Sign in to follow this  
Gilles Gaer

Death of the old count

indexed.gif

Dear all

Here's my new moc: the church of the trinity.

http://www.flickr.co...57626934981642/

5820324237_5be4f4ba9b_z.jpg

Credits go to these people I drew inspiration from, in particular Eilonwy77 and Rhox.

By the way, it's my first post here (although I've been reading stuff here for a very long time) hence warm hello to everyone, hope you enjoy this build!

Cheers

gg

Edited by TazManiac
Deeplinked photo

Now that is how you make an entrance to EB with a totally AWESOME and detailed creation ! :grin:

The chruch on the top of a hill by the looks of it is beautiful, you have even worried about an odd colour roof tile to show wear'n'tear on the old building. :sweet:

Excellent designing, oh and before I forget WELCOME to Eurobricks ! :sweet:

Brick On 'Gilles Gaer' ! :grin:

Thanks for you kind comments!

About the stained glass windows holding together... an individual window holds just because the cheeses are pressed together. It's quite fragile but it holds ok. Now in the church there are 15 such windows... I've tried hard having them all holding at the same time without help... but I got frustrated because every time you start building the 3rd window the 1st falls apart. I finally taped them...

gg

Beautiful Church Gilles Gaer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

While the outside is really well done and full of neat detail and ideas, it is the interior that really makes it a great MOC for me. That has to be one of the best altars and internal decorations I have seen in a while! Your windows are wonderfully made, the Eilonwy77 inspiration is definitely present, but I feel like you've made it your own design and a few of them are small works of art! :wink:

Great job especially on those stained glass window. What's holding them all in place?

I'm wondering that aswell, very nice how you have done the windows.

Edited by Ro87n

I found this a nice moc.

I love the interior of the church with the choir and the crucifix.

There I deeplinked a preview photo for better appreciation of this wonderful MOC. The whole build is simply outstanding - from the church architecture, interior details, surrounding greeneries and rock formations, everything is just fantastic. Great job Gilles! :thumbup:

A great way to introduce yourself to Eurobricks! This is a fantastic rendition of a church and surrounds :thumbup: Of particular note are the lovely stained glass designs and the church interior. Some of the photos are a little dark but the MOC itself is well built. Keep em coming.

Great stuff the scale is spot on.default_thumbup.gif

That tower will bring in parishioners from far and wide.

My only advice would be some more subtlety in your green path, plates instead of bricks would help it flow better but that's really being picky. Great job and welcome to EB.

Thanks all!

It's true that the path the church could be better and especially not this steep. Guess I'll have to extend my collection of green plates :).

gg