Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

23 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

26993221499_5eb05ca1d6_t.jpg
"Understandable."

"How so?"

25 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

26993221889_bb6bd62957_t.jpg
"Tell me stranger, are ye one of the 'veterans' of this hall?"

"No and yes," he says, taking a drink, and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand,"Would you like to be one?"

Kiray watches the figures with a close, but she kept herself back, not wanting to intrude. They didn't seem unsavory--from what she could tell so far--but she still kept cautious. She wasn't expecting trouble, but who knew these days.

27 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"How so?"

"No and yes," he says, taking a drink, and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand,"Would you like to be one?"

"You're curiosity, as you've explained."

The large man takes another drink from his tankard.

"Be one? Tell me how does that exactly work? Is it by skill, or experience, or influence, or perhaps money?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You're curiosity, as you've explained."

"Ah, well ,yes, mayhaps you can help me out with that.  Tell me stranger, who are you and what is your business here," Hoke asks as he sets his tankard down on the table, but not letting go of it.

"Be one? Tell me how does that exactly work? Is it by skill, or experience, or influence, or perhaps money?"

(Hoke responds to this one first)

"None of the above," he says with a chuckle,"Everyone who passed through those doors was no one when they walked in for the first time.  There are 'jobs' posted on that board.  We sign up for them and are chosen by the job posters.  It's there gain skill, experience, influence, and money, just like any other tradesman."

"My word! With all the trouble going on. It's amazing that no one has called on us yet. The oracle gone missing? Jun Ji Pei, King of Eubric, arrested? That is astonishing!"

16 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"None of the above," he says with a chuckle,"Everyone who passed through those doors was no one when they walked in for the first time.  There are 'jobs' posted on that board.  We sign up for them and are chosen by the job posters.  It's there gain skill, experience, influence, and money, just like any other tradesman."

"That still doesn't explain ta me, how one becomes one of these 'veterans', or if ye yerself are one."

16 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Ah, well ,yes, mayhaps you can help me out with that.  Tell me stranger, who are you and what is your business here," Hoke asks as he sets his tankard down on the table, but not letting go of it.

"I am Wanderberg, and we are here for many things, but first to observe and to discern."

On 11/27/2017 at 4:03 PM, samurai-turtle said:

As Germ returns back to the "Hall". He seemed more cocky than usual. But the first thing he was checked flyer he put up earlier. And took the old one down and put up a new one. 

I got something I be willing to part with if the price is right. 

Winged Sandals (Protects from Bound- and Slowed-effects; footwear) 40 Gold 

Red Shield (SP:8) 40 Gold 

Simple Halberd (WP:10) 50 Gold 

Black Knight's Armor (SP:4; immune to stunning; suitable to Black Knights only; bodywear) 100 Gold 

Unholy Armor (SP:5; immunity to Light and Darkness; suitable to paladins and dark knights; bodywear) 250 Gold 

Unicorn Horn (WP:8, healing becomes nurturing, removing negative effects as well; staff) 50 Gold 

Shadow Cloak (SP: 1; backwear) ??? Gold 

As Germ seems to be coming and going. He eventually goes to the "flyer" he put up earlier and scratch off a lot of items. Before putting it back up. 

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"That still doesn't explain ta me, how one becomes one of these 'veterans', or if ye yerself are one."

"If you mean the semi-mythological Veterans like the Doomsayer and the Walking Mountain....no," Hoke says, looking the dwarf in the eye,"But a veteran who has journeyed far and wide under the banner of this Hall, yes."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I am Wanderberg, and we are here for many things, but first to observe and to discern."

"Indeed," Hoke says, relaxing a bit and taking another drink from his tankard.

Edited by UsernameMDM

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"If you mean the semi-mythological Veterans like the Doomsayer and the Walking Mountain....no," Hoke says, looking the dwarf in the eye,"But a veteran who has journeyed far and wide under the banner of this Hall, yes."

"Nay, I meant those in charge of the Hall!" The dwarf seems agitated.

"Calm yourself Untergang." The mountain of a man, speaks plainly to Hoke. "You have now heard our names, perhaps you would share yours and your thoughts of this Hall and it's current affairs?"

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Nay, I meant those in charge of the Hall!" The dwarf seems agitated.

"Calm yourself Untergang." The mountain of a man, speaks plainly to Hoke. "You have now heard our names, perhaps you would share yours and your thoughts of this Hall and it's current affairs?"

"It's a true honor to meet you two sirs. I am Hoke Ablesword, former Dragoon and current Paragon in service of Heroica Hall.  As far as the Hall, it's not what it used to be. This is it now: empty, quiet, and a lifeless husk if its former self. Heroicans have left for other ventures as job postings dried up. There are no quests, so the questors have almost all gone."

Overhearing the pair speaking with Hoke, I call over from another table.

"I have not seen any of the veterans around the hall for some time. Perhaps if you would go to the Training Room you may find the Copper Fox. I have never failed to meet him there. As far as becoming veterans yourself is concerned, I think you would need to have successfully participate in many quests and shown yourself loyal to Heroica."

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

"It's a true honor to meet you two sirs. I am Hoke Ablesword, former Dragoon and current Paragon in service of Heroica Hall.  As far as the Hall, it's not what it used to be. This is it now: empty, quiet, and a lifeless husk if its former self. Heroicans have left for other ventures as job postings dried up. There are no quests, so the questors have almost all gone."

"The events of the city seem to taint all that they touch, even this hallowed hall. It grieves me that those who lead your group should see it fall into such disgrace."

41 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Overhearing the pair speaking with Hoke, I call over from another table.

"I have not seen any of the veterans around the hall for some time. Perhaps if you would go to the Training Room you may find the Copper Fox. I have never failed to meet him there. As far as becoming veterans yourself is concerned, I think you would need to have successfully participate in many quests and shown yourself loyal to Heroica."

"Aye, so loyalty is the deciding factor is it? But loyalty to what or whom, I wonder. Tell me, how do these veterans of yours ensure they are not swayed by the factions of this city?"

46 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Aye, so loyalty is the deciding factor is it? But loyalty to what or whom, I wonder. Tell me, how do these veterans of yours ensure they are not swayed by the factions of this city?"

Kiray decided to jump in at this comment with, "Loyalty to Heroica's values. I'm not sure if they're stated anywhere. Maybe there's a sign on the door, or in a codex we can read. But from what I've seen, no matter the background of a Hero, and with all of our own differences, we value a few things collectively. Getting the job done. Helping those who ask, whether they deserve our help or not. Sure, we're mercenaries with a heart at the core, but there's not many people who would do what we do. Finally, the most important value, loyalty to each other. There's occaisionally infighting, but we come together and work well. I think."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The events of the city seem to taint all that they touch, even this hallowed hall. It grieves me that those who lead your group should see it fall into such disgrace."

"To be honest, I do not believe I have ever seen the Veterans around here, so I do not know who 'leads' Heroica Hall."

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kiray decided to jump in at this comment with, "Loyalty to Heroica's values. I'm not sure if they're stated anywhere. Maybe there's a sign on the door, or in a codex we can read. But from what I've seen, no matter the background of a Hero, and with all of our own differences, we value a few things collectively. Getting the job done. Helping those who ask, whether they deserve our help or not. Sure, we're mercenaries with a heart at the core, but there's not many people who would do what we do. Finally, the most important value, loyalty to each other. There's occaisionally infighting, but we come together and work well. I think."

"And yet I hear tell of these factions within the city, this 'Crescent Union' and 'Sungold Alliance', they do more to tear ones apart than unite."

3 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"To be honest, I do not believe I have ever seen the Veterans around here, so I do not know who 'leads' Heroica Hall."

"Then things are worse than I imagined, perhaps my friend and I will seek out this Copper Fox and discern more what is in store for this hall."

On 12/1/2017 at 4:55 PM, Kintobor said:

Karie placed a hand onto the bed, next to Sorrow.

"No. No you weren't. There's no reason to beat yourself up for taking your own path." Karie replied. "I'm just... shocked. You always said your health was deteriorating, but... I guess I just never really anticipated it."

"I... Neither did I. I was always resting up, trying to get well enough to quest once more, but..."

I break down coughing. A few deep breaths, I regain a smidge of composure, but my voice is even quieter, even raspier. I wasn't even looking at you anymore, it was like I was looking past you.

"I could never go back to it. There's a lot of things I wasn't able to do. Write more memoirs. Maybe help solve the issues in Eubric. Study magic. I, I, wanted to be a grandfather for Rachelle too, but I... Well Maxwell is better suited for that."

On 12/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, The Legonater said:

I suppose now you never will. 

With a somber expression, Rone turned back to watch Hoke. How many other Heroes were simply going to fade out of memory? Would anyone remember Cronk, or Skrall, or Guts? How would Arthur be remembered? How would Dyric? The idea was haunting.

Dyric only prayed that he could do something to preserve their names. To preserve Heroica for what it was.

Until then, all they had was the memory of the living. It was time to visit Sorrow.

The front door to 36 Repose way was open a crack. A voice was audible from inside.

Edited by Endgame

"And yet I hear tell of these factions within the city, this 'Crescent Union' and 'Sungold Alliance', they do more to tear ones apart than unite."

"Then things are worse than I imagined, perhaps my friend and I will seek out this Copper Fox and discern more what is in store for this hall."

Oh, for peat sakes! Could be heard halfway across the "Hall", as Germ got up to move closer to the group. Can't you tell no one is in charge here. The best you are going to find is probably the "Bar Maid". As he pointed at Scheherazade. (Not sure why anyone would want to run "Heroica"?) Besides their was a Library around here, I am sure you could find answers there if it is still open. 

What do you expect with political groups. They want things messed up. So you can't tell what they are truly up to, and it is usually up to no good stuff. 

