XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Why couldn't they put Tarpal with his military career on Mon Cal?

Well technically, Jar-Jar had a military career as well.

'Technically' is pushing it. He spent 1 battle bumbling around like a moron. He's been a senator longer.

(I'm still convinced making Jar jar be responsible for the CW was a big megabluck You Audience for not liking him in TPM from George Lucas)

(I'm still convinced making Jar jar be responsible for the CW was a big megabluck You Audience for not liking him in TPM from George Lucas)

The second best thing about the prequel trilogy is this :laugh:.

Not good, what was shaping up to be a good arc is now looking bad. Anyway the only bit of PT I would let CW change is they kill Jar jar, he has such a minor role in ROTS and they can give him an entertaining death :laugh::devil:

As far as we know, Jar Jar is frozen in carbonite in somebody's office and will stay that way.

EDIT: @lightningtiger - kind of an uninspired design, don't you think? :sceptic:

Edited by fallenangel309

Well, inspired design.....looks plain - very plain indeed which means Lego might bring it out as a set.....good if they do - customise it ! :laugh:

Plus Jar Jar in Ep.1 was a general, why ? His people are mad maybe ? :laugh:

Rex doesn't die, it wouldn't be canon if he did.....I believe there is a story after ROTS where Obi-wan uses his mind trick skills to tell Cody and Rex not to kill him...well so I have been told by a friend. :blush:

Who doesn't want those aqua-clones eh ? Oh, they could go in a battle pack ? :grin:

Rex doesn't die, it wouldn't be canon if he did.....I believe there is a story after ROTS where Obi-wan uses his mind trick skills to tell Cody and Rex not to kill him...well so I have been told by a friend. :blush:

I haven't heard of that anywhere. :look:

I haven't heard of that anywhere. :look:

Odd, just read another story saying Cody was killed and somehow Rex is ordered to protect Ahsoka on Naboo by Obi-Wan - dam this Wiki stuff - there must be more clues when season four starts. :wink:

Odd, just read another story saying Cody was killed and somehow Rex is ordered to protect Ahsoka on Naboo by Obi-Wan - dam this Wiki stuff - there must be more clues when season four starts. :wink:

The Clone Wars season 4 episodes of the Star Wars The Clone Wars television show TV series start airing on the Cartoon Network on Friday 16 September 2011 at 8 PM Eastern Pacific in the United States of America with 22 new episodes for season 4.

Source:

http://www.starwarsclonewars.net/season_4_iv_four_4th_fourth_series_4_four_2011/episode_guide_episodes_list_episode_guides_listing_lists_listings/season_4_four_iv_fourth_4th.html

The Clone Wars season 4 episodes of the Star Wars The Clone Wars television show TV series start airing on the Cartoon Network on Friday 16 September 2011 at 8 PM Eastern Pacific in the United States of America with 22 new episodes for season 4.

Source:

http://www.starwarsclonewars.net/season_4_iv_four_4th_fourth_series_4_four_2011/episode_guide_episodes_list_episode_guides_listing_lists_listings/season_4_four_iv_fourth_4th.html

Any idea when it comes out in England?

Source:

And Australia has to wait months for it to come to our shores.....we are still haven't finished season three yet ! :hmpf_bad:

As I said I would, here's that CW S4 promo now up on youtube! :sweet:

Looks great, is that a grey Y-wing I spy :wub:.

Edited by Mr Man

I was reading an article on IGN about this season and came across this depressing bit of news:

IGN: Speaking of Kamino, I've got to ask… The Republic Commandos made their cameo on that planet, but might there be more with them?

Filoni: I'll be very honest about that, because I don't like fans to build up to something that's not going to happen. They're not a major arc. They really haven't shown up again. I wouldn't look for them. And a lot of that just comes with them not really being one of the movie things. They're a much more EU-centered item. And I was able to get them in to that episode in a cameo role and I think there was a great reaction from it. Everyone loved it. If we did it, we definitely wouldn't deal with that particular squad, because there's been so much written about them. I think one of the other things is we have such a great development of Rex that we really want to keep telling Rex's story and things centered around Rex. But it's on the radar. It's just that there are so many characters fighting for space. I can think of an instance in the future where one might show up, but not a Commando that anyone knows. And that would be more the route we'd go, is create some other guys, some new guys than the Delta Squad that we saw in the Nightsisters episode. But I wanted to get that cameo in there for LucasArts, for the guys that made the game, because they did such great work and there were so many fans of them. So why not?

This goes against what Filoni had said in another interview before where he touts the fact that the commandos would be included in this season and implied that they would have a much bigger role this year. And what the heck is he saying about not including them because they aren't in the movies and are more an EU thing? Come on, I mean half the crap they put in the shows come from the EU. The Nightsisters got three freaking episodes and there is not much that is more EU than those guys. Color me disappointed. More Mortis and less commandos=fail

If they had included Delta Squad in a big way everybody would've cried foul because they 'messed up Delta Squad' or something. Honestly, the way they did it was very smart and very cool. Fans who knew what they were got to see Delta Squad in a small way that couldn't possibly mess them up.

I hate Mortis too, but working with Rex or any other clones that the show writers make up is a smart move. Those Clone episodes are always cool, and they in no way mess up things that have been previously done in the EU.

The idea was that they were going to develop a new Commando squad and feature them rather than take away from Delta and their history. It sounds like we might get a glimpse of a lone commando but no squad and no major story time. Please tell me you are not serious about messing up the continuity of Star Wars. George could care less about that. Have you seen what they are doing to the movies on the blu-rays?

I didn't say anything about them not messing up EU stuff. What I said was that they are at least leaving one thing alone (Delta Squad). I would think people should be thankful about that. Obviously they have messed with plenty of other things, and obviously they don't care (Filoni said so explicitly about Piell). But for once they decided not to with the Commandos. Just because they don't care most of the time, Filoni is still aware that he is messing things up. Isn't it good of him to decide not to for once?

It's no secret that I am no advocate of the CW series where canonicity is concerned, but I feel I should point out that if Delta Squad was included, the canonicity guys (including myself) would complain, and if they didn't put them in, the commando fans would complain. People are going to complain either way. I feel they handled it nicely, including a cameo as a nod to the RC fans. RC fans appreciate the reference and the fact that the continuity isn't messed up, and the kids who don't know RC just say 'Ooh! Another cool clone!'.

That said, while I personally think that there are too many special ops troops (after all, these are the predecessors of the Stormtroopers we're talking about, and in the OT movies we only see three Stormtrooper variants - the Snowie, Scout, and Pilot; though the OT-era EU authors are guilty of creating lots of variants, too), I think that CW has gone so far with the special troop types that there's no turning back, and to include a different squad of commandos would have been a good way to continue satisfying the kids who are 'new clone' fans while not actually adding yet another type of Elite Ultra Whatever Clone.

Perhaps you gents misunderstood me. I have no problem with them not including Delta squad in the show. That is completely fine. What I am disappointed in is the fact that they are not taking any opportunity to focus on Commandos at all. I would love to see a new squad built from the ground up and watch them develop as characters. I also agree that there are a lot of special forces in the Clone Wars but none of them have seemed very "special." Even the ARC troopers, instead of being shown as highly trained black ops members seem more like regular cannon fodder with cooler uniforms. Hence my interest in the inclusion of any commandos at all.

Perhaps you gents misunderstood me. I have no problem with them not including Delta squad in the show. That is completely fine. What I am disappointed in is the fact that they are not taking any opportunity to focus on Commandos at all. I would love to see a new squad built from the ground up and watch them develop as characters. I also agree that there are a lot of special forces in the Clone Wars but none of them have seemed very "special." Even the ARC troopers, instead of being shown as highly trained black ops members seem more like regular cannon fodder with cooler uniforms. Hence my interest in the inclusion of any commandos at all.

While I agree that it would be really cool to introduce a commando squad and develop their characters, the problem is the series has clearly failed in doing that (so far) to the "main clone trooper" in the series - Rex, what more introducing new clone characters so late into the storyline. I think the best we'd get is Fives' and Echo's multiple appearances (showing their development from cadets, rookies, to being part of the famed 501st), or probably a single episode showcasing a commando squad - but more than that? I don't think the series have the time to insert them that deep into the storyline since from what we're seeing now the focus is more on the events of the CW and on main characters which they have previously 'forgotten'. Which brings me to my next point in relation to the article above, I'm most looking forward to Rex's story arc - it's about time they give him more screen time and character development, particularly how they'll tackle his fate (and eventual absence in RoTS).

That's all I really want, to have a few episodes dedicated or at least featuring heavily some new Commando squad. I certainly don't expect them to be recurring characters in the show. Just want them to have their five minutes of fame and then fade off in to the obscurity of the EU. That's all, not too elaborate. I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe....

That's all I really want, to have a few episodes dedicated or at least featuring heavily some new Commando squad. I certainly don't expect them to be recurring characters in the show. Just want them to have their five minutes of fame and then fade off in to the obscurity of the EU. That's all, not too elaborate. I'm just a simple man, trying to make his way in the universe....

:grin: It's always nice to have a certain other sci-fi show to fall back on.

It seems bizarre to me that the commandos would get left out of the show. From what I've read, it seems that Filoni wants to put them in, but can't. They would do so well in the show, too. A large fanbase is hoping to see them, and they fulfill the special-ops role that has been otherwise played by regular troopers and, of all people, a senator and a clumsy Gungan.

I'm not sure I'd want to see some, I don't think they fit into the show well. I would really love another game, or more novels featuring them, but I don't think RCs and TCW could coexist well without messing up even more Karen Traviss stuff, or even bringing up the whole idea of the RC novels with the Jedi as incompetent, troubled personalities, and so on. Also, the RCs sren't able to cooperate with the other characters, as they are supposed not to. And a whole episode introducing some completely new characters, which the kids propably haven't even heard of before, and regarding all the existing characters in the movie, would be quite abstruse. Also, those who are unfamiliar with the RC stuff, propably won't even see the difference from the other clones, who are doing all the things the RCs are doing in the game as well. Also, you'd have to decide with version you'd take (the game or the novel version), so that they either can revive themselves and you have to introduce and explain the different versions of the DC-17m, personal shields and extra-solid armors, or you'd go with the complicated Karen Traviss version, which contradicts TCW in some points; for example the Mandalorian mercs, who are non-existent or DW-terrorists in TCW. in TCW the Dominoes' training pretty much resembles the RCs, taking on a lot of Droids all by themselves, infiltrating "the citadel", personal training by bounty hunters etc. And as some people mentioned before, we have about a hundret of republic intelligence servises and special clone trooper forces, and I think it would just confuse people.

I'm glad about the cameo nonetheless, they could have given them about a minute more time on the show, but that's all, IMO.