KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Even though I only collect OT sets, even I know that ^^ is a cracking bargain! I would've been tempted to pick up a PT set like that for that price!

I scour our local car boot every summer sundays, and I've never yet seen a star wars Lego set! I picked up a load of classic He Man figures one week last summer for 50p each and narrowly missed out on a Vader replica helmet ( me: "it's quite big, I'll pick it up on the way back to the car". Vendor promptly sells it to next person who comes along...doh!!!!) but I have yet to even see SW Legoat the 'boot : (

So we built the cantina at the weekend. What a great set. I particulary like how, as with Jabba's palace, the outside looks so good, as well as having a playable interior. I think it really has cross generational appeal. The realistic colours and detailing will please old Star Wars romantics like me. While the way the set opens up, almost like a Polly Pocket set Will please kids. And my son is convinced it includes a bantha. I don't know how he's even heard about banthas!!

I ordered:

75050 B-Wing Starfighter

75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

75055 Imperial Star Destroyer

Really happy to finally get them! :wub:

And we here in the U.S. get to watch our fellow LEGO fans across the pond enjoy the new sets.

Maybe I'm just a wee bit jealous.

:grin:

And we here in the U.S. get to watch our fellow LEGO fans across the pond enjoy the new sets.

Same. I can't wait for these sets. Just dying for the star destroyer

You guys may wait a little longer for release, but over there you seem to get Much better sales discounts and store reductions. The biggest reduction I've seen on a set here in the UK was a measly 20% on battlepacks!

I bought a 75014 Battle of Hoth. It has been off the shelves for some time now and secondary market prices have risen for this set, so I am actually happy getting it for the original, but expensive, €50 MSRP. (I also bought a Mixel and some parts, but that's not really SW-related.)

I bought a 75014 Battle of Hoth. It has been off the shelves for some time now and secondary market prices have risen for this set, so I am actually happy getting it for the original, but expensive, €50 MSRP. (I also bought a Mixel and some parts, but that's not really SW-related.)

I purchased 75014 from Legoland Windsor last summer and I think it's a very nice set : ) the snowspeeder alone is a good little build, in fact my wife helped me build the set and actually admitted to enjoying herself !

Just finished building most of the summer wave : AT-AT, Star Destroyer, Cantina, Ghost and Phantom. The Ghost surprised me with how good it is and even though many seem to be unhappy with the Star Destroyer I actually think its great and bigger than I expected.

You guys may wait a little longer for release, but over there you seem to get Much better sales discounts and store reductions. The biggest reduction I've seen on a set here in the UK was a measly 20% on battlepacks!

Good point. I will be patient and enjoy the better prices. :wink:

Just bought the 2013 Republic Gunship (7502) and it looks great with my original RGS (7163). And yes I went through my dark ages so that's why I bought it so late haha!

9492 Tie Fighter, 9490 Droid Escape, 75025 Jedi Defender Class cruiser and 9500 Sith Fury class Interceptor

All of these to tie me over until Summer wave hits US stores. :)

Sith Fury was a great and fun build while Defender class was complicated but not as enjoyable.

Oh almost forgot 8017 Vaders Tie fighter and also 7657 AT-ST.

Now I need to MOD Vaders Tie in style of 9492!

Finally tracked down a 10134 Y Wing for a price I was willing to bear. Now all that's left is a 10179 MF and my UCS collection {Darth Vader Voice} will be complete.

Best Lego Star Wars purchase. Easy. 7662 MTT complete & boxed for £15 from a local car boot sale.

Yikes! :oh: I paid RRP for mine back when it came out, and I do think it was worth it, so you, sir, have just gotten the Lego bargain of the year!

Bought 75017 Geonosian Duel and 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser. The cruiser is a parts and minifig pack, and 75017 is primarily for the terrific Dooku minifig and to take advantage of a sale at the local Toys'R'Us.

Edited by VK-318

Yikes! :oh: I paid RRP for mine back when it came out, and I do think it was worth it, so you, sir, have just gotten the Lego bargain of the year!

Bought 75017 Geonosian Duel and 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser. The cruiser is a parts and minifig pack, and 75017 is primarily for the terrific Dooku minifig and to take advantage of a sale at the local Toys'R'Us.

What was the sale at Toysrus?

Finally tracked down a 10134 Y Wing for a price I was willing to bear. Now all that's left is a 10179 MF and my UCS collection {Darth Vader Voice} will be complete.

I've had my eye on that set for a few months. What, may I ask, did you end up shelling out for it?

I've had my eye on that set for a few months. What, may I ask, did you end up shelling out for it?

It was $350 canuck bucks previously assembled but in excellent condition. I was getting ready to drop some bigger dollars on a MISB when this appeared locally, and common sense won out and I grabbed it immediately.

I decided that The Ghost & The Phantom deserved to be at home, so I ordered them from Amazon UK :sweet:

so... i found the 7662 MTT for about 120euros (no box tho) ... you guys think it's worth it ?

It was $350 canuck bucks previously assembled but in excellent condition. I was getting ready to drop some bigger dollars on a MISB when this appeared locally, and common sense won out and I grabbed it immediately.

That's a steal.

I got Kashykk troopers and Republic troopers vs Sith troopers, mainly just to get the Retro Classic White Spaceman promo.