If you can fine him or is it a she. (Come to think about no one else could figure out if The Fay One was a male or female. I only seen him / her once or was it twice. Where was I at? Oh, yeah.) He / she was their from the beginning of "Heroica". Like I said the biggest problem is finding her / him. She / he lives in another dimension and what I heard time runs oddly in this place. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Oh, for peat sakes! Could be heard halfway across the "Hall", as Germ got up to move closer to the group. Can't you tell no one is in charge here. The best you are going to find is probably the "Bar Maid". As he pointed at Scheherazade. (Not sure why anyone would want to run "Heroica"?) Besides their was a Library around here, I am sure you could find answers there if it is still open. 

What do you expect with political groups. They want things messed up. So you can't tell what they are truly up to, and it is usually up to no good stuff. 

"And members of this hall have aligned themselves with this, corruption?"

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

If you can fine him or is it a she. (Come to think about no one else could figure out if The Fay One was a male or female. I only seen him / her once or was it twice. Where was I at? Oh, yeah.) He / she was their from the beginning of "Heroica". Like I said the biggest problem is finding her / him. She / he lives in another dimension and what I heard time runs oddly in this place. 

"You know the Fey One? Is she aware of what has happened to this hall? It's members? It's leaders? It's legacy?"

"And members of this hall have aligned themselves with this, corruption?"

"You know the Fey One? Is she aware of what has happened to this hall? It's members? It's leaders? It's legacy?"

It took Herm a second to think of an answer no matter how poorly it was given. This corruption you speak of is more like greed and pride. I believe it was a two Guilds the houses tried to start. All they seemed to do was elect a king and that hasn't seemed to pan out. As for alignment with the "Heros" I think it was mostly for show. I know I didn't care what side I was on, one side seemed to care more than the other so I joined the one that I more influence with. At this point Germ showed them his Crescent Seal. (What did they call themselves again?) Crescent Union, I think the other group had something to do with the "sun". One group wanted the sun the other wanted the moon. (A bunch of dumbness if you ask me.) 

No, the best is we just looked at each other once. I don't think I said one word to "it". You see, I was out in some "dark" woods out in Dastan. Now I went out their to retrieve some dragoons with some other "Heros". To keep the story short I separated from the others "Heros". Well I guess The Fay One transported the others to this other dimension. Now I am not to sure how much time they spent in this place but when they came out six weeks passed in this dimension. So, no, I don't think The Fay One know what is going on here ...

10 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kiray decided to jump in at this comment with

That is when Germ first noticed Kiray and then pointed at her. If you want to know more about The Fay One, ask Kiray here she was their during the whole mess. 

I am going to ask, what is your interest in this place? Are you going to buy it or something. Or make a similar group like this some where else? ...

9 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

As Hoke listen on...

Hey Hoke, wasn't their a group in that fishing village we were at, that was some odd clone of this place? 

Finally I can see the pictures. Seems like my internet connection takes exception to your picture hosting site.

I scrutinize the pair more closely, and as if my eyes are suddenly opened.

"Good grief! Are you...? Is it possible...?" I stagger back in wonder. "As if from the dead!"

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

It took Herm a second to think of an answer no matter how poorly it was given. This corruption you speak of is more like greed and pride. I believe it was a two Guilds the houses tried to start. All they seemed to do was elect a king and that hasn't seemed to pan out. As for alignment with the "Heros" I think it was mostly for show. I know I didn't care what side I was on, one side seemed to care more than the other so I joined the one that I more influence with. At this point Germ showed them his Crescent Seal. (What did they call themselves again?) Crescent Union, I think the other group had something to do with the "sun". One group wanted the sun the other wanted the moon. (A bunch of dumbness if you ask me.) 

The larger man's expression turns sad as Germ explains the division between the Crescent Union and the Sungold Alliance.
"So... it is as I feared."

I am going to ask, what is your interest in this place? Are you going to buy it or something. Or make a similar group like this some where else? 

"Buy it? Duplicate it? No, we have come to determine its fate."

21 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Finally I can see the pictures. Seems like my internet connection takes exception to your picture hosting site.

I scrutinize the pair more closely, and as if my eyes are suddenly opened.

"Good grief! Are you...? Is it possible...?" I stagger back in wonder. "As if from the dead!"

37882213505_38378f6f79_t.jpg
"Now, now little one. There will be much to discuss later. If things are as bad as they sound. Much... to discuss."

37882213835_e6563e17b0_t.jpg
"Come Wanderberg, let us go speak with Mr. Altraite."

The two men, make to leave for the Training Room.

Hey Hoke, wasn't their a group in that fishing village we were at, that was some odd clone of this place? 

"Yes!  There was.  I wish we would have pursued them.  Madame Mihm's I believe was the place."

3 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Yes!  There was.  I wish we would have pursued them.  Madame Mihm's I believe was the place."

I don't know how that would of been possible. The  building got destroyed when they escaped. What did they do teleported the building away? It seems a little bit of an overkill (if you ask me). Burning the place down would of been easier. 

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Come Wanderberg, let us go speak with Mr. Altraite."

The two men, make to leave for the Training Room.

"I will show you there, if you wish..." I offer humbly.

9 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"I will show you there, if you wish..." I offer humbly.

37882213835_e6563e17b0_t.jpg
"Nay, my good man, this is one of those conversations that'll be better to have in private."