XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Oh how wrong we were!

I think we all thought that. People didn't camp out to buy tickets for Menace for nothing.

So getting cut in half and falling a few hundred meters no longer kills someone :hmpf_bad:

Well, he got cut in half from the waist-with some Force healing he could live. But he fell in the reactor core of Naboo, so unless he magically grabbed on to something, he would've disintegrated on the stop-nothing you can do there. I just don't see how Maul will be incorporated into CW...if he's alive, I'm gonna have to go to Skywalker Ranch. :hmpf_bad:

Well, he got cut in half from the waist-with some Force healing he could live. But he fell in the reactor core of Naboo, so unless he magically grabbed on to something, he would've disintegrated on the stop-nothing you can do there. I just don't see how Maul will be incorporated into CW...if he's alive, I'm gonna have to go to Skywalker Ranch. :hmpf_bad:

Best guess is that Maul is going to come back as a spirit-type character. Star Wars is still not very developed where Force ghosts and the afterlife are concerned. There are some things established as far as the differences between Jedi and Sith/Dark Jedi, but when you take into account how much of the EU the CW show has already rendered non-canon or ambiguously canon, I wouldn't be surprised if they change things. It wouldn't contradict the movies, since the only mention of Sith and the afterlife is the story of Darth Plagueis, and that isn't very specific either. Having Maul return as a spirit/Force ghost wouldn't go against the higher G-canon status of the movies and would override the C-canon status of the EU.

That could even be a major reason for the Darth Plagueis novel being resurrected - to retcon and/or redefine the rules of Dark Side users and the afterlife.

Or it could be as simple as someone managing to clone Maul.

Or it could be as simple as someone managing to clone Maul.

Why would anyone want to clone someone Obi Wan sliced in half first time he engaged him? :laugh: Your first explanation appears to be more sound to me!

And will the next season hurry up?! We're up to 19 pages already, before it's even aired an episode...

Why would anyone want to clone someone Obi Wan sliced in half first time he engaged him? :laugh: Your first explanation appears to be more sound to me!

Just touching on a simpler possibility. Besides, maybe said clone was started before the events of Menace.

So getting cut in half and falling a few hundred metres no longer kills someone :hmpf_bad:

So cutting someone's arms and legs off and leaving them to have their lungs and large parts of their flesh burnt off no longer kills someone :wink:.

So cutting someone's arms and legs off and leaving them to have their lungs and large parts of their flesh burnt off no longer kills someone :wink:.

Come on, this is Star Wars, where the laws of physics are defied in practically every other scene! :tongue:

I just watched the Season 3 trailer. Here's what I got fromit.

-Anakin vs Senate Commando :sceptic:

-Cody in Phase 2

-501st in Phase 2 :sweet:

-Togruta slaves?

-Anakin going all Dark Side on slavers

-Asajj vs Commando droids, meaning Dooku is still after her

-Slaver or bounty hunter with a clone looking helmet (Another deserter?)

-Ahsoka in a Death Watch fight with Lex from S2

-Clones on a spooky planet...

-New Wolfpack armor! :cry_happy:

IGN has several new season 4 pictures up, including one of Padme in a new battle gear. Probably her first and only good gear in the series :tongue:

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/826/826173/imgs_1.html

-Anakin vs Senate Commando :sceptic:

-Asajj vs Commando droids, meaning Dooku is still after her

-Ahsoka in a Death Watch fight with Lex from S2

-Clones on a spooky planet...

-Possibly a bad guy in disguise. Or just a traitor.

-And sends Grievous to fight Ventress instead of doing it himself. Typical Dooku :hmpf:

-"Lux" and "Season 3".

-Umbara.

default_wacko.gif

You know, the whole cloning thing was neat back in the days of Joruus and Luuke, but now that there are clones fighting wars and reviving people that should have been left dead a long time ago, I think it's getting a bit old. default_sceptic.gif

Clones fighting wars I'm fine with- it's been implyed since ANH. Reviving dead people not only is cheesy, stupid and pathetic- even for tCW- but it's also sure to mess up canon somewhere.

Clones fighting wars I'm fine with- it's been implyed since ANH. Reviving dead people not only is cheesy, stupid and pathetic- even for tCW- but it's also sure to mess up canon somewhere.

Agreed. The Palpatine's Clones storyline is about the only post-Jedi period I refuse to read.

:wacko:

You know, the whole cloning thing was neat back in the days of Joruus and Luuke, but now that there are clones fighting wars and reviving people that should have been left dead a long time ago, I think it's getting a bit old. :sceptic:

Cloning has esentially become the catch-all excuse for star wars writers to resurect any dead character that they want to use in their productions. Galaxy too hopeful because of the lack of the Emperor? No problem, here's a clone. Darth Maul too cool of a character to be introduced and killed off in a single movie by George Lucas? Not to worry, here's another clone. The reason nobody was bothered by it when Timothy Zahn feature cloning in his books was because the story actually made a big deal about it instead of just using it to, say, bring Darth Vader back from the grave just because he's awesome enough that he deserves to be immortal. The problem with this mindset is, if the character is actually memorable enough, he will already be immortal in the eyes of fans and the general popular culture, so there's no need to actually resurect him cannonically.

