Sign in to follow this  
LegoCityMann

Eurobricks City Mall idea

Inspired by HeLena's Starbucks Kiosk and lightningtigers mall I had an idea (perhaps a contest) involving the EB Town forum.

Anyone who likes could create a vignette of a mall store or kiosk

There would be 2 categories an 8x8 Category and an 8x16 Category. Each "vig" must be able to attach to another on using a Technic pin in the 4-5 position on the 8x side.

Each Vig would depict a store in the Eurobricks mall.

Is this a crazy idea or is this something that sounds like fun?

~LCM

That is almost exactly what I had in mind over in the discussion about the upcoming girls' city subtheme - and I would definitely be interested in participating!

Wonderful idea, LegoCityMann! It's an excellent concept, and I'd be very happy to participate. However, I don't get how they'd actually join together. I mean, how would the whole shopping centre/mall be displayed, if each MOC could be on a completely different continent?

I hope this idea does take off, as I think this could be the start of something great!

What you're talking about is a community build, where participants build a certain portion and everything's joined together.

If you wanted to see the whole thing together, either all the participants get together in one place, all the participants send their entries to one person, or you do it virtually with LDD or an ldr program. (such as an LDD RCB)

What you're talking about is a community build, where participants build a certain portion and everything's joined together.

If you wanted to see the whole thing together, either all the participants get together in one place, all the participants send their entries to one person, or you do it virtually with LDD or an ldr program. (such as an LDD RCB)

I see. I don't really think I would be able to participate then if these are the only ways to do it. A) I don't have LDD and B) I wouldn't like to ship my parts across the world just to make a big MOC.

But the tiger does have LDD ! :grin:

'LCM' I require more details, like is it going to have tiled floors, roof, etc.,.

Let's all Brick On ! :excited:

A) I don't have LDD

But the tiger does have LDD ! :grin:

I'm not saying such a build would have to use LDD or that it would have to be seen all together. (as this is not my idea) I'm merely offering an explanation of the more common ways it could be done.

So we would ship our pieces to somebody else? Sorry, I'm not greedy, but when it comes to these plastic toys we love, I am in no way parting with them. :tongue: But this does seem like a cool idea.

So we would ship our pieces to somebody else? Sorry, I'm not greedy, but when it comes to these plastic toys we love, I am in no way parting with them. :tongue: But this does seem like a cool idea.

I am thinking more along the lines of what was done for the Minifig Contest. No one would have to ship anything anywhere. Basically the idea being that they could theoretically be joined together into a shopping mall.

~LCM

I am thinking more along the lines of what was done for the Minifig Contest. No one would have to ship anything anywhere. Basically the idea being that they could theoretically be joined together into a shopping mall.

~LCM

Sounds like we need Hinckley to help us, a contest comes to my mind......maybe. :wink:

Gee what could I make eh ? :laugh: Silly, question right ? :iamded_lol:

Because whatever I do make in a way I can use it in my own shopping centre....but it will have to be something fresh...totally something I haven't done before. :wink:

This sounds like fun. I spend too much time in shopping malls, so maybe that time can be turned into something useful :tongue:

Hmm, haven't done much with interiors yet, though I do like to shop, when I'm buying Lego of course, I like the idea and will be there with bricks on.

Great idea, LCM! There are so many great concepts for a 'mall' theme (pretzel stand, shoe store, cosmetics store, etc.). :thumbup: I think a 'bring your own mall vignette and we'll piece them together' would be a great idea for Brickworld or some other convention. Everyone could build their own part of the mall (of course we'd have to all collaborate - we don't want there being too many of a single store!) and then bring it with them to the convention and we could put it all together there.

I've been thinking about a Community Build LDD. I think it would a smooth combination of 2 great ideas, and a mall sounds perfect for a community build. Not to mention this time it can actualy be viewed in its entirety.

I've been thinking about a Community Build LDD. I think it would a smooth combination of 2 great ideas, and a mall sounds perfect for a community build. Not to mention this time it can actualy be viewed in its entirety.

Maybe a LDD Build and a Actual Build category for those that don't use LDD?

I've got an idea for how the non-LDD category could be displayed, but I don't think it's that good. I thought that maybe it could be a collage of pictures to form it? Like everyone would have to photograph their MOC's at the same angles (e.g. Front, back, left, right), and then someone could join all the pictures up to form a big picture of them all together :sceptic: ?

I don't know how well that would work, so I'm not sure if we should go with it.

Just a suggestion.