XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Article on Rebelscum which tells us this juicy tidbit...

Going commando. Filoni confirmed the appearance of clone commandos, but said it wouldn't be Delta Squad because he doesn't want to mess with that continuity.

Fanboy SCREAM!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/SDCC_TCW_Season_4_Panel_Highlights_139688.asp

And the Star Wars blog which gives us a picture of Fit Fisto shirtless! SQUEAL!

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2011/07/23/comic-con-2011-the-clone-wars-season-4-panel/

Going commando. Filoni confirmed the appearance of clone commandos, but said it wouldn't be Delta Squad because he doesn't want to mess with that continuity.

Well, he's finally learned his lesson, it seems. It's too bad he didn't think of that a few years prior, when they got the idea of including Mandolorians...

So if we're not getting Delta, chances are Omega's out too. As much as I'd like to see them both have a larger role int he series, at least it's for a good cause.

:wall: At long last!

Forbidden love? Ahsoka and Lux may develop an on-screen romance.

Hurray. :facepalm: As if the current teenage 'love' in the PT wasn't bad enough.

Brainstorming the end. Filoni says he's written about eight different possible fates for Ahsoka, but George and the creative team still have yet to settle on one.

:enough: They better be different ways she dies, not eight ways her story ends of which only one is death.

Forbidden love? Ahsoka and Lux may develop an on-screen romance.

Rather cliche, isn't it... :thumbdown:

"Rex doesn't like what the clones are turning into,"

Oh?

Edited by fallenangel309

Oh?

If you're implying we're seeing Nulls, I highly doubt it. If we get Nulls, we needs Skirata. If we get Skirata, we need Omega. And as I've already mentioned, the chances of them are slim. I'm also hoping this new 'no messing with continuity' oath includes everything EU.

If you're implying the irratic behavior, that's slightly more likely, but I still doubt it. The clones we've seen are the 'good soldier' type, and not prone to lashing out. It is possible, I guess, that we may see more of that Null-like behavior in some older clones, but again, I doubt it.

If you're implying clones doing what they please, going on personal missions... I doubt that too, but it could be itneresting. We've already seen traiters, and we know Filoni has some slight RC influance, so it's hard to say.

If you're implying we're seeing Nulls, I highly doubt it. If we get Nulls, we needs Skirata. If we get Skirata, we need Omega. And as I've already mentioned, the chances of them are slim. I'm also hoping this new 'no messing with continuity' oath includes everything EU.

If by EU, you mean the Nulls, Skirata, and Omega, remember that they're part of the same series as Delta Squad. If they're not messing with Delta, Omega, Nulls and Skirata are most likely protected as well.

He said "doesn't want to mess with THAT continuity" not "doesn't want to mess with continuity"

So everything else is still up for butchering :moar::devil_laugh:

Edited by Artanis I

He said "doesn't want to mess with THAT continuity" not "doesn't want to mess with continuity"

So everything else is still up for butchering :moar::devil_laugh:

Good. As a whole, SW cannon(Ugh) need a swift kick in the gonads.

repeatedly.

with steel toe capped boots.

Oh?

'He’s worried that the Republic looks at the clones as more of a disposable army'

He'd be right, they are.

Good. As a whole, SW cannon(Ugh) need a swift kick in the gonads.

repeatedly.

with steel toe capped boots.

I really don't see what's so bad about SW canon. Until tCW came in, the official canon they had was fine and amde sence.

the official canon they had was fine and amde sence.

(as opposed to your post :tongue: )

Well, from a certain point of view. :laugh:

A lot of the older canonicity discrepancies originated from non-Lucas stories written in a universe that wasn't very developed yet and didn't have a set storyline. CW, coming after multiple novel series, six movies, three major multimedia releases, countless other 'approved' publications, and people in charge of maintaining the storyline doesn't have that excuse.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if my geekiness serves me correctly, during the Clone Wars, Dengar hadn't had his Swoop Bike accident yet, so when he appears he won't shouldn't have his face-wraps. :hmpf_bad:

And if they decided to make an episode of the Dengar's crash, they would have to include a young Han Solo. I don't think anyone really wants that.

How do you guys think they'll do that character?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if my geekiness serves me correctly, during the Clone Wars, Dengar hadn't had his Swoop Bike accident yet, so when he appears he won't shouldn't have his face-wraps. :hmpf_bad:

And if they decided to make an episode of the Dengar's crash, they would have to include a young Han Solo. I don't think anyone really wants that.

How do you guys think they'll do that character?

Chances are they may change any non film explanation of back stories, i.e. Grievous wanted to be a Jedi and voluntary underwent cyborging instead of a shuttle crash, so they could change Dengars story is they think of a more exciting one. I doubt they will include young Han in CW 4, more likely in CW 5.

Chances are they may change any non film explanation of back stories, i.e. Grievous wanted to be a Jedi and voluntary underwent cyborging instead of a shuttle crash, so they could change Dengars story is they think of a more exciting one. I doubt they will include young Han in CW 4, more likely in CW 5.

Well, Filoni said he didn't want to touch Han's story, so we won't be seeing him at all.

Personally, they did a good job of Gervious in Lair of Gerivous. They didn't outright say the shuttle crash story was false, they jsut added a possible element to it.

Well, Filoni said he didn't want to touch Han's story, so we won't be seeing him at all.

Personally, they did a good job of Gervious in Lair of Gerivous. They didn't outright say the shuttle crash story was false, they just added a possible element to it.

All they did was show spare heads as a "decoration" so I agree with you there. Damn for Dengar being before the crash, nothing to hide his ugly CW face When made in Lego :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Jedi master Brick

Damn for Dengar being before the crash, nothing to hide his ugly CW face When made in Lego :hmpf_bad:

:laugh: That's true!

And I did remember Filoni saying he didn't want to include young Han. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Damn for Dengar being before the crash, nothing to hide his ugly CW face When made in Lego :hmpf_bad:

:laugh:.

Edited by Mr Man

Look, I know they're really trying to emphasize the "realism" with this show, but in the process they're sucking the life out of what could be (or in the case of the Mon Calmari battle, were once) awesome fight scenes. IMO, The Clone Wars features some of the weakest battle physics in any cartoon I have ever watched. There's a suprising lack of impact to almost all of the blows, whether they be from lightsabers or blasters or rockets, and the characters all seem to move rather sluggishly compared to the original Clone Wars series or even the live action movies. I don't know why exactly the show has this feeling, but it makes what is trying to be an incredibly epic production into one that feels rather muted to me. Thus far, however, I don't believe I've talked to anyone who agrees with me on this, so I won't be suprised if you guys think I'm crazy too. :tongue:

That looks amazing! Finaly, Anakin is kinda turning bad again.

Look, I know they're really trying to emphasize the "realism" with this show, but in the process they're sucking the life out of what could be (or in the case of the Mon Calmari battle, were once) awesome fight scenes. IMO, The Clone Wars features some of the weakest battle physics in any cartoon I have ever watched. There's a surprising lack of impact to almost all of the blows, whether they be from lightsabers or blasters or rockets, and the characters all seem to move rather sluggishly compared to the original Clone Wars series or even the live action movies. I don't know why exactly the show has this feeling, but it makes what is trying to be an incredibly epic production into one that feels rather muted to me. Thus far, however, I don't believe I've talked to anyone who agrees with me on this, so I won't be surprised if you guys think I'm crazy too. :tongue:

Most sci-fi has surprisingly low yield rockets and explosives, to drive character action and 1 to one fights. But I agree about the Blaster situation entirely. The clones and droids here suffer more from the 'Stormtrooper Effect' than the atchual stormtroopers they are all so astonishingly inaccurate. As for the lightsabres it would seem that the Jedi as a whole took a massive power-down in this series. Watch how quickly Obi and Qui-Gon took on the BDs in the hanger on Naboo in TPM, and see how long it takes even Mace in CW to take out less droids. Thought the Jedi in the original CW series where ridiculously overpowered compared with the films, that is more like how a ninja monk drunk on the living force should fight.

The main reason for the more slow motion scenes seems to be just establishing characters, continuing the story (Jedi or clones taking a call whilst fighting and not getting hit) or comic relief moments (BD talking whilst not getting hit).

Finaly, Anakin is kinda turning bad again.

Well seems to be killing slavers or something. They really need to ramp up the Darknesstm in this series for him.