But hey, this is Star Wars we're talking about, which has essentially become the ultimate regressive universe. For all my hatred of The Clone Wars, it's not the most obnoxious element of the canon to me. That would be the Legacy comic book, whose entire purpose seemed to be to establish that the Star Wars universe never actually experiences any lasting change. At least George Lucas's current pet TV show is merely making an already lame eara even more pointless, whereas Legacy esentially showed that the most compelling era of storylines and characters was all for naught. It's become pretty clear that the Star Wars universe is not so much one of progression as it is recycling. No matter how long some rebellion or Jedi order fights to protect the galaxy, a few hundred years later it will inevitably be back to being a crap-sack world ruled by a maniacal Sith lord. This is why my personal canon only consists of a few significant things: the first Force Unleashed game, the Original Trilogy, and Timothy Zahn's Thrawn novels. If you take only those stories into consideration, you come out with a rather unified saga that starts out at the formation of the Empire and slowly has the rebel alliance and then the New Republic restore relative peace and order to the galaxy. Not so if you go back either earlier or later in time, especially to the point when you cross over into a whole new but still rather similiar era. /rant

Edited by Zarkan

Here are the first four episode titles.

Episode 1: Water War

Episode 2: Gungan Attack

Episode 3: Prisoners

Episode 4: Shadow Warrior

The first three are from the same arc, while Shadow Warrior is the first in a four-part arc on the Umbara Planet! Where we see that Besalisk Jedi (General Krell) in action! :sweet:

Here's a description as well: "In the first two episodes of this three-part story arc, the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari find themselves on the brink of a civil war. The Jedi soon realize they will need the help of a powerful and amphibious ally to stop the war and drive out the Separatist invaders."

Confirmed via Wookiepedia and the owner of Mastertoons.com!

The reason nobody was bothered by it when Timothy Zahn feature cloning in his books was because the story actually made a big deal about it instead of just using it to, say, bring Darth Vader back from the grave just because he's awesome enough that he deserves to be immortal.

That, and the fact that back then cloning in Star Wars was relatively new. (other than the mention the Clone Wars got in A New Hope) The plot of the Thrawn trilogy (and the Hand of Thrawn duology) was original.

Of course, Star Wars as a whole is highly focused on villains trying to gain control of the galaxy and then live forever. First it was Palpatine cloning himself. Then it was Palpatine and Bane taking over other people's bodies. Then there was Plagueis - obsessed with midichlorians. Then writers get bored with that stuff, so in the very Legacy series you mention, they take a Clone Wars Jedi, introduce extragalactic biotechnology, and make him live for 200 years.

Here are the first four episode titles.

Hmmm. Seems it all starts off with an attack on the Naboo.

Hmmm. Seems it all starts off with an attack on the Naboo.

The first three are supposed to be the Mon Cal arc. "Gungan Attack" in the middle of that isn't sounding very promising. :sceptic:

The first three are supposed to be the Mon Cal arc. "Gungan Attack" in the middle of that isn't sounding very promising. :sceptic:

"In the first two episodes of this three-part story arc, the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari find themselves on the brink of a civil war. The Jedi soon realize they will need the help of a powerful and amphibious ally to stop the war and drive out the Separatist invaders."

The first arc is basically a mixture. The first episode is all Mon Calamari, then, when they feel the battle could be hopeless, they call on the Gungans for help. At some point I believe Anakin is captured, brought to Naboo, where Padme talks to Dooku, and Padme tries to free Anakin. The rest I'm not sure of. "Gungan Attack" refers to the Gungans coming to Mon Calamari to aid the Republic/Mon Calamari.

By the way, there was a TV promo for season 4 earlier today. Had some pretty epic explosions and such. We also got to heard the Bealisk, "General Krell" speak for the first.

General Krell

‎"We have to throw everything we've got at them"

"In the first two episodes of this three-part story arc, the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari find themselves on the brink of a civil war. The Jedi soon realize they will need the help of a powerful and amphibious ally to stop the war and drive out the Separatist invaders."

I hope it's Boss Nass

Who am I kidding, it's going to be a Jar Jar episode isn't it? Naboo was like 12 years ago. Hasn't what little goodwill the senate built up for him completely disappeared yet?

Not good, what was shaping up to be a good arc is now looking bad. Anyway the only bit of PT I would let CW change is they kill Jar jar, he has such a minor role in ROTS and they can give him an entertaining death :laugh::devil:

Seems that Jar-Jar will be with the Gungans. Sorry SimonJedi and other Jar-Jar haters...

NOO! Jar-Jar is coming back! Why couldn't they put Tarpal with his military career on Mon Cal? Anyway, on that commercial, the clone that said, "Take cover!", was that Rex, or just an ARC trooper? Whoever it was got thrown by the explosion, maybe dead? :sceptic: If it's Rex i'm gonna cry... :cry_sad: