I've a feeling that Jay's decal being labelled "Air Ninja" probably just has to do with the decal artists not giving a crap about the Ninjago story. But that's just me.

Anyone want me to post LEGO Universe Ninjago Skeleton enemy concept art? I'm worried the pictures might be too big, but I could just link to them on the LEGO Universe Wikia, which is where I found all of these things. No idea where they find all this treasure, but it's really amazing. I always look at the "recent pictures" section to see if there's any new concept art.

Please do!!! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

640px-Skulkin_maelstromWolf_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Wolf.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromVulture_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Vulture.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromUnderhand_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Underhand.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromBeetle_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Beetle. Not sure how this one is possible, as beetles don't have endoskeletons...

And, for some background information: The Maelstrom serves as the main antagonist of LEGO Universe. It's controlled by The Darkitect, a corrupted version of the man who accidentally unleashed the Maelstrom onto the world. This so-called Darkitect is trying to infect the universe with his Maelstrom, and in the most recent update (from September or October), it revealed that he's struck something of an accord with Lord Garmadon and his skeleton army. He told Garmadon of the Maelstrom's power, so the skeleton army used some Maelstrom-infected ore embedded in the rock on a world called Crux Prime to forge Maelstrom armor and weapons. The Maelstrom apparently makes the natives of Ninjago dizzy and ill, so the skeletons have the upper hand against them using their new gear. Apparently in a future update they were going to give some of this armor to the wildlife of the Underworld and sic them on Ninjago.

I really like those new decals. That'd be awesome if they were released as official. I may consider buying them then. I'm not really into Ninjago, but some of the ninja related stuff (not the skeleton or snake) is appealing to me.

And I really like that Maelstrom-Armored Bone Wolf! But since I missed on the Viking Fenrir wolf, I've been wanting to build some kind of wolf.

Some of that concept art (one picture of each enemy creature) was featured in one issue of LEGO Club Magazine, but it's neat seeing the creatures from more angles. The Bone Vulture is possibly my favorite: its head and beak seem based on a certain BIONICLE minifigure head (Link) flipped around backwards, although that head piece doesn't fit too snugly on a minifigure skeleton torso since the BIONICLE minifigure heads only have a one-stud-deep anti-stud and then a receptacle for a 3.2mm bar.

So much creativity went into LEGO Universe... I never played the game and don't think I'd enjoy it enough for it to be worthwhile for me, but it's still a shame to see it go.

I wonder if there will at any point be another Ninjago video game. LEGO Battles: Ninjago was pretty excellent, although its graphics are a bit lacking like its predecessor LEGO Battles. A game in full 3-D would be cool, although one wonders what it would cover: just one year of story like LEGO Battles: Ninjago, or perhaps a larger adventure summarizing multiple stories like many of the licensed LEGO games?

Some of that concept art (one picture of each enemy creature) was featured in one issue of LEGO Club Magazine, but it's neat seeing the creatures from more angles. The Bone Vulture is possibly my favorite: its head and beak seem based on a certain BIONICLE minifigure head (Link) flipped around backwards, although that head piece doesn't fit too snugly on a minifigure skeleton torso since the BIONICLE minifigure heads only have a one-stud-deep anti-stud and then a receptacle for a 3.2mm bar.

So much creativity went into LEGO Universe... I never played the game and don't think I'd enjoy it enough for it to be worthwhile for me, but it's still a shame to see it go.

I wonder if there will at any point be another Ninjago video game. LEGO Battles: Ninjago was pretty excellent, although its graphics are a bit lacking like its predecessor LEGO Battles. A game in full 3-D would be cool, although one wonders what it would cover: just one year of story like LEGO Battles: Ninjago, or perhaps a larger adventure summarizing multiple stories like many of the licensed LEGO games?

It is indeed that Bionicle head, good eye. I've seen an early render of the Bone Vulture with that head, but the final version (which was still not implemented in an update due to cancellation) has a white UFO alien helmet as its head.

I stopped playing LEGO Universe very early on, there wasn't much content to keep me going, I plowed through it really fast, and it was far too expensive. However, I stayed very interested in the story behind it and the content that they kept adding, but I didn't feel it necessary to keep playing. The Ninjago stuff they were planning was gonna be so cool. There would have been a boss battle against Garmadon where the Darkitect powers him up, giving him the ability to use Maelstrom spinjitzu.

Picked up LEGO Battles: Ninjago on Christmas, it's a pretty good game. It seems a bit less difficult than the first LEGO Battles game, but it's still really neat. The cutscenes are really cool, and I like that it has the same story as the cartoon but expands upon it much further. Another game based on the Rise of the Snakes saga would be cool.

Gentlemen, I present to you some Ninjago character armor concepts for a LEGO Universe content release that had been planned for 2012. Pretty neat stuff, huh?

Ooh, pretty. So this is stuff that was designed but never made, right? That's a shame.

The armour does look a bit too thin at parts to be made, but there's a perfectly good opportunity to release these in a future wave if they're not going to be used elsewhere.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromWolf_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Wolf.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromVulture_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Vulture.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromUnderhand_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Underhand.

640px-Skulkin_maelstromBeetle_concepts.jpg

Maelstrom-Armored Bone Beetle. Not sure how this one is possible, as beetles don't have endoskeletons...

And, for some background information: The Maelstrom serves as the main antagonist of LEGO Universe. It's controlled by The Darkitect, a corrupted version of the man who accidentally unleashed the Maelstrom onto the world. This so-called Darkitect is trying to infect the universe with his Maelstrom, and in the most recent update (from September or October), it revealed that he's struck something of an accord with Lord Garmadon and his skeleton army. He told Garmadon of the Maelstrom's power, so the skeleton army used some Maelstrom-infected ore embedded in the rock on a world called Crux Prime to forge Maelstrom armor and weapons. The Maelstrom apparently makes the natives of Ninjago dizzy and ill, so the skeletons have the upper hand against them using their new gear. Apparently in a future update they were going to give some of this armor to the wildlife of the Underworld and sic them on Ninjago.

Wow, more great images! It should be noted that the bone wolf already exists in-game in a non-armored form.

As for the story...well, let me just repost what I posted in the "future of ninjago" topic, since no one will see it otherwise...

Here is the actual text from LEGO Universe. Page 8 is where the actual LU part of the story picks up:

Page 1

The Art of Spinjitsu Part 1

Focus your energy and Imagination to become a whirling tornado of Spinjitsu!

Charge your attack when armed with a weapon of Spinjitsu.

Spinjitsu requires Imagination, and will drain it while you remain in tornado form.

Page 2

The Art of Spinjitsu, Part 2

If you find that normal weapon attacks do little damage against Skeletons, try Spinjitsu instead!

Attacks with a Spinjitsu weapon do much more damage to Skeletons.

Release a charged Spinjitsu attack to smash Skeletons to pieces!

Page 3

The Art of Spinjitsu, Part 3

Maelstrom enemies are curiously resistant to Spinjitsu.

You may try to use Spinjitsu to defeat them, but a normal weapon attack may work much better.

Save your Spinjitsu for the Skeletons!

Page 4

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 1

Long, long ago the First Spinjitsu Master created the 4 Weapons of Spinjitsu:

The Scythe of Quakes.

The Nunchuks of Lightning.

The Shurikens of Ice.

The Sword of Fire.

Page 5

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 2

The Master's sons swore to protect the Weapons, but the oldest son was consumed by darkness.

He became Lord Garmadon.

Garmadon was banished to the Underworld by his younger brother, Sensei Wu.

Page 6

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 3

Sensei Wu found 4 brave minifigures and trained them in the Art of Spinjitsu.

They learned to harness the power of the 4 Elements: Earth, Lightning, Ice, and Fire.

Together with their Sensei, the 4 Ninjas became the protectors of Ninjago.

Page 7

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 4

Lord Garmadon, working with General Samukai and his army of Skeletons, invaded the world of Ninjago to search for the Weapons of Spinjitsu.

However, the Ninjas found the Weapons first.

Samukai was destroyed, Garmadon was banished once more, and the Weapons were kept safe within the Ninjago Monastery.

Page 8

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 5

Lord Garmadon's fury echoed across the Universe, and it attracted the attention of an immensely evil being. He whispered to Garmadon of a powerfull essence that could aid him in his war.

Intrigued, Garmadon ordered General Nuckal into the deep reaches of space.

Page 9

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 6

Sensei Wu, always watchful of his evil brother, tasked a Ninja to follow General Nuckal and his forces.

That Ninja, named Neido, followed the skeletons to a mysterious planet. There, he found that the Skeletons had already set up a large mining operation.

Page 10

Ninjago: The Story So Far, Part 7

Neido built a small monastery refuge to keep him safe. It was attacked, again and again, by the Skeletons.

Luckily, Neido was finally able to ward them off with a brand-new form of Spinjitsu magic, which was inspired by a powerful force found throughout the Universe.

Neido had mastered Imagination Spinjitsu!

Through the missions, you find out that the Skeletons are mining Maelstrom from Crux Prime (part of the exploded Planet Crux) to forge into weapons and armor that will be more resistant to Spinjitsu. Players spend a lot of time and energy wrecking the place, but it is too late; the Skeletons have equipped themselves with Maelstrom-infused weapons and armor, and are attacking the new, larger Ninjago Monastery world. (I'll summarize and post that story later.)

Cole col006.jpg

Kai col083.jpg

Jay frnd019.jpg

Zane agt021.jpg

Wow, those hairs are rare. I can get an extra sleepyhead easily, but the skater hair is expensive and the Friends doll isn't being sold in reddish brown. :-( Guess it'll be a while before I have ninja with hair...

Sorry for the double post, but the YT user XMasToys, the guy who uploaded all of the future Ninjago episodes was deleted by Cartoon Network for copyright infringement. I also read he committed suicide or something.

-Sci

Sorry for the double post, but the YT user XMasToys, the guy who uploaded all of the future Ninjago episodes was deleted by Cartoon Network for copyright infringement. I also read he committed suicide or something.

-Sci

I'm not surprised that his videos were taken down, glad I got to watch up to Episode 5, but where in the world did you read that the guy committed suicide?! That's just sad, and awfully mean if it isn't true.

Does anyone know when (other than on Wednesdays) the Ninjago show airs?

It airs at 7:30 on Friday evenings as well. There's a schedule here if you click the text reading "Wednesdays at 8/7C"

I'm not surprised that his videos were taken down, glad I got to watch up to Episode 5, but where in the world did you read that the guy committed suicide?! That's just sad, and awfully mean if it isn't true.

Gotta love the internet for spreading vile lies like that. Took Cartoon Network/Lego long enough to act, especially considering how quickly they acted on the Summer wave prelim pictures account

830px-18.jpg

Finalized textures for Ninjago armor. Probably went along with the unique shoulder and head armor in the other picture. The first picture I posted had the name "NewLevel3 Armor ColorChanges." This picture says that these textures are for "Level 3" (normally Rank 3, a term reserved for the highest tier of faction-based specialty kits in LU). So they are likely linked, with the first picture being an early concept.

I really wish they'd give out all the clothing textures from LU. The designs in that game were killer.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I really wish they'd give out all the clothing textures from LU. The designs in that game were killer.

Check Lunibook and the LU Wiki. I know admins from both sites who are working tirelessly on preserving all of the game data they possibly can. Lunibook, in particular, has LXF files of all the LU in-game models, and most of the minifig textures, and they're working on re-formatting the minifig textures so they can easily be printed onto decal paper for minifig modding. :wink:

It's ironic...when I first saw the snakemen from this year's Ninjago sets, I thought they were ugly, and that I was done spending money on Ninjago. Then I saw the ZX suits. Even then, I was preparing myself to say, "look, you can do without them, you have Bricklink orders to make and not enough money to make them." It was only when I realized they would (have) appeared in LU that I decided to give Ninjago 2012 a second look--and that's when I got hooked on Ninjago. Again. (Though to be fair, those dragons were really unfair to everyone who already had plans for their Lego budget that year. :tongue: )

Wow! Lego is running out of ideas! Loyd, really! Snakes look cool though

What? How is the name Lloyd a symptom of running out of ideas? :wacko:

I'll admit it seems a bit odd to see a name as... Welsh... as Lloyd in an otherwise mostly Asian fantasy world, but with very non-Asian names like Jay, Cole, and Zane used already, it's not especially out of place. So the only thing all that bad about the name is the fact that it's such an obvious pun.

On Ninja's vs Pirates episode, which is said to be.

Perhaps this episode is the Ninja's on the Destiny's Bounty being attacked by pirates.

The pirates being the skeletons in pirate outfits (a pirate hat for Nuckal, Kruncha, Wyplash etc seem fitting). A small skeleton pirate ship (or big) commandeered by Captain Frackjaw.

Seems plausible. PotC meets Ninjago.

On Ninja's vs Pirates episode, which is said to be.

Perhaps this episode is the Ninja's on the Destiny's Bounty being attacked by pirates.

The pirates being the skeletons in pirate outfits (a pirate hat for Nuckal, Kruncha, Wyplash etc seem fitting). A small skeleton pirate ship (or big) commandeered by Captain Frackjaw.

Seems plausible. PotC meets Ninjago.

I don't think they will go back to skeletons. They will come up with another enemy.

I was watching BBC Breakfast this morning (UK morning news show), and noticed that a woman was reporting from London Toy Fair. She started in the Star Wars section, then walked to the Dino part, then eventually over to the Ninjago section, where she interviewed the Marketing Director and a woman that did...something. Anyway, once they had finished the interview, the woman moved over to the right a bit, and I could see Epic Dragon Battle! Then...she stepped in front of it. :hmpf: Oh well, at least I could still see Samurai Mech...very vaguely. :sceptic:

I was watching BBC Breakfast this morning (UK morning news show), and noticed that a woman was reporting from London Toy Fair. She started in the Star Wars section, then walked to the Dino part, then eventually over to the Ninjago section, where she interviewed the Marketing Director and a woman that did...something. Anyway, once they had finished the interview, the woman moved over to the right a bit, and I could see Epic Dragon Battle! Then...she stepped in front of it. :hmpf: Oh well, at least I could still see Samurai Mech...very vaguely. :sceptic:

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, there'll be plenty of coverage coming up in the next few days I think - unless there's some kind of press embargo, I know some of the toy fairs have full or partial bans on photography and whatnot i.e you can take pictures and videos of things on the main floor, but not in a private booth or whatever they call them.

Just keep checking online. I'm sure we'll get images sooner rather than later. A lot of toy fairs and trade shows and whatnot are going on all over the world at the moment. I myself am fallowing the Atamaii.com YouTube and Twitter, Stu Carter who runs the site is doing a massive tour of all of them and is providing good coverage too. He may report on LEGO as he has before and he's already covered some Ninjago - though stuff we already know about.

From his videos it appears that Japan is well stocked with Ninjago sets - way ahead of us in Britain!

Edited by Rocketbilly

Check Lunibook and the LU Wiki. I know admins from both sites who are working tirelessly on preserving all of the game data they possibly can. Lunibook, in particular, has LXF files of all the LU in-game models, and most of the minifig textures, and they're working on re-formatting the minifig textures so they can easily be printed onto decal paper for minifig modding. :wink:

Glad to see how many models they've got, but I'm still waiting on some they don't - skeleton fortress and a bunch of the cars. and I wish Lego would release HD pictures of the items rather than the crappy thumbnails that are all they've ever had.

Somebody should ask for more content release in the ambassador forum. And someone should suggest to the third party accessory makers cashing in on the closure with some commemorative LU inspired items.

Can you link me to the textures - or guide me to them? can't seem to find them.

I don't think they will go back to skeletons. They will come up with another enemy.

I'll be disappointed now if I don't see a crazy ninjago twist on (living human) pirates :grin: