XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Now that I've taken a brief look at the FBTB coverage, I must say, I'm rather impressed. I've never understood why people ahte detailed figs before, and I don't understand it now, so Jabba's Palace looks great- if not expensive- for me. I'll definitely get it if I can. Malevolance is harder to tell, because the figs don't buy it for me- though if they put the Tactical Droid back in I'd be more interested- and I don't have any Republic Fighters of any kind to really use it with. However, it is a nice ship overrall, so if the oppurtunity arises after LotR purchases, I'll go for it. Fury doesn't really sell it for me, despite Sith Troopers and Malgus. The Striker, on the other hand, looks appearling- and cheap too! Only 50 bucks up in Canada? Sold! 30 bucks for the Skiff isn't bad either! As for the Gungun Sub, I don't have much interest. Sure, the Queen'd be great, but for that high a cost, it's not worth it. And I have no interest at all for Visla's ship.

Again, LotR sets will really determine what I get here, but what I like here is well priced, for once.

I really do agree with you 100%. I'll be passing on most of the sets, Jabba's palace is a maybe, the Malevolance is meh, but I do like both of the Old Republic sets. Quite nice work there LEGO. :thumbup:

LotR here I come! :wub:

Yeah, I don't want people to think I don't like the sets we've just been shown. I do. I just don't buy SW sets much, I mostly go for the Jedi & clone minifigs - and buying a set depends a lot on those two things. Are there even any clones in the upcoming wave?

Just my personal observation that demand for SW OT > CW, don't want to delve into this too much in this thread, would be interesting to do a poll on this though

If you are talking about members of this forum then you are probably right. However there is a generation of kids out there that for the past 4 years has been fed on CW material. And those kids (which I would have thought considerably outnumber the collectors here) the are Lego's primary market.

On the level of detail on the minifigs, I think that what TLG is doing right now is perfect, and I really don't think they are going to get even more detailed (arm printing, etc.), but instead I think they are going to look more appealing, as in using crisper lines, better colour combinations, etc.

I would've liked something more like this for Padme

28u3gh2.png

© Otherworld

Don't we all. Unfortunantley, this has the black eyes and white pupils. Clone Wars figs have colored eyes.

Yeah, I don't want people to think I don't like the sets we've just been shown. I do. I just don't buy SW sets much, I mostly go for the Jedi & clone minifigs - and buying a set depends a lot on those two things. Are there even any clones in the upcoming wave?

No. Palpatine's Arrest may contain Shock Troopers, but now since I've seen Pre Viszla's Figher, I don't really think so. My impression is that they made the new ARC Trooper as a prototype, so I guess we will have to wait for the next wave to see phase II troopers.

[OT]

If you are talking about members of this forum then you are probably right. However there is a generation of kids out there that for the past 4 years has been fed on CW material. And those kids (which I would have thought considerably outnumber the collectors here) the are Lego's primary market.

I have to disagree at this point. TCW contains too much that cannot even be understood by kids. Rather, it is made for different target groups.

Personally, I have started as an OT guy, but after some time, TCW convinced me, simply because it adds to Star Wars.

[/OT]

Edited by Brickadeer

To those people complaining about the amount of detail in the minifigs, while there are some that possibly do feel LEGO should be far more basic than it's becoming please remember that this is a license and everything is required to look as close to the original as possible within the design contraints due to a more demanding market than in years past.

Also, I think we should all bear in mind that designing all these great toys for kids is someones job, and they have had to pour in countless hours and untold prototypes to get to this stage, so please spare a thought for them before we rip down their work.

How many people would still want the old Jabba in the new Jabbas palace? The new gigs figs are outstanding.

6864258549_bde2fef418.jpg

Is this picture old news?

where is this from? Toy Fair? Maybe it is the May 4th figure at Lego store?

Edited by Solscud007

Has anyone asked TLG the obviously searing question regarding Jabba's Palace? "When will we get a proper Rancor and pit?"

Im not holding my breath but Im pretty pleased with my Pre-Vizla already.

dsc0589.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

What is that orange thing in the back? Is that a new lego separator?

That's it, it seems Lego is putting it in every big set this year, I have a feeling I'm going to have more of these than I'd ever need very soon....

To those people complaining about the amount of detail in the minifigs, while there are some that possibly do feel LEGO should be far more basic than it's becoming please remember that this is a license and everything is required to look as close to the original as possible within the design contraints due to a more demanding market than in years past.

