KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just got the Star Wars TIE Advanced Prototype set in my local Smyths shop on sale for 47.50 Euro down from 50 for my nephew's upcoming birthday.

Grabbed the Death Star Final Duel set plus another AT-DP and FO TIE Fighter while they're still available and before the June wave. I'm moving apartment in just over a month, so won't be able to do any more building for a while, but I plan to pick up most of the summer sets while I'm in the US in July.

Grabbed the Death Star Final Duel set plus another AT-DP and FO TIE Fighter while they're still available and before the June wave. I'm moving apartment in just over a month, so won't be able to do any more building for a while, but I plan to pick up most of the summer sets while I'm in the US in July.

Does that mean they will be discontinued soon? Was hoping to get one of those next month.

I got the Death Star Final Duel as well, since it was reduced. Nice and quite heavy little set and very stylish. I will write an extensive review on it in the next days :classic:

Does that mean they will be discontinued soon? Was hoping to get one of those next month.

AT-DP is already discontinued... I'd expect the Final Duel will still be available for a little while, maybe until the Rogue One wave comes out? Or the next winter wave. I'd expect the first wave TFA sets to be available until sometime next year (not sure if it's usually 18 months or 2 years that sets stay on shelves, probably depends on the area, although the AT-DP only got 12 months). BTW, are you still looking for normal LEGO blasters?

If you're thinking about buying the Final Duel, and have any desire for it, I suggest you buy it especially if it goes on sale. One of the better sets in a while and lots of useful parts, at least to me.

AT-DP is already discontinued... I'd expect the Final Duel will still be available for a little while, maybe until the Rogue One wave comes out? Or the next winter wave. I'd expect the first wave TFA sets to be available until sometime next year (not sure if it's usually 18 months or 2 years that sets stay on shelves, probably depends on the area, although the AT-DP only got 12 months). BTW, are you still looking for normal LEGO blasters?

Hmm I am hoping it stays available a bit longer then. I want to stagger my purchases out a bit, I have been blowing so much cash on LEGO TFA sets already.

As for blasters I found a dealer locally (well not local to my area but within the country anyway) and the cost there turned out the same as brick linking from overseas. But thanks!

Kind of what I was wondering since there was no picture with the listing, but it was used so we will see. Hopefully everyone was just scared by the no picture.

Kind of what I was wondering since there was no picture with the listing, but it was used so we will see. Hopefully everyone was just scared by the no picture.

Maybe it was built from parts the person had on hand or it's REALLY used.

That is probably true, but for 100 bucks less than list i was willing to give it a risk, I'm probably just going to part it out anyways.

Even if it's just the ship that's not a bad deal. Unless of course it turns out that you only bought a picture of the guy playing with the set.

2014 B-Wing for $30 at a local comic book store, and Utapau Troopers battle pack.

Wow you totally lucked out!

Got another Imperial Troop Transport battle pack.

A brand new set of the Imperial Assault Carrier can be had for around $91-$95 on sale at Walmart, Target and Amazon FYI.

Carbon Freezing Chamber. Really nice to finally have an updated Boba Fett finally although his cape thingy seems a little weird with the stripes. The set itself is alright, it's fun enough. Most sets I think are overpriced nowadays which I don't think is the case. Oddly enough I would've gladly payed another $10 or $20 for a larger set with more figures (Lando and maybe a stormtrooper or two.) and a more complete carbon chamber. I am not going to complain though, what we got for the price of what we got is in my opinion solid enough. Having an Ughnaut is excellent! I love Han's carbonite slab.

Great set!

Droid Escape Pod. All around fantastic set, the best version of the escape pod to date. C-3PO looks great! First two Jaws as well! Unfortunately my R2D2 figure came with some screwy printing so I have to figure out if Lego will send me another dome piece. It's a strange set as there is little serious action (Jawas are not merely as intimidating as Stormtroopers) but it's an awesome one at the same time.

Excellent set!

Edited by Forresto

I spontaneously picked up 75150 (A-wing/TIE Advanced) at Galeria Kaufhof here in Germany for 89 Euros. A decent set for that price in my opinion. I'm also happy with the minifigs included - I mean, lets be real, 3 of them are new, plus I needed another Vader so that I could modify his helmet to be slashed-open for my Ahsoka/Vader Confrontation on Malachor diorama. Now all I need is just one minifig to be released soon... :thumbup:

Carbon Freezing Chamber. Really nice to finally have an updated Boba Fett finally although his cape thingy seems a little weird with the stripes. The set itself is alright, it's fun enough. Most sets I think are overpriced nowadays which I don't think is the case. Oddly enough I would've gladly payed another $10 or $20 for a larger set with more figures (Lando and maybe a stormtrooper or two.) and a more complete carbon chamber. I am not going to complain though, what we got for the price of what we got is in my opinion solid enough. Having an Ughnaut is excellent! I love Han's carbonite slab.

Great set!

Droid Escape Pod. All around fantastic set, the best version of the escape pod to date. C-3PO looks great! First two Jaws as well! Unfortunately my R2D2 figure came with some screwy printing so I have to figure out if Lego will send me another dome piece. It's a strange set as there is little serious action (Jawas are not merely as intimidating as Stormtroopers) but it's an awesome one at the same time.

Excellent set!

Call customer service, have the set number, part number and the proof of purchase number on the back of the instructions and tell them what's wrong. You'll have a new one in 3 weeks. Write down the order number if you don't have VIP login. The customer service number is on the website.

I spontaneously picked up 75150 (A-wing/TIE Advanced) at Galeria Kaufhof here in Germany for 89 Euros. A decent set for that price in my opinion. I'm also happy with the minifigs included - I mean, lets be real, 3 of them are new, plus I needed another Vader so that I could modify his helmet to be slashed-open for my Ahsoka/Vader Confrontation on Malachor diorama. Now all I need is just one minifig to be released soon... :thumbup:

Let's hope the lightsaber blades are the right color or the right lack of color.

Let's hope the lightsaber blades are the right color or the right lack of color.

I'm pretty confident that they are the right colour. The box art with the minifig selection for 75158 clearly shows a lighter blade than the light transparent blue variant we know, and the blue blades on the photo with the model and all minifigures displayed are made blue so that they register against the pure-white background, I guess. Hasn't that occured to anyone, yet? We'll see, but I'm an optimistic person. :classic:

And if they aren't the right colour, I'll just make my own...! :laugh:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

@DarthTwoShedsJackson: I think you're right about them using blue blades against the white background. That's the most logical reason. Besides, LEGO could easily make trans clear 4L bars. There is no reason why they couldn't. As I posted before to the others that were worried, trust the box art.