Sign in to follow this  
def

The Coming Darkness - Day One

I think we should stop the bickering between us. Yes, since we have one clue, we do have some direction for today. But it's not enough to convict. We need Carly's clue to get a firm understanding of what happened last night. We need to screw our heads on straight, think logically and on turn on each other.

General Karnata, can you tell us any more about the scene of the crime? Were you able to work out the cause of death or time of death? Was there any sign of injury on the body? How hot is it now? I guess the flies buzzing round the corpse indicate that Leigh has been dead for some time.

I seem to recall that ScottyPie was wearing his brown cloak yesterday in the meeting, and today he is wearing a black one. ScottyPie, can you please show us what colour is your cloak?

Edited by robuko

Wow... Drowned in a bowl of applesauce. What a way to go...

I've been listening to your conversations and I must say that I too think that misstress Kupp is probably just a little bit ignorant.

Donena's clue shure is helpfull narrowing down our search to 4 people. Still waiting for Carly's clue. Come on Carly, we really really need your clue! :grin:

If I'd had to choose right now who to vote for, I'd go for Scotty. There's just something about his face that doesn't look right. :laugh: Just kidding ofcourse Scotty!

Oh and Craig, I understand the tone you spoke in. I would have probably done the same if someone falsely accused me of wearing black clothes.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57460&view=findpost&p=1024574

MOD NOTE:

Like in all games, editing posts is not allowed. From the Bloodbrick rules:

Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'

This is still day one, and I know there are some people playing their first ever game, so there is leniency, but there will be penalty votes in future cases.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57460&view=findpost&p=1024574

MOD NOTE:

Like in all games, editing posts is not allowed. From the Bloodbrick rules:

This is still day one, and I know there are some people playing their first ever game, so there is leniency, but there will be penalty votes in future cases.

oops, sorry! My first post too! :blush:

Sorry Robanakin but I can't remember anything else. I couldn't see any visible marks or figure out how long he'd been dead. It was pretty horrific though it was all a blur.

I see that Donut's clue sparked quite a discussion, but Roweena is right, and hopefully my clue will bring closure to this matter:

The killer was smiling, that I'm sure of.

Now in my book, this would mean Scotty didn't do it, and I would never accuse Mr. Strut of smiling, so that leaves Camanakin at the top of the suspect list. Ok, if you want to be technical I'd have to include myself as a suspect, but I'd be insane to incriminate myself.

I have first hand experiece (both metaphorically and literally) with the perverse nature of members of the Skywalker family, but the disgusting killing of Leigh takes their perversity to levels I never knew existed.

Now the question is, is there anything else to consider, should we search for more clues, or is this enough to lynch Camanakin?

That is terrible news about Mr. Leigh. I had done business with him on numerous occassions.

But it seems the discussions so far today haven't been entirely useful.

At least we have narrowed down the list of suspects to four. Hopefully the second clue will narrow it down further.

An investigation card might also be put to some use to confirm the allegiance of our final suspect, if it is in the hands of the Town, that is.

Should we go back to look at the body to see if there are any clues there? We will have to arrange his funeral anyway, poor fellow.

Poor Leigh. We must find vegeance on his killers. And it seems we already have 2 clues.

Well, it is true I'm wearing black, but is this anything less like a smile? Personally I'm very suspicious of, yes, Camanakin. Mostly black and smiling is both against him, and that's all we've got.

I see that Donut's clue sparked quite a discussion, but Roweena is right, and hopefully my clue will bring closure to this matter:

The killer was smiling, that I'm sure of.

Now in my book, this would mean Scotty didn't do it, and I would never accuse Mr. Strut of smiling, so that leaves Camanakin at the top of the suspect list. Ok, if you want to be technical I'd have to include myself as a suspect, but I'd be insane to incriminate myself.

I have first hand experiece (both metaphorically and literally) with the perverse nature of members of the Skywalker family, but the disgusting killing of Leigh takes their perversity to levels I never knew existed.

Now the question is, is there anything else to consider, should we search for more clues, or is this enough to lynch Camanakin?

Humn it is indeed very bold to tell us this clue. The only really smiley person happens to be YOU... So I'm a bit surprised that you told us this hint. You could have just made up something that would rule you out. Like the killer was male or something like that. That would have left us with 3 possible killers... So to me this looks like absolute suicide. :laugh:

On the other hand Camanakin is smirking a little bit too.

Humn it is indeed very bold to tell us this clue. The only really smiley person happens to be YOU... So I'm a bit surprised that you told us this hint. You could have just made up something that would rule you out. Like the killer was male or something like that. That would have left us with 3 possible killers... So to me this looks like absolute suicide. :laugh:

I agree with Womanikin. The one helping to try and solve this murder would be the one to cast suspicion from themselves the most, almost like a detective trying to solve a murder they committed. It's the perfect cover!

On the other hand Camanakin is smirking a little bit too.

I thought it was just wind... :look::tongue:

So that clue leaves Camanakin and Carly.

I feel Camanakin should be our top suspect above Carly. Why? Because Carly didn't have to put incriminating evidence on herself out there for the whole group to see. She could've said she got the same clue or made up one that leads us off her tail. And using her witness card on the first day shows she really wants progress.

Not necessarily. He could have been sitting in a chair, slumped over, with his face in the bowl on the table. That would be a logical place to be eating a bowl of applesauce at. (that is, if he used tables)

Indeed, this would make sense, although the logic of eating applesauce from a bowl must be questioned at all times. In any case, I was just referring to Roweena's own account, who specifically mentioned Leigh lying face down in a bowl of applesauce.

I think we can agree, though, that this is a truly bizarre murder; was the applesauce the murder weapon, or was Leigh just an eccentric who loved to start the day with a bowlful of applesauce? Both could be equally true, of course :tongue: But I cincerely hope we catch the killer and get to know what really happened in that kitchen as soon as possible.

Woah, am I that late, I must have overslept

So we have two clues, dressed in black and smiling. The problem is, they tell us everything and well nothing. First off the killer would have worn all-black to disguise himself/herself and of course they would have enjoyed it and have been smiling, so as yo can see the clues aren't that helpful. However we therefore must confer on the other possibility where in which we take the words literally and use them to single out a member of the village. Let me create a small table:

Dressed Mostly In Black Clothes:

Comanakan Skywalker

Scottie Pie

Carley Vikera

Ram Strut

Craig Otoko (I know you wear grey but in the dark it would look black so I hope you appreciate my caution)

Now who in that list was smiling:

Comanakin Skywalker-I interpret a slight smile but we can't be sure with that type of face.

Carley Vijera- Definite smile and also wears nearly full black.

Ram Strut-Can't tell, you have the same expression as all other orcs.

So, the key to our success is through observing the clues and by default that means we probably aren't looking deep enough, this is a mystery like reality after all isn't it? So looking through the pictures as would be required in a mystery situation :wink: I see that the 3 main suspects are all holding weapons, Carley an axe, Ram what looks like a sword and comanakin, well take a look for yourself:

5920544420_a4386dbe9b_z.jpg

If you look at the way it bends through his hand, it appears to be a gun, do guns even exist in this period of time? I believe that after a slightly more in depth analysis of clues, comanakin is A Dark One.

Before I start a vote against him though I am calling upon all three: Comanakin, Carley and Ram to show us their ID so that we can identify their outfits and learn more about them. Then we can hopefully single one of them out.

I feel Camanakin should be our top suspect above Carly. Why? Because Carly didn't have to put incriminating evidence on herself out there for the whole group to see. She could've said she got the same clue or made up one that leads us off her tail. And using her witness card on the first day shows she really wants progress.

I am glad we agree with each other but don't trust Carley too quickly, using her card on the first day may have been a way of her trying to make us believe her. While unlikely the clue has a very small % chance of being false which could indicate Carley made it up so it would be an argument against herself and we would be tricked into believing it was true because no sane person would make an argument against themselves.

Unless I'm much mistaken, that is a hammer being held by the person opposite him, Carley Vikera.

Hmm, I see what you mean now, it could be either, maybe the ID cards will help?

[snip]

Before I start a vote against him though I am calling upon all three: Comanakin, Carley and Ram to show us their ID so that we can identify their outfits and learn more about them. Then we can hopefully single one of them out.

[snip]

As certain members of this village would testify to, I don't mind exposing myself, but I'm starting to think that perhaps we should search for another clue as well. Any takers?

As certain members of this village would testify to, I don't mind exposing myself, but I'm starting to think that perhaps we should search for another clue as well. Any takers?

I agree. If anyone else is willing, another witness account might give us more information, or allow us to confirm information we have been given already.

However, seeing as we have narrowed down the list of suspects so much, the witness card may be put to better use another day.

I suggest that the investigator finds out the allegience of Camanakin or Carly and then we can make a conviction from the results.

I have nothing to hide, as people said, I am wearing mainly black but I'm not even sure if my race can smile:

5907333487_878bcd7932.jpg

At this stage, I think Camanakin is the most likely, as I do find it hard to believe that Carly would incriminate herself with the clue, it's just too risky a strategy.

Well, please do expose yourself, miss. You did seem to sit on your clue for a long time, which might look odd to some.

We are the Town Guard, we have failed to guard Mr Leigh, and that makes me mad. I fully agree to look for more clues. Let`s go to the scene of the crime and see if we can identify any more clues.

However, seeing as we have narrowed down the list of suspects so much, the witness card may be put to better use another day.

I suggest that the investigator finds out the allegience of Camanakin or Carly and then we can make a conviction from the results.

I agree with Addy. I think 3 witness cards on the first day would be overkill, especially since weve made good progress with the two that have been used. If the person who correctly guessed the challenge could come forward and put our minds at ease it would be so helpful.

Unfornutely its time for me to go do the night shift with the guards. So I proxy: Bananakin Skywalker / Brickdoctor because she is always around town. Like a bike. :tongue:

Well, please do expose yourself, miss. You did seem to sit on your clue for a long time, which might look odd to some.

With pleasure:

5907889914_1f296443b9.jpg

We are the Town Guard, we have failed to guard Mr Leigh, and that makes me mad. I fully agree to look for more clues. Let`s go to the scene of the crime and see if we can identify any more clues.

If you want to look for a clue, you know what to do :classic:

With pleasure:

5907889914_1f296443b9.jpg

Nice hammer Miss, what do you use that for?

Nice hammer Miss, what do you use that for?

Just the usual. Sometimes I get so sick and tired of addition and multiplication that I nail kittens to the floor :look: Other times I just need to put up shelves or hang up pictures on the wall.