lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

Quick update.

0000_1_shopping_centre_090.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_089.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_088.jpg

As you can see the Mister Minit is finished, and a start has been made on the new chemist (drug store).

Comments and suggestions are still quite welcome. :wink:

I made some adjustments to the Mister Minit already while the chemist is taking shape.

0000_1_shopping_centre_087.jpg

I have more of the chemist done later either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Keep on watching ! :grin:

I´ll put my vote to Target and.

And now I ask you help for a little problem. I´m now building a village called Brickside. It is a little place so should I or not build a mall ?

I´ll put my vote to Target and.

And now I ask you help for a little problem. I´m now building a village called Brickside. It is a little place so should I or not build a mall ?

Thanks 'icy', now it's back to Target....come on folks you can decide how it ends up ? :grin:

Now to answer your question 'icy', you said it village....I'm assuming English old school style - I would suggest a high street shopping strip....with a Tesco, post office and Mica hardware store. I know a fair bit about retailers not just in my home country, it all helps my designing.

The chemist gets it's final trim today, photo update in the next five hours. (hopefully :blush:)

Keep those suggestions, etc., comming ! :wink:

Thank you 'Artifex', the coffee shop/kiosk is straight after the chemist completion and then yes, a newsagent. :wink:

Keep on watching and waiting ! :wink:

Well, LT, as usual, I am exited to see what this will end up with. So far, the progress is interesting.

Well, LT, as usual, I am exited to see what this will end up with. So far, the progress is interesting.

Thank you 'laka', I'm currently scratching my head over the newsagent....I must create a stack of newspapers plus a rack full of magazines, but I'll do it.....I always do eh ? :laugh: (hopefully :blush: )

Brick On ! :grin:

Thank you 'laka', I'm currently scratching my head over the newsagent....I must create a stack of newspapers plus a rack full of magazines, but I'll do it.....I always do eh ? :laugh: (hopefully :blush: )

Sure you'll make it :wink: What about some inspiration for the newspaper stack from 74louloute's Paris 1930? Right now, I have no idea for a magasine rack, but most likely, you'll find out something. You are used to think alternatively when it comes to furniture for the shops in your LEGO world. I would just put brick on brick the very traditional way to build furniture.

Stack of Newspapers. Gave me some thought and so I came up with this for you. You'd use white and of course a newspaper on top but it gives you an idea,

5763194486_8997428341_m.jpg

It's 1x1 Flat tiles with a center peg stacked and each one rotated just a bit.

5763196822_7edf47a6ee_m.jpg

Thank you 'LCM' for your suggestion and 'Iaka' for your feedback too. :sweet:

The wheels are already turning in my head, dam it.....looks like I'm doing the newsagent straight after the chemist and I know where to stick it.....can you guess where....clue - yellow ? :wink:

Yes `lightingtiger´ I´ll build a post office,bakery,pizza parlor and a supermarket but the hardware store will be gargo and hardware store. Thanks a lot of your suggestions `lightingtiger´.

Good progress, LT. Any shops in the plan for the ladies minifig? Hair salon? Lingerie shop, etc?

Thanks for the feedback everyone today, first 'jonwil' I'm not sure if Lego will like something to do with gambling and 'dr_spock' I'm planning a ladies fashion store.....suggestions all you Aussie's out there ? :grin:

Now update time !

0000_1_shopping_centre_082.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_083.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_084.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_085.jpg

Comments welcome.....more to come ! :grin:

That might be true 'jonwil', but I have designed or should I say constantly redesigning New Mannum for children to role play with and to show what else can be done in Lego.

I will consider the suggestion, but a ladies fashion store is way above that idea on the to-do-list ! :blush:

I thought now would be a good time to write down what this shopping centre will have in it.

Flight Centre - travel agent

Lowes - menswear store

Vodaphone - mobile phone kiosk

Mister Minit - shoe repair/key cutting kiosk

Chemmart - chemist (drug store)

Right, that's we have got so far....next is...

Newspower - newsagent (kiosk style)

- ladies fashion [un-named as yet]

- bakery [un-named as yet]

- discount store [un-named as yet]

Foodland - supermarket [might not be the only one if BigW or Kmart is chosen to be the DS]

Please feel free to make any realistic suggestions and of course comments always welcome....Brick On ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

I thought now would be a good time to write down what this shopping centre will have in it.

Lowes - menswear store

Foodland - supermarket [might not be the only one if BigW or Kmart is chosen to be the DS]

Please feel free to make any realistic suggestions and of course comments always welcome....Brick On ! :grin:

I was just watching some Robotech/Macross right now and next episode is... "Sweet Sixteen" - what about a ladies fashion named like that? Or maybe "Miss Streisand"? Or "Miss Hepburn"? Yeah, yeah, I know, I know... I've been going through old movies lately... But good movies nevertheless!

Thanks for the suggestion 'Artifex', but I have these actually to choose from......

katies_logo.gifLocalBusiness-Logo-2165-X720.pngsuzanne_grae.jpg

Real life ones I base my creations on.....though if I did a Myers department store it would have a Miss Shop. No don't suggest a Myers department store....not yet anyway.....that would be three or four storey in the ten stud deep store frontages....ouch ! :blush::laugh:

Keep those suggestions and any ideas for the food court, seating and special services comming !

For the bakery, you could make it a Bakers Delight.

When you get to the minifigs, one thing you need is some cleaners cleaning the place (emptying bins etc) and also some security guys.

Plus an information kiosk to tell people where to find stuff.

For the food court, some ideas:

a Donut King

a Subway (I only know of one major shopping centre in Perth that doesn't have a Subway somewhere and they used to have one before it became a Croissant Express)

some sort of Asian (Thai, Indian, Chinese etc)

some sort of sushi

maybe a Hungry Jacks

ice cream place

You should also build a hairdresser for your center

Edited by jonwil

Lowes - menswear store

Here's more:

EB Games

Gametraders

Pets Paradise

I say this is very good work LT

I really like the large windows, they look good, and seeing your custom decal work is very good, however I don't recognize any of the stores, lol because they are all Australian lol

Now all you need is a Qantas Plane at your Airport :wink:

Edited by Macoco

Thanks for the feedback everyone, 'jonwil' yes it most likely will be a Bakers Delight.

Now a QANTAS plane at an airport, well.....it would have to be QANTAS Link twin prop planes and not jets for a small town airport ! :wink: But I have not even put any though to an airport or even an airstrip ! :wink:

In any case I will take any of those and even more ideas onboard to create this Mega-MOC ! :grin:

Thanks again and Brick On Suggest On ! :grin: