KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Bought the V-wing for €25. It's a nice build, not overally happy with the nose, might have to mod that a some point ;)

Edited by IenjoyLego89

Picked up the Ghost... At $90 for a 929 piece SW set with 4 minifigs, it is bound for a "price correction" once the show starts or shortly afterwards.

What do you think of it? I'm on the fence about the set. It looks cool, but not sure if it's worth buying. I'm mostly an OT collector with the occasional PT set. I didn't really like TCW sets, so I'm not sold on the new cartoon, yet.

20m drive to pick up the retired 7668 Rebel Scout Speeder (in perfect condition). As a bonus I got the white pupil Luke in celebration outfit. (which is good since I wasn't planning to get the outdated Visual Dictionary that had this fig as a bonus)

Not bad for € 14.

What do you think of it? I'm on the fence about the set. It looks cool, but not sure if it's worth buying. I'm mostly an OT collector with the occasional PT set. I didn't really like TCW sets, so I'm not sold on the new cartoon, yet.

Get it. And get the Phantom as well. Seriously: as a pair it rocks and really fits with OT sets. (I only have OT sets and these 2 are my only non-OT sets)

The Sandcrawler (75059) and the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser (75025). I got the Cruiser at an amazing -43% off the list price.

Bought 7959 Geonosian Starfighter MISB for 26$ no tax

knowing it was 39.99$ + tax when it came out

I think it was a steal!

I've only built the first 3 of 6 bags, but it's a lot better than I expected. It may not have the interior of the actual ship as shown in the pilot episode, but it has a lot more than I was expecting. I'm an OT guy myself, (Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw in theaters as a kid) but I'm pretty open minded. I don't even think the Stormtrooper looks bad at all. Too many people just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Also, I really do believe it is priced extremely well when compared to other SW sets and strongly expect there to be a price increase soon. There are interesting parts for MOCing, even if you end up not liking the ship. Sand green tiles? How very useful if you want to make a Slave I...

Has Lego ever increased the price of a set after it's been in release for several months? I mean, I can see TRU increasing the price, they do that all the time (especially around big sales, so the 'sale' price is merely MSRP or TRU's normal markup), but Lego itself? I wouldn't count on that...

Has Lego ever increased the price of a set after it's been in release for several months? I mean, I can see TRU increasing the price, they do that all the time (especially around big sales, so the 'sale' price is merely MSRP or TRU's normal markup), but Lego itself? I wouldn't count on that...

Ah, but they have done it before.

Architecture Studio sold at $150 at all outlets that carried it (B&N, LEGO stores, and S@H) until it went out of stock. When it came back to LEGO stores and S@H, it had gone up to $160.

Ewok Village? Went for 249€, then few months later surprise! 269€.

@Jedi-bendu and Rollermonkey - thanks for the opinions about Phantom and Ghost. They sound like they'll be fun sets to build and good additions to my collection.

I'll take your advice and grab them during double VIP month. :thumbup:

Ewok Village? Went for 249€, then few months later surprise! 269€.

Did it drop back down, cuz it's still $249.99 on US S@H

I got another 9489, few hours before the 2015 wave was revealed. Boy, was I happy when I saw what stormtroopers we were offered in ITT! :sweet:

75038 Jedi Interceptor for 25% off, I'm not a huge PT fan however I have always like the Eta-2 and had to pick it up in the sale.

Picked up the 2014 Jedi Interceptor, Vulture Droid and V-Wing sets for 50% off last week. Wasn't intending to bother with the V-Wing having bought a couple of the 2005 iteration and one of the Imperial version, but it's a solid improvement for the price.

They've also got me slightly hooked on Star Wars again... a slippery slope, I fear!

Grabbed a second Cantina set to expand it and get a full band. Created a Wuher from BL pieces too. Nice to have 2 Dewbacks also... I'll sell the speeder and other figs.

A 75036 battlepack to boast up my 212th force. I wish LEGO would of included one Airborne trooper and three regular 212th troopers.

I just bougth a 10212 imperial shuttle without a box (sealed bags) for 300 dollars. The same guy is offering me a closed 10175 advanced tie figther for 600 dollars. What do you think guys, its a good deal, should i go for it?