Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Windus finishes his ale. "When shall we set out on this quest? I grow impatient, listening to all of your conversations."

Windus finishes his ale. "When shall we set out on this quest? I grow impatient, listening to all of your conversations."

"Got two more days, but time is weeiiiird in this hall. Two days outside this building, might be two hours in here, or months..."

The black knight chuckled. "Take a breath, doctor. I've been here five weeks since my last quest.

Good conversation is rare, and should be enjoyed. When you're out on the quest, it's nothing but long musings on the morality of your actions. Here, you have a chance for actual conversation."

OoC: Two more days till the listed cut-off date, with the chance of it being stretched out a bit more if the QM decides.

"Got two more days, but time is weeiiiird in this hall. Two days outside this building, might be two hours in here, or months..."

"And outside it as well. My first quest was on a one-night quest that lasted months..." Edited by Lind Whisperer

Johon returns to the hall and walks towards Lind. He notices Karie and awkwardly sits at the table. "I think I'm ready to trade," He says to Lind.

"Hey, I'm Terry. You?"

Johon returns to the hall and walks towards Lind. He notices Karie and awkwardly sits at the table. "I think I'm ready to trade," He says to Lind.

"Right, then."

Lind loans Johon his Anniversary Medal (+4 Health, +4 Power, +4 SP, +4 Ether, Immune to Fire; accessory, suitable for anyone) and gives him his Tweetybird (Flying 1) and his Mud Frog (Rock 2) , in exchange for Johon loaning him his Gladius (WP: 16, darkness-elemental greatsword, 1/3 chance of causing Fragile on successful hits).

Lind carefully tucked the sword at his side, and looped his Mugger's Mask around his neck.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Karie's mocking tone drops as she notices Johon approach. She glances him over before standing up. "Excuse me, I prefer not to sit near such slime." Karie makes her way to the other side of the hall, grabbing her things with her, grimacing as she does so.

"Does no one get along in here...?" Terry mutters.

"Does no one get along in here...?" Terry mutters.

"Actually, this is considered a pleasant evening."

Karie's mocking tone drops as she notices Johon approach. She glances him over before standing up. "Excuse me, I prefer not to sit near such slime." Karie makes her way to the other side of the hall, grabbing her things with her, grimacing as she does so.

Lind followed and sat down a couple of seats away. "Just out of curiosity, why's he slime? Not saying he is, or he isn't, just curious why..."

Lind followed and sat down a couple of seats away. "Just out of curiosity, why's he slime? Not saying he is, or he isn't, just curious why..."

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Karie states.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Karie states.

"Because I want to hear both sides of the issue." He held up a hand, before Karie could counter. "Back on Moone, I was following a contract, and whatever government Faust had set up, it was better than the slaughter that Vorpalis was engaged in. Faust wasn't right...but neither was Vorpalis, and we were all contracted to Faust.

Here, there's no contract, I'm just honestly curious about who I have entered into a mutual loan-type deal with."

Windus's jaw gapes in horror. "What? You mean it could be any amount of time?"

Windus's jaw gapes in horror. "What? You mean it could be any amount of time?"

"That's the sum of it," the black knight called across the room.

"We might be sitting here for a few more weeks yet."

Windus' eyes start watering. "You mean i could be here for the rest of my life? And never live to the day when i will return to my wife?"

Windus' eyes start watering. "You mean i could be here for the rest of my life? And never live to the day when i will return to my wife?"

"Aw, don't start crying," the black knight said comfortingly. "We'll get going eventually. And you'll get back to your wife.

Heck, if you want to get in contact with her now, though, you might try sending her a Z-Mail."

The black knight frowned as he thought of the blank Mail that was currently in his pocket.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Right, then, I've got a map of Olegia here, so you can just point out where Gladoria is, and refresh any memory lapses on my part...?"

"Oh...umm...I'm not really sure. I mean, there are hills and forests and rockies too...lots of ogres too, until I killed them. If there's someplace like that somewhere, then it must be it. I mean I've seen maps of my country, but never such a large one as this."

