XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

Why is a gungan beating him up in series 4 then :tongue:

It's a magic gungan :devil:.

Maybe they should re/introduce Durge if GG gets to be too week or boring this season or next.

Well when CW first came out I got a free poster from the Mirror that says:

So Brickdoctor/Fallenangel, where does free posters from terrible 'newspapers' fit in with your canon?

So Brickdoctor/Fallenangel, where does free posters from terrible 'newspapers' fit in with your canon?

Since that information apparently came from a CW interview, it would be T-canon, overriding the established backstory of C-canon status.

I should point out that I like to follow the rules when it comes to canonicity, and if the writers decide something should be rewritten, so be it. I might not like it or agree with it, but I will consider it the new canon backstory.

Edited by Brickdoctor

It's not just the poster and interview. A few other sources state something similar as well, including the Clone Wars Visual Guide. So face it, people, it's canon... Until they retcon it again, anyway. :sceptic:

'terrible 'newspapers''

*oh2* it's not.

Since that information apparently came from a CW interview, it would be T-canon, overriding the established backstory of C-canon status.

I think that the wanting to beat Jedi backstory is more fitting with GG 'Proud Warrior Race Guy' origins. He wants to be the best warrior around and by his choice not forced into it to be saved by death to become a pawn for Dooku.

Though that wouldn't be so bad, because in Menace Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon don't seem that surprised or intimidated by Maul.

They were definitely surprised by his appearance on Tatooine. And the report was "...I/we think he may be a Sith..."

Weren't the Sith were thought to be extinct prior to the events of Menace? :wacko:

So said the Jedi High Council.

Even if GG gets GG'd (see what I did there :hmpf: ...) and rebuilt/rebirthed whatever, how would you explain the presence of the cough in Ep III? I think what should've happened is that he only had 2 arms for the entirety of The Clone Wars - giving him an excuse to suck in it, then get an upgrade for the movie and unleash some awesome with a "Surprise General Kenobi, I've now got 4 arms!" "Well, Grievous, I've always had forearms" (in typical Obi Wan wit) :laugh:

They were definitely surprised by his appearance on Tatooine. And the report was "...I/we think he may be a Sith..."

I think Brickdoctor was making a reference to Ewan and Liam's acting skills. :laugh:

Even if GG gets GG'd (see what I did there :hmpf: ...) and rebuilt/rebirthed whatever, how would you explain the presence of the cough in Ep III? I think what should've happened is that he only had 2 arms for the entirety of The Clone Wars - giving him an excuse to suck in it, then get an upgrade for the movie and unleash some awesome with a "Surprise General Kenobi, I've now got 4 arms!" "Well, Grievous, I've always had forearms" (in typical Obi Wan wit) :laugh:

If we were to keep the '03 series canon, both Grievous' cough and his four arms would be adequately explained. Actually, it may even be plausible to revise the canon in such a way that both accounts of Grievous' origins are kept - say, Grievous first enhanced himself in order to become more powerful (in accordance with the 'revised' backstory as given by Filoni), then was rebuilt with a more powerful body after Dooku crashed his shuttle (thus maintaining the vehemence toward the Jedi that would fuel his agressive lightsaber fighting style). Tell me if this would conflict with any existing canon (aside from the obvious fact that the shuttle crash would have to take place well into the war).

So said the Jedi High Council.

:wall: How could I forget that? :blush:

"Surprise General Kenobi, I've now got 4 arms!" "Well, Grievous, I've always had forearms" (in typical Obi Wan wit) :laugh:

:snicker:

In any case, I don't see the current portrayal of Grievous changing. Though they said that at the end the whole storyline would be clarified to make sense, I doubt they made a new higher level of canonicity just for CW with no intention of just having CW override everything.

I doubt they made a new higher level of canonicity just for CW with no intention of just having CW override everything.

Having TCW override books and comics is no problem, the problem starts when TCW clashes with CW and ROTS. They should have been more careful with GG especial as his cough was caused in CW (which the second half takes after TCW) and his 4 arms where a surprise etc. I don't mind TCW overriding books or comics (even TCW comics) but when it clashes with the films or CW, that's just bad writing.

Having TCW override books and comics is no problem, the problem starts when TCW clashes with CW and ROTS. They should have been more careful with GG especial as his cough was caused in CW (which the second half takes after TCW) and his 4 arms where a surprise etc. I don't mind TCW overriding books or comics (even TCW comics) but when it clashes with the films or CW, that's just bad writing.

If it majorly contradicts Sith I think even the CW advocates here would have to agree that would be a pretty bad decision to approve such an episode on Lucas' part, though it wouldn't matter since the G-canon status of the movies is higher than the T-canon status of the TV show. The real issue is if the TV show contradicts the movie, leading Lucas to redo the movie. (fear of that goes way back to the first time we saw Ahsoka and worried that she'd be edited into Sith)

I would have to agree that for that to happen, some bad writing and some bad decisions will take place, but I'm always hopeful whenever a new CW Season comes out that I'll be pleasantly surprised by an increase in quality. Even being an OT fan, I enjoyed parts of the '03 series.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Seriously, tCW has messsed up so many things that nothing linked to it makes sence anymore. The only way that it can remain canon and not flip half the things in that time period upside down is if it's some kind of in-universe propoganda.

The only way that it can remain canon and not flip half the things in that time period upside down is if it's some kind of in-universe propoganda.

Like the super human Jedi powers in the CW where explained away as being an in universe cartoon drawn by a character in one of the episodes where he is saved by Mace Windu.

I believe this hasn't really been spotted here:

6076389438_4034bb9443.jpg

Grievous vs. Asajj! It's from the trailer, I believe.

I wonder why Grievous is on the Nightsister planet :sceptic:

I believe this hasn't really been spotted here:

I think it was but it kinda got overshadowed by the GG arguments.

Maybe with Savage gone CD sent GG to go eliminