Sign in to follow this  
rucorder

Castle Dalradae

Excellent castle and support settlement 'rucorder', it has a feel of classic castle too ! :grin:

Tons of greenery and plenty of characters.....including a guy who is very green himself ! :laugh:

Great work 'rucorder' and Brick On ! :grin:

Gorgeous!

Fantastic brick work, the tan looks just right with the light bley, dark bley and even a int of old grey, which is always a welcome addition and adds heaps of realism to any stone wall.

The land outside the castle is also excellent. I really love the greenery and the small village. Not to mention the almost sparkling river and those ingenious fences! :wub:

My only suggestion would be to add some variation in land height - perhaps a slightly raised hill, or even just the odd dip or raise here and there.

A spectacular MOC. The Historic Themes forum is really getting a huge influx of new and exciting topics, and is fast becoming one of my favourite boards on the site.

Great work, rucorder and I simply can't wait to see more of you in future. Consider the Flickr images favourited immediately!

-A.S.

Gorgeous!

Fantastic brick work, the tan looks just right with the light bley, dark bley and even a int of old grey, which is always a welcome addition and adds heaps of realism to any stone wall.

The land outside the castle is also excellent. I really love the greenery and the small village. Not to mention the almost sparkling river and those ingenious fences! :wub:

My only suggestion would be to add some variation in land height - perhaps a slightly raised hill, or even just the odd dip or raise here and there.

A spectacular MOC. The Historic Themes forum is really getting a huge influx of new and exciting topics, and is fast becoming one of my favourite boards on the site.

Great work, rucorder and I simply can't wait to see more of you in future. Consider the Flickr images favourited immediately!

-A.S.

Thank you so much! :blush:

More green plates for better landscaping are definitely on my wish list.

I like this MOC castle very much. I really like the sprinkled yellow as it gives the walls that built from stone like feel.

As others have said the small village also adds to the overall impact.

Great Work. :sweet:

Good job,

I add your creation to my favorites in Flickr.

I especially love the "entrance" between both towers. The roof with lion head is great idea !

Edited by Stephle59

Good job,

I add your creation to my favorites in Flickr.

I especially love the "entrance" between both towers. The roof with lion head is great idea !

Thank you!

I love the way this is such an old school style castle, from studs-up design to prefab trees, but it still looks like it could fit right in with modern MOCs.

I really like the blue roofing and the archway behind the front doors. I actually built an archway very similar to that without ever seeing this post! Great minds think alike.