Pretzel looks up awkwardly as Johon walks in, but just shuffles his feet a little and does nothing. The Raider was obviously busy.

Edited by Palathadric

Ezeran sits back in an armchair listening to the conversations over at the bigger tables, he is enjoying some mulled wine and he keeps feeding lumps of sausage to the symbiont who breaks the silence around their private table with a burp now and then. Beside the mage sits a plastered Torald burping along with the symbiont. There doesn't seem to be a need for excessive talk at this small table at the moment.

The doors to the Hall slammed open and Jinnipher entered with her usual long and purposeful strides. She glanced at the quest board, and apparently uninterested, made her way to the bar. She ordered a mead, chugged it, and ordered another. As she sipped she looked around the saloon, her dark brown eyes finally settling on a boy in knight's armor. "They just keep getting younger and younger, don't they?" She shook her head at Scheherzade.

"Smeg, she's back..."

"That's mean... She may have fibbed, but she's not a bad person."

"Because I want to hear both sides of the issue." He held up a hand, before Karie could counter. "Back on Moone, I was following a contract, and whatever government Faust had set up, it was better than the slaughter that Vorpalis was engaged in. Faust wasn't right...but neither was Vorpalis, and we were all contracted to Faust.

Here, there's no contract, I'm just honestly curious about who I have entered into a mutual loan-type deal with."

"Well, I don't particularly like you, Lind, and I'm not obligated to tell you neither. You said it yourself. There's no contract, therefore, I also don't have to tell you squat. Go away or I'll get Skrall to sit you in the corner."

"That's mean... She may have fibbed, but she's not a bad person."

"Fibbed?

She may not be bad, but she can be annoying. And trying to argue with her..."

"Well, I don't particularly like you, Lind, and I'm not obligated to tell you neither. You said it yourself. There's no contract, therefore, I also don't have to tell you squat. Go away or I'll get Skrall to sit you in the corner."

"...Sure..." The black knight trudged back to the table and slumped down on the bench.

"I'm starting to share your sentiments about the quest, doctor."

He reached into his Bag of Holding, and pulled out a pen and paper.

"While we wait, some planning..."

1. Lind Whisperer, Level 22 Black Knight (Lind Whisperer)
  2. Dr. Windus, Level 1 Cleric (Windusky)
  3. Petaldan Parfenius, Level 1 Knight (Palathadric)
  4. Thalion Dwinlas, Level 32 3/4 Mystic Knight (-obelix-)
  5. Johon, Level 33 2/4 Raider (Bricksandparts)
  6. Torald Waruel, Level 4 Barbarian (Alfadas)
  7. Ezeran Yavarr, Level 5 Mage (MysticModulus)

"So, Terry - are you going to sign up for the quest, or not? That date is getting fairly close. And could anyone loan me 29 gold, if I'm chosen, and I can't rummage up any sales?"

Chosen participants for Quest#142: Day of the Triffid:

~
Dr. Windus
, Level 1 Cleric (Windusky)

~
Petaldan Parfenius
, Level 1 Knight (Palathadric)

~
Torald Waruelf
, Level 4 Barbarian (Alfadas)

~
Ezeran Yanarr
, Level 5 Mage (MysticModulus) *Party Leader*

QM Note: Please make any Marketplace purchases you like now, before the quest starts. I will post the quest topic later today.

Chosen participants for Quest#142: Day of the Triffid:

~
Dr. Windus
, Level 1 Cleric (Windusky)

~
Petaldan Parfenius
, Level 1 Knight (Palathadric)

~
Torald Waruelf
, Level 4 Barbarian (Alfadas)

~
Ezeran Yanarr
, Level 5 Mage (MysticModulus) *Party Leader*

QM Note: Please make any Marketplace purchases you like now, before the quest starts. I will post the quest topic later today.

Ezeran kicks Toralds armchair. "Mister Barbarian, it's time to head out and earn tomorrows drinks!" The symbiont clearly looks eager to go. *Ezeran heads to the marketplace*