Sign in to follow this  
ziljin

Has anyone bought the Lego S@H PAB Horse?

I just noticed in the animal section there is a white horse for 0.75USD!!! Less than a dollar for a horse!

But it has a funny name. Horse, Head Directed Upwards. Does that mean the head cannot move or something? Has anyone bought the horse?

I could use some white horses and they have free shipping right now. I could build a light cavalry army!

I got a couple free from lego(asked when they were gonna be in stock since I wanted to buy a couple, got 2 free. this was b4 they came back into stock). The heads are movable.

Just a FYI, my store has placed a restriction of 3 horses per PaB cup. I am not sure if this is the same for other stores.

It's the regular horse. I think "head directed upwards" might refer to how it's aligned after first being assembled. Regardless, the neck should bend normally.

okay thanks a lot.

I ordered it online. I already submitted the order so I can't check exactly what I ordered. But I think like 30 white horses, along with minifigure pieces (20 blue spears neat!) Too bad they do not have saddles (I did not see any).

okay thanks a lot.

I ordered it online. I already submitted the order so I can't check exactly what I ordered. But I think like 30 white horses, along with minifigure pieces (20 blue spears neat!) Too bad they do not have saddles (I did not see any).

Let me inform you in case of disappointment that the spears will be rubber, not ABS. They have a separate part number than the ABS spears (32373 rather than 4497). The rubber spears are new in this year's Hero Factory sets, and exist in 23 Bright Blue and 315 Silver Metallic. ABS spears are only available in Black from PAB.

You may already know this, and it's a bit late to change your decision if you for some reason dislike the rubber spears, but I figured it'd be best to let you know this sooner rather than later. The rubber spears are good quality, and color-wise they'll match other LEGO parts just fine, but the texture and flexibility will be different than regular minifigure spears.

Let me inform you in case of disappointment that the spears will be rubber, not ABS. They have a separate part number than the ABS spears (32373 rather than 4497). The rubber spears are new in this year's Hero Factory sets, and exist in 23 Bright Blue and 315 Silver Metallic. ABS spears are only available in Black from PAB.

You may already know this, and it's a bit late to change your decision if you for some reason dislike the rubber spears, but I figured it'd be best to let you know this sooner rather than later. The rubber spears are good quality, and color-wise they'll match other LEGO parts just fine, but the texture and flexibility will be different than regular minifigure spears.

It might not be too late to cancel my order, but I think I only bought 2 dollars worth so no big deal. Plus I just paid 6.31 dollars each for 4 samurai at amazon (i know bricklink, but I just prefer amazon shipping). Well if you say the quality is fine, then it should be fine. Unless its like the maces and tridents where some minifigures hands have trouble gripping them without being forced thus slightly damaged.

About the PAB Wall.

I saw the horses there as well at the Bellevue, Washington LEGO Store.

I was able to get 8-10 into a small cup and the associates there didn't mind.

I was even able to fit a few other elements into the cup with clever shifting.

I didn't have a limit at my local store either. Maybe it's just that one store that has many reseller trying to pack in a lot and the store were running out of horses too quickly? I got 12 horses that one time and I wasn't trying to maximize it. I could probably do over 20 if I worked but I'm not a reseller and I have loads of brown and black horses from older sets and I'm not going for a horse farm.

Anyway the only official LEGO horse whose head didn't move are from mid 70's when they were brick built! Look at set 375 yellow castle for such horse. Virtually all horses from 80's and on were the same mold with poseable head.

I didn't have a limit at my local store either. Maybe it's just that one store that has many reseller trying to pack in a lot and the store were running out of horses too quickly? I got 12 horses that one time and I wasn't trying to maximize it. I could probably do over 20 if I worked but I'm not a reseller and I have loads of brown and black horses from older sets and I'm not going for a horse farm.

Anyway the only official LEGO horse whose head didn't move are from mid 70's when they were brick built! Look at set 375 yellow castle for such horse. Virtually all horses from 80's and on were the same mold with poseable head.

I'd think the PaB policy varies per store, though generally the employees are pretty agreeable.

snip

Anyway the only official LEGO horse whose head didn't move are from mid 70's when they were brick built! Look at set 375 yellow castle for such horse. Virtually all horses from 80's and on were the same mold with pose-able head.

I actually say that virtually all horses from the 80's on were from the series of horse molds as there are *2* known head variants :sweet:

It's not a BIG variation but I have examples of both in my own collection, it has to do with the size/shape/depth the the dimples that represent nostrils, some have a fairly shallow round bottom to the nostrils, and others have a more tube like shape that you can fit a peg from the older flames into and have it stick. I learned of the difference form discussion on a webforum, likely Classic Castle but I could be mistaken.

That said my local LIC has not had horses the last couple times I've been in but they're not my top priority, I probably got 60+ of them in various colors already (and with both head variants as well).

I actually say that virtually all horses from the 80's on were from the series of horse molds as there are *2* known head variants :sweet:

It's not a BIG variation but I have examples of both in my own collection, it has to do with the size/shape/depth the the dimples that represent nostrils, some have a fairly shallow round bottom to the nostrils, and others have a more tube like shape that you can fit a peg from the older flames into and have it stick. I learned of the difference form discussion on a webforum, likely Classic Castle but I could be mistaken.

That said my local LIC has not had horses the last couple times I've been in but they're not my top priority, I probably got 60+ of them in various colors already (and with both head variants as well).

Once the order arrives I will have around 60 horses mostly black and white. Some persian, and 2 brown lol. I guess this should be enough for now.

1. I feel super lucky that they made cheap horses. Hopefully they'll have other colors in the future.

2. I feel super sad that they did not have the horses available during the Shadow ARF promotion.

3. I feel somewhat annoyed that I have to place so many multiple orders to get the free Castle figs. They should make it so that you get a free fig for every $75 you spend. That would save me the hassle of placing order after order and it would save them on shipping separate packages instead of one big one.

1. I feel super lucky that they made cheap horses. Hopefully they'll have other colors in the future.

2. I feel super sad that they did not have the horses available during the Shadow ARF promotion.

3. I feel somewhat annoyed that I have to place so many multiple orders to get the free Castle figs. They should make it so that you get a free fig for every $75 you spend. That would save me the hassle of placing order after order and it would save them on shipping separate packages instead of one big one.

Yea more horse variation would be great! And I missed out on the dark pearl gray knight helmets =(. Instead I got 40 gray helmets instead. Which is fine since I was not satisfied with only having two of them anyway.

Even better if they just sold it as an impulse set. I could get a bunch of them. I made a second order. But I find out today that if I used capital one rewards website to go to legoshop I could have gotten a bonus 3% cash back on my orders. =(. Can't cancel the orders now they have already shipped. But free shipping lasts until July 15 so maybe I will have to make some more orders! and get more target practices and get that bonus cash back! I am building armies anyway, so might as well buy lots now to get that extra target practices and free shipping and lego VIP points.

Edited by lego40k

I'm afraid you're going to feel even more sad when I tell you this, but this PAB selection has been on the website since April, while the Shadow ARF promotion was in May. So you really did miss your chance on that one.

More colors of horses would be kind of cool, but I have my doubts whether that would happen. I'm pretty sure PAB is packaged by hand just like DesignByMe, in the same facilities. And boths services have the same parts selection. The bigger the parts selection, the more difficult it is to pack orders. So if they do expand the parts selection, I would expect newer parts to have a considerably different use functionally than just a different color of horse.

I'm afraid you're going to feel even more sad when I tell you this, but this PAB selection has been on the website since April, while the Shadow ARF promotion was in May. So you really did miss your chance on that one.

I think he means 'not available' as in listed on the site but not in stock.

While the horse was in the inventory at the time, it was marked as unavailable until after the ARF promo was over. Same with the tommy gun.

Also, technically I've noticed that you can't really get limited time promos with PAB orders. I've been burned before on this issue. By the time the PAB is packed, they will have run out of the limited time promo. Though with the ARF promo, Lego did try to make amends by offering your choice of other figures.

While the horse was in the inventory at the time, it was marked as unavailable until after the ARF promo was over. Same with the tommy gun.

Also, technically I've noticed that you can't really get limited time promos with PAB orders. I've been burned before on this issue. By the time the PAB is packed, they will have run out of the limited time promo. Though with the ARF promo, Lego did try to make amends by offering your choice of other figures.

Hmmm... I wonder if that's related to the reason many of the earliest Hero Recon Team orders were delivered late. Since the horse, the tommy gun, and the various Hero Factory parts were new with this year's April PAB/DBM update, it's possible there was just a general lack of organization in updating to the new parts selection for both services.

How come they removed the dark pearl gray knight helmets? They ran out? =(. I had to settle for gray ones instead.

How come they removed the dark pearl gray knight helmets? They ran out? =(. I had to settle for gray ones instead.

Well, I'm not privy to all the logic that goes behind the PAB/DBM parts palette selections, but there are a couple possibilities I can think of. One is, as you mentioned, them running out of pearl dark gray knight helmets. This would not be especially likely, since there are still pearl dark gray knight helmets in sets. But it's possible that the ones they had before were in the old Pearl Dark Gray (148 Dark Grey Metallic) rather than the new Pearl Dark Gray (316 Titanium Metallic). The difference is slight, and the chances are very unlikely (since the new color was introduced in the first wave of Kingdoms sets and there were no Pearl Dark Gray knight helmets before that wave). But that could explain them running out, if that did indeed happen. Note that a similar thing happened with the Exo-Force robot arms in the Mini Figures category-- while the older Dark Grey Metallic ones haven't been removed, they are listed as "Not Available", while the newer Titanium Metallic ones are listed right above for the same price.

The opposite is also a possibility. Perhaps they had a surplus of Light Bluish Gray (194 Medium Stone Grey) helmets, and so they put them in place of the Pearl Dark Gray ones in the parts palette hoping to get rid of excess stock.

THAT would be stellar.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. :sceptic:

THAT would be stellar.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. :sceptic:

Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream but it sure would be nice. For example, I want to buy 1,000 horses. In order to maximize the freebies, I've been forced to place several orders of 101 horses every few days. If I tried to do them all at once, then my credit card fraud alert comes on and the card gets blocked.

Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream but it sure would be nice. For example, I want to buy 1,000 horses. In order to maximize the freebies, I've been forced to place several orders of 101 horses every few days. If I tried to do them all at once, then my credit card fraud alert comes on and the card gets blocked.

Wow 1000 horses amazing. I don't think I need that many. Not until I have thousands of infantry at least. BUt I don't think I have enough for that.

For example, I want to buy 1,000 horses.

madoka strikes again. :oh3: Make sure to take some pics once they have armed riders! Edited by Brickdoctor

Wow 1000 horses amazing. I don't think I need that many. Not until I have thousands of infantry at least. BUt I don't think I have enough for that.

Trying to recreate a scene where Rohan went south to help Gondor?