Thanks you SO much :cry_happy:

Hmmm, was there any final pictures of the starter kit? Because Brickipedia doesn't have a page made yet suggesting there are no pictures :sceptic:

No problem, if I didn't do it. someone else would have. :wink:

There is the 'Training Set':

9558.jpg

I don't know if that's what you mean. :sceptic:

EDIT: I'm assuming it's safe to deeplink the pictures, but I've put it in a spoiler just in case. :look:

Edited by LandShark

No problem, if I didn't do it. someone else would have. :wink:

There is the 'Training Set':

9558.jpg

I don't know if that's what you mean. :sceptic:

Thanks for that, but no. I actually meant the set that has rattla and Cole ZX. Basically a new 2257 - the spinjitzu base set. I hope this clears things up for you :classic:

Thanks for that, but no. I actually meant the set that has rattla and Cole ZX. Basically a new 2257 - the spinjitzu base set. I hope this clears things up for you :classic:

Oh. :blush:

It does list the set 9579 Starter Kit, but it has no information. :sceptic:

I wanted one thing from these sets to change: I felt some of the Ninja vehicles needed more elemental patterns. And with these new pics, that's exactly what I got. I am quite impressed.

Hmm, Lloyd isn't as intimidating now. Shame about the grey hood.

I just noticed, most of the spinner and booster packs seem to have minifigs which are exclusive and aren't in sets. Interesting approach, that means people can't just buy the spinners instead of the sets to get the full lineup.

Hmm, Lloyd isn't as intimidating now. Shame about the grey hood.

I just noticed, most of the spinner and booster packs seem to have minifigs which are exclusive and aren't in sets. Interesting approach, that means people can't just buy the spinners instead of the sets to get the full lineup.

What do you mean, exclusive? As far as I can tell, only Kendo Kai, Samurai X, Kendo Cole, and Lasha are exclusive to spinners/booster packs. That's hardly "most". That's just four out of 12. And I'm gonna hold off on getting these "exclusive" spinner sets (except for the beautiful samurai, who's hard to resist), seeing as there's a good chance some of them will appear in sets later in the year.

What do you mean, exclusive? As far as I can tell, only Kendo Kai, Samurai X, Kendo Cole, and Lasha are exclusive to spinners/booster packs. That's hardly "most". That's just four out of 12. And I'm gonna hold off on getting these "exclusive" spinner sets (except for the beautiful samurai, who's hard to resist), seeing as there's a good chance some of them will appear in sets later in the year.

*Re-counts*

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little. Still, it's significant enough to make some people buy them, I guess.

We haven't had spinner sets where the minifigures weren't available in sets yet, and I don't think we've had them before they came out in another wave.

*Re-counts*

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little. Still, it's significant enough to make some people buy them, I guess.

We haven't had spinner sets where the minifigures weren't available in sets yet, and I don't think we've had them before they came out in another wave.

Well, we haven't had spinner sets where the characters weren't available in sets yet. But there are spinner sets that have minifigures not in other sets. Besides rather trivial differences like the skeletons in spinner sets having horizontal hand clips and the skeletons in other sets having vertical ones, there's also the more significant case of Bonezai, whose white-spiked armor piece is only available from his spinner sets. Hence him being the only spinner set my twin brother and I bought (although we also have spinners from some of the building sets).

Incidentally, I wonder what store exclusive sets there might be in the upcoming wave. In the first year of Ninjago, store exclusive sets tended to include spinners, including some that didn't come in other sets (like Jay DX's spinner). I wonder if the same might be true next year. If there are store exclusive sets we haven't seen yet, that might also mean that some of the characters who only appear in booster packs and spinner sets so far might also appear in other, larger sets.

I also wonder if there are any figs next year who won't get character cards. I hope not-- it was perhaps a forgivable oversight in Samukai's case since he's almost impossible to spin on a spinner (his center of gravity is too high), but not so much in Jay DX's case.

Wait, Lloyd is a kid? :hmpf: But besides that, this line looks great! I love the Jet and the Boat, and the new Ninja's are awesome! I hope TLG doesn't cheat out and give us pearl gold. And the prices aren't bad. These are some of my top sets for 2012.

Wait, Lloyd is a kid? :hmpf: But besides that, this line looks great! I love the Jet and the Boat, and the new Ninja's are awesome! I hope TLG doesn't cheat out and give us pearl gold. And the prices aren't bad. These are some of my top sets for 2012.

What do you mean, "cheat out"? Every single gold piece in this year's Ninjago sets, besides the gold bars in the mountain shrine, was pearl gold: specifically, 297 Warm Gold, one of the many gold colors Bricklink refers to as Pearl Gold. So why would you be expecting anything different?

What do you mean, "cheat out"? Every single gold piece in this year's Ninjago sets, besides the gold bars in the mountain shrine, was pearl gold: specifically, 297 Warm Gold, one of the many gold colors Bricklink refers to as Pearl Gold. So why would you be expecting anything different?

Yup, I highly doubt LEGO would use chrome gold in these sets, also I personally prefer Pearl Gold, since it doesn't scratch off like the chrome ones do..

What do you mean, "cheat out"?

I just hope that they'd give us metallic gold, at least, and I mean on the figs, so t could be a possibility.

Yup, I highly doubt LEGO would use chrome gold in these sets, also I personally prefer Pearl Gold, since it doesn't scratch off like the chrome ones do..

True, I prefer the metallic gold over the Chrome any day.

Edited by K-nut

I really like the blue snake guy and the two headed one. We finally have a new snake mold, which I have been wanting for a long time. I like Cole's Tread Buggy, and it also comes with the blue snake warrior. I think it is good to get a staff, Zane ZX, and 2 new snakes plus some other good pieces in the smallest set.

Samurai is a girl! It's that Nya?!

I am really mad that Snakepeople have legs... Only the spinner sets should have them... But the smallest set is soooo great to have! And new snakes are always good! (But they has holes on their heads...) I really like the prinnted studless round bricks, they seems to represent 4 powers: Venom, Hipnosis, Fangs(Snake Bite?) and Chains(wraping?). I wonder if they have some powers in game...

urg & wurg,

I looked, I tried, I gave it another chance... but I dislike the majority.

The new ninja prints, headgears are just not cool opposed to original & dx.

The snake people lack the flavour of the skeletons (with their fun/cool faces etc).

The sets are just not 'it', they lack Ninjago.

The things that seem cool:

the training set has some flava.

Lloyd the kid with scared face. Almost look like Kai is defending him vs the rattlecopter. (The booster pack) has a different face).

Flying boat (pity of the awkward looking garmadon... otherwise a great set).

edit: yep, samurai = nya

Edited by horizon

Oh, lego bricks with brick textured patterning... hmmm, how many 9440 sets will i need to buy to get enough of those pieces for the bottom story of a modular building :laugh:

It looks like one side has panels and one side has brick patterning, that is awesome... These pieces will make me very happy.

urg & wurg,

I looked, I tried, I gave it another chance... but I dislike the majority.

The new ninja prints, headgears are just not cool opposed to original & dx.

The snake people lack the flavour of the skeletons (with their fun/cool faces etc).

The sets are just not 'it', they lack Ninjago.

The things that seem cool:

the training set has some flava.

Lloyd the kid with scared face. Almost look like Kai is defending him vs the rattlecopter. (The booster pack) has a different face).

Flying boat (pity of the awkward looking garmadon... otherwise a great set).

edit: yep, samurai = nya

Both Lloyds are the same; he has a double-sided head.

And I, for one, adore the new ninja prints, particularly the ZX Ninjas. They're much more diversified than the original Ninjas (of whom the only difference was their color and how their belts were tied) and the DX Ninjas (of whom the only differences were the belts again and the dragons printed on them). The ZX Ninjas have varied clothing and weapons printed on them. Jay ZX even has some sort of pauldron. :wub: \

The snake people are growing on me too, although I'm still a bit iffy on Fangdam (the two-headed general).

And Four-armed Garmy seems better than I expected, and I can't wait to see LEGO use his new torso extension piece in Star Wars or something.

With Lloyd's double sided head (One, innocent, scared face and an evil face), I wonder if he is going to be a double agent for Garmadon? Or maybe he is immortal and cannot age and is pulling off an innocent act to fool the ninjas into thinking that he can do no evil, steals the weapons, hypnotizes the snakes, and sicks them out on Garmadon and the ninjas, which would be why the guy talking about it some time ago said Garmadon would work with the ninjas, as he would help fight off the snake army when they get overrun and need to use the air ship.

Or maybe he is evil and gets scared easily (The probably answer)?

With Lloyd's double sided head (One, innocent, scared face and an evil face), I wonder if he is going to be a double agent for Garmadon? Or maybe he is immortal and cannot age and is pulling off an innocent act to fool the ninjas into thinking that he can do no evil, steals the weapons, hypnotizes the snakes, and sicks them out on Garmadon and the ninjas, which would be why the guy talking about it some time ago said Garmadon would work with the ninjas, as he would help fight off the snake army when they get overrun and need to use the air ship.

Or maybe he is evil and gets scared easily (The probably answer)?

I imagine he might be more of a sympathetic villain. For instance, he might tell the snakemen where they can find the staffs, but then instead of following him the snakemen would go seek out the snake staffs on their own and he'd be forced to tag along more as a hostage than as an ally. He might eventually end up joining the Ninjas. He might double-cross the ninjas at some point, but if so I think it would more likely be because he is young and easily manipulated than that he is himself a master manipulator.

From my perspective, the reason Lloyd was introduced at all was so that the Ninjas would have an enemy who was more or less at their level of strength and intelligence (or possibly below it). Garmadon was himself pretty excellent at scheming and making plans, but for a continuous TV series it helps to have an antagonist who serves as a more direct foil to the heroes. Basically, he would serve a similar role to Jack Spicer from the cartoon Xiaolin Showdown, to Prince Zuko from the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender, or to Bowser Jr. from the Mario series.

He no doubt wants to be a serious and threatening villain, but really he's no stronger than the ninjas he's up against. Something interesting about his design is that he does not, in fact, use Garmadon's torso. Instead, he has the same purple belt but the "ribcage" is merely painted on his robes. It's actually kind of cute, seeing him trying to look like daddy. :laugh:

I have trouble believing that Garmadon is earnestly helping the ninjas. More likely he's hoping to seize the snake rods for himself.