Um, miss barkeep? Is it possible I could have a drink? Of water, please? Oh, and um, maybe some pumpernickel bread? And some dip, too, if that's... not too much to ask..."

"You do realize that she has no idea what kind of dip you want don't you?"

He extended his hand to the shy elf.

"My name's Throlar Wineghilm, I hope you don't think this too presumptuous of me."

Actaeon enters the hall, proud to have successfully lead his first quest, but still troubled by many of the events that transpired.

He notices the signup available for Quest #112. Looks like I'll need to get a crew. Maybe Kiray and a few stragglers who don't have a party yet. He sighs, it will be good to keep my mind off things.

Seeing the current parties signed up, he approaches a dwarf and an elf conversing (barely).

"Hello, I'm Actaeon," he says, extending his hand first to the elf, then to the dwarf, "What are your names?"

Kitty enters the hall, a smile on her face. She had just completed her second quest with success and now ready for even more. She saw a new quest on the board and saw the requirements. She looked around and saw Actaeon, a rogue from her recent quest was there. She walked up and said "Good seeing you Actaeon. Did you see the new quest up?"

Kitty enters the hall, a smile on her face. She had just completed her second quest with success and now ready for even more. She saw a new quest on the board and saw the requirements. She looked around and saw Actaeon, a rogue from her recent quest was there. She walked up and said "Good seeing you Actaeon. Did you see the new quest up?"

Actaeon turns to Kiray and smiles upon seeing her, "Good seeing you too! And yeah, I just noticed it. I'm looking to get a party ready for it, actually, would you be interested?" he asks.

Edited by Actaeon

"Of course," Kiray responds. "Have you approached others?"

"Of course," Kiray responds. "Have you approached others?"

He nods to the dwarf and elf in front of them, "Now that you've brought it up," Actaeon says as he turns to Throlar and Annie, "I was just about to ask these two. Would you be interesting and joining my party?"

He nods to the dwarf and elf in front of them, "Now that you've brought it up," Actaeon says as he turns to Throlar and Annie, "I was just about to ask these two. Would you be interesting and joining my party?"

"Yes, please join us," Kiray said. She stuck a hand out, "Kiray."

"Oh, did I say something wrong? I'm sorry if I did."

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpg

"...hi. Um, my name is Annienal..."

Feeling put on the spot by three different people, Annienal makes a high pitched whimper as everyone seems to descend upon her.

"Oh, me? I'm not really that interesting, to be honest... Just... timid... really timid...

Well, I mean I-I could go, but you've got three knights if me and the, um... the dwarf go. What good are three knights going to do with a ranger?"

"...hi. Um, my name is Annienal..."

Nice to meet you Annienal."

"I was just about to ask these two. Would you be interesting and joining my party?"

"Definitely but.."

"Oh, me? I'm not really that interesting, to be honest... Just... timid... really timid...

Well, I mean I-I could go, but you've got three knights if me and the, um... the dwarf go. What good are three knights going to do with a ranger?"

"...I agree with her, and please miss," he was speaking to Annienal, "Don't act like that, we aren't trying to kill you or hurt you or anything like that, really, just sit back for a minute."

"Yes, please join us," Kiray said. She stuck a hand out, "Kiray."

"Throlar Wineghilm, nice to meet you." said Throlar, taking her hand in his and shaking it in a a restrained manner.

Warlen and Quarion sauntered into the hall.

Warlen put up a notice:

FOR SALE:

SANCTIFIED RITO LONGSWORD, WP:4, HITS DOUBLED AGAINST FLYING ENEMYS.

PRICE: ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED, HIGHER THE PRICE THE MORE LIKELY TO SELL.

ASK FOR WARLEN.

He decided to wait and see if anyone he knew was signing up in the quest, then noticed not one, but two people he knew.

Walking over to Actaeton and Kiray,

he said hello, then introduced himself.

"Act! Three-Hay!" he said enthusiastically.

Then he turned to the pair beside him.

"Warlen Melimane, Half elf, 23."

"Quarion, Ex-Human, now flying, flaming skull, and 28 years of age."

Warlen turned to Actaeton.

"Are you signing up for the quest, Act?"

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

"Warlen Melimane, Half elf, 23."

"Quarion, Ex-Human, now flying, flaming skull, and 28 years of age."

Warlen turned to Actaeton.

"Are you signing up for the quest, Act?"

"He is," said Throlar answering for him, "If he can fill out the required number." He then extended his hand, "Throlar Wineghilm, at your service, I just hope you don't set fire to anything Mr. Quarion."

Kiray looks to see her former party member come in and gave a wave to Warlen and the floating skull. At least she thought the humanoid was Warlen. She still was confused by them.

Dang that typo.

"Ah, I misspoke there. I meant to ask if you would be interested in joining. Either way, you do make a valid point. Three knights and a ranger aren't very balanced. I'll have to hope some other heroes wander in," he says looking around the room for other heroes. To Warlen he says, "I'll think about adding you to the crew," with a smile. It's clear though, that Actaeon still needs some time to think about the previous quest before adding Warlen to the party.

After a long walk from the Ji Pei palace, Thalion walks into the Hall. Glancing at the quest board, he spots that parties have already been formed for #112 so he goes to the quiet part of the Hall to reflect on the recent events and sits, filling up a glass with his home, elven wine.

"Ah, I misspoke there. I meant to ask if you would be interested in joining. Either way, you do make a valid point. Three knights and a ranger aren't very balanced. I'll have to hope some other heroes wander in," he says looking around the room for other heroes. To Warlen he says, "I'll think about adding you to the crew," with a smile. It's clear though, that Actaeon still needs some time to think about the previous quest before adding Warlen to the party.

"Well, I wouldn't mind going, if you'd take me, it's just... pirates are... scary...

Well, I mean, I do have military training, and all, so maybe I'd be of assistance, that and if we're dealing with elves in R'klif, I, um... may be more helpful than the dwarf."

Warlen and Quarion sauntered into the hall.

Warlen put up a notice:

FOR SALE:

SANCTIFIED RITO LONGSWORD, WP:4, HITS DOUBLED AGAINST FLYING ENEMYS.

PRICE: ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED, HIGHER THE PRICE THE MORE LIKELY TO SELL.

ASK FOR WARLEN.

"Hi, Throlar." said Warlen.

Quarion chuckled.

"Don't worry, it's spirit fire. Can't burn real stuff by accident more than long exposure to the sun would. See the scar on Warlen's cheek? That was me doing full flame damage to him, trying real hard."

Warlen just then noticed the Cute but Quiet elf sitting at the bar.

He told Act he would like to come, but was easy either way, and said "And what's your name, miss?"

"Um, my name's, um, Annienal Anavir." She shifted awkwardly in her chair.

"Oh, um, that's a rather nice sword you have there! Most likely helpful against flying enemies, what with the shape of the blade, and all. Would you be willing to part with it for forty gold? If... that's okay with you?" For once, Annie seemed a little determined and less shy.

"Well, I wouldn't mind going, if you'd take me, it's just... pirates are... scary...

Well, I mean, I do have military training, and all, so maybe I'd be of assistance, that and if we're dealing with elves in R'klif, I, um... may be more helpful than the dwarf."

"I have been in R'kilf recently and have met this pirate in person, It kind of evens out really." Throlar's voice had suddenly dropped and had taken on a distinctly frosty tone. "And R'kilf happens to be very personal to me because of it... I made a lot of mistakes the first time around and I feel as if I need to make up for it somehow."

His voice reverting to it's former tones he said, "But let's not talk about that, how about a drink eh? This wine is excellent!"

"Hi, Annienal. Or would you rather I called you Miss Anavir?" said Warlen, opting to not give timid elf a nickname for fear of creeping her out.

"Hmmm... Look, I was more in the 50 gold region for it, but how about you pay me your 40 now, and the other 10 later. That ok with you?"

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

"Hi, Annienal. Or would you rather I called you Miss Anavir?" said Warlen, opting to not give timid elf a nickname for fear of creeping her out.

"Hmmm... Look, I was more in the 50 gold region for it, but how about you pay me your 40 now, and the other 10 later. That ok with you?"

"Um, I don't mind Miss Anavir, but Annie's less formal. Um, are you a half elf, by any chance?

Well, I guess I could do fifty now. I do have the money." She replies softly. She fidgets with her pouch, counting ten more gold and putting it in her palm.

"I have been in R'kilf recently and have met this pirate in person, It kind of evens out really." Throlar's voice had suddenly dropped and had taken on a distinctly frosty tone. "And R'kilf happens to be very personal to me because of it... I made a lot of mistakes the first time around and I feel as if I need to make up for it somehow."

His voice reverting to it's former tones he said, "But let's not talk about that, how about a drink eh? This wine is excellent!"

"I'm not really one for alcohol. It, um, dulls the senses. And stuff." Annie stuffs a piece of bread into her mouth, the dip smearing on her cheek. She hastily wipes it off with a napkin, feeling pressured.

Seeing a new elf (Annienal) in the Hall, Thalion goes from the dark corner he was sitting in to introduce himself. He lowers his hood so that his features become visible, then approaches and bows with a smile, "Greetings! I am Thalion Dwinlas of Murkwood realm. Whom do I have a pleasure of addressing?"