Also, I think we should all bear in mind that designing all these great toys for kids is someones job, and they have had to pour in countless hours and untold prototypes to get to this stage, so please spare a thought for them before we rip down their work.

How many people would still want the old Jabba in the new Jabbas palace? The new gigs figs are outstanding.

100% agree. I had lego when it was uniform colours and minimal printing. Lego is evolving as it has to to keep its place at the top of the marketplace. It's a business and absolutely no place for sentiment in it.

I never had old Jabba, but the pictures don't look great but it was probably great when released. Also seeing all the comments for new dewbacks etc show the want for more detailed and movie/tv accurate figures.

As to the comments on the brick separator, yeah I got one in the 3 biggest Batman sets and I'm guessing if I got some of the higher priced Star Wars X Wing etc I'd get one too? If they do this as a one year thing, I can see there being a healthy aftermarket in brick separators :laugh:

I love the new details in the Lego Figures, there's not much of an argument that they don't look like Legos, save the absence of Yellow Faces, but I for one also remember when faces were bricks, with one or two eyes, that had to be built into your own blocky models, and no "mini figs" existed so the precedent for change is strong, and more than warranted.

I also think comparing stock photos of molded models, and ad-hoc fantasy tech specs with what is otherwise an amazing approximation via plastic toys to be a bit confusing. There are model building kits, hobby shops, and much more detailed and "accurate" ways to build memorabilia, at this point in the Lego Star Wars franchise, a certain level of general accuracy is expected, but measurements, and details, often debated ones, are moot points because of the medium.

That said, Looking forward to the new sets!

100% agree. I had lego when it was uniform colours and minimal printing. Lego is evolving as it has to to keep its place at the top of the marketplace. It's a business and absolutely no place for sentiment in it.

I never had old Jabba, but the pictures don't look great but it was probably great when released. Also seeing all the comments for new dewbacks etc show the want for more detailed and movie/tv accurate figures.

As to the comments on the brick separator, yeah I got one in the 3 biggest Batman sets and I'm guessing if I got some of the higher priced Star Wars X Wing etc I'd get one too? If they do this as a one year thing, I can see there being a healthy aftermarket in brick separators :laugh:

Actually I prefer my older Jabba. I feel like it is the difference between puppet Jabba and CG Jabba. Puppet Jabba being the old lego version and CG Jabba is the 2012 Jabba. Dont get me wrong I will get the new one. I like the waist articulation and that Salacious crumb can sit on his hand.

I actually like my old Gamorean Guard than the new one.

The differences between the old and new Jabba, and the Gamorrean Guard as well, is comparable to old vs. new Ewoks. The molds were great, no question about that, but they were all monochrome, which gave them the illusion of being incomplete. Especially when standing next to figs with multiple accessories, such as Endor Luke or something like that.

Bring on the paint jobs, if you ask me... That's the least Lego can do for $119.99 USD!!!

I remember when I was a kid and Lego men didn't have faces or arms (they were set into the body) and their legs didn't move. It was like a whole new world when the space range came out in the 80's with poseable figures and faces.

Back to topic - The new detailing on the figures are indeed fantastic and TLG must be proud of their efforts there.

Has anyone asked TLG the obviously searing question regarding Jabba's Palace? "When will we get a proper Rancor and pit?"

dsc0589.jpg

I wonder if the official Minifig will have a cape like that. Boba Fett does, so I don't see why TLG could not make one for Pre Vizsla. (Yes, the "s" is supposed to be there. Look him up on Wookipedia.)

dsc0589.jpg

I just want TLG to do something better with the darksaber. It looks nothing like a lightsaber. Otherwise yours is perfect.

I just want TLG to do something better with the darksaber. It looks nothing like a lightsaber. Otherwise yours is perfect.

Black Katana. That is the best purist solution.

Non-purist would be a black Lightsaber hilt, attached to a black Katana that has had the handguard cut down, as well as most of the handle.

250px-DarksaberRender.jpg

Black Katana. That is the best purist solution.

Non-purist would be a black Lightsaber hilt, attached to a black Katana that has had the handguard cut down, as well as most of the handle.

250px-DarksaberRender.jpg

Do you think what we saw is preliminary or final with regards to the darksaber?

Edited by jmagaletta

Unfortunately, I believe it is final. :hmpf_bad:

It could be.....

But then again, it could not be. :wink:

We don't know if anything at that fair is final, so unfortunately we'll just have to wait.

Surely they will preview the UCS R2-D2 tomorrow after all it for sale in 2 weeks!