XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

I wouldn't say I'm really that excited to see Maul back in this series, as I still prefer the more calm and mysterious non-speaking persona of the original Maul in TPM. And he hates Obi-Wan so much? Well, if he wasn't dumb in the first place... :hmpf:

For good measure, Obi-wan should probably severe Maul's head this time just to be sure.

"So uncivilized."

Maybe he still has the one Obi cut in half.

Now I start to think the new LEGO figure is actually a CW figure. They included black legs instead of the new robot legs. :wacko:

He does. Filoni confirmed that it is, in fact, the same lightsaber.

Thanks for the preview! I hope Dengar gets a bigger role, but even just the cameo is cool enough, and I like the voice they have for him. It looks like this arc will be really good.

The one thing I was thinking about is Palpatine's reaction to Maul still being alive. I wonder if he has any inkling of the fact that he survived, or if this will be a big surprise to him a make him wonder if Maul was more powerful than he gave him credit for. Also, did Maul ever know about Palpatine's role in the Invasion of Naboo, and the fact that he was facilitating from both sides? If so, will he remember, or will he be to consumed by his hate and revenge towards the Jedi?

How are Boba, Bossk and Embo out of jail?

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that Embo was brought to jail in the first place,

but before that, a disguised Obi-Wan broke out of the jail Bossk and Boba were in with Cad Bane and Moralo Eval,

and because of that, many others managed to escape as well. If not, it should be explained in the episode.

~ General Magma

How are Boba, Bossk and Embo out of jail?

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that Embo was brought to jail in the first place,

but before that, a disguised Obi-Wan broke out of the jail Bossk and Boba were in with Cad Bane and Moralo Eval,

and because of that, many others managed to escape as well. If not, it should be explained in the episode.

~ General Magma

As General Magma said, Bossk and Boba escaped during the prison break.

Embo was not in jail, and he escaped after confronting Anakin and Mace on Naboo.

Only Moralo Eval and Cad Bane were arrested in "Crisis on Naboo".

"Bounty" preview:

I would love to see a cameo of Embo in the OT, not messing around making Ewoks blink or adding pointless rocks.

~ General Magma

But, if Bossk had escaped, I am sure Dooku would summon him as he is one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy.

Edited by CaptainCRO

But, if Bossk had escaped, I am sure Dooku would summon him as he is one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy.

He already knew who he wanted. The only reason "Hardeen" was allowed in was because he was there. Had he not been there, he would not have participated.

(The real reason that Boba, Bossk, and Sing (or Dengar) were not there was because cannon fodder was needed.)

I'd guess Bossk was still with Boba, and Dooku wouldn't allow Boba in. Also, Bossk simply could have chosen not to work for Dooku because of the risk of being double-crossed.

The one thing I was thinking about is Palpatine's reaction to Maul still being alive. I wonder if he has any inkling of the fact that he survived, or if this will be a big surprise to him a make him wonder if Maul was more powerful than he gave him credit for. Also, did Maul ever know about Palpatine's role in the Invasion of Naboo, and the fact that he was facilitating from both sides? If so, will he remember, or will he be to consumed by his hate and revenge towards the Jedi?

I guess he'll try to kill him, and I'd say he knows Palpatine's true identity. That's probably why the Jedi want Maul alive. It's an incredible opportunity to determine the true identity of the second Sith Lord, and Sidious knows that as well.

I think that "Massacre" was the cruelest episode I've ever seen so far. Grievous was portrayed as a coward, although a great warrior (no cough in this episode). Like expected, Ventress is alone again. I have to admit that she probably has become my favorite character in this show.

Edited by Brickadeer

Man, when you thought the geonosian zombies were creepy...

"Massacre" is one of the best episodes of the show, IMO. I really liked the action of this one. The return of the Defoliator and the MTTs deploying Super Battle Droids were nice surprises.

But it was also a very gruesome episode with those zombies, Talzin coming out of Dooku's chest and such.

It's kinda sad that all the nightsisters died, I was rooting for them... Well, the title pretty much gave this away.

In anticipation of the coming arc, someone as written a brief history of the Nightsisters and Dathomir, including an interesting link to the Mortis Arc: http://star-wars.suvudu.com/2012/02/magic-of-star-wars.html

If I remember correctly, Filoni stated somewhere that Mortis would not be a single, an isolated arc, but that it would be refered to in later episodes. I'm looking forward to it :classic:

The most interesting idea the author cites is that Mother Talzin described Dathomir as a place being closer to the source of the witches' power than other places.

I always wondered if the cave on Dagobah actually was a place where the dark side of the force was strong, or if Yoda just made him believe so.

I guess he'll try to kill him, and I'd say he knows Palpatine's true identity. That's probably why the Jedi want Maul alive. It's an incredible opportunity to determine the true identity of the second Sith Lord, and Sidious knows that as well.

I think that "Massacre" was the cruelest episode I've ever seen so far. Grievous was portrayed as a coward, although a great warrior (no cough in this episode). Like expected, Ventress is alone again. I have to admit that she probably has become my favorite character in this show.

I think Palpatine will have to be very careful here. When he learns that Maul is alive, I think he will become afraid, more than we've ever seen him before, but he will have to hide it. This may become one of the only times he actually wants the Jedi to win.

"Massacre" was a really good episode. I thought they showed Grievous to be more powerful and a better leader than they have before. The fact he is a coward is just way he is, there is no avoiding it. But I liked how ruthless he was.

Dooku's torture was pretty gruesome (for this show, at least), but it really showed how vulnerable he can be. But, the one thing that left me thinking 'Huh?' was the fact that Talzin just disappeared. Is she dead? Will she play a role later in the arc? Could she be the one to destroy Oppress? I'm excited to see how this all pans out!

After seeing the preview for "Bounty", I think that Dengar's injuries have been retconned.

Originally, he was injured in a swoop race with Han Solo, and he was treated by the Empire's best doctors. Obviously that can't be true, as the Empire does not exist yet, but he already has his bandages. I wonder what really happened to him. Perhaps it will be dealt with in the upcoming episodes.

After seeing the preview for "Bounty", I think that Dengar's injuries have been retconned.

Originally, he was injured in a swoop race with Han Solo, and he was treated by the Empire's best doctors. Obviously that can't be true, as the Empire does not exist yet, but he already has his bandages. I wonder what really happened to him. Perhaps it will be dealt with in the upcoming episodes.

Probably something along these lines:

During the CW, Dengar wears the bandages to intimidate his prey. In an ironic twist of fate, when he is injured in the race with Solo, the bandages become necessary for his survival.

I hate retcons. :hmpf:

Probably something along these lines:

During the CW, Dengar wears the bandages to intimidate his prey. In an ironic twist of fate, when he is injured in the race with Solo, the bandages become necessary for his survival.

I hate retcons. :hmpf:

That would not be a retcon. It would just be more of the story.

That would not be a retcon. It would just be more of the story.

It would be a (very, very minor) retcon in that it would change the canon background behind his bandages. (the reason for the necessity of them would remain the same, but their origin would be changed)

I am SO happy Simon Pegg is in this! He is one of the funniest people, and I feel he fits well in the SW universe. I've always imaging Dehgar with a much more American accent, but Pegg's voice fits well with the character. Now I'm really excited for this episode!

Robot Chicken has really "destroyed" any hope I had for Dengar. This sneak peek has made him out to be a decent character but I just hope he isn't just a throwaway character appearance and we get to see more of him later. What I want to see now is Zuckuss and 4-LOM making an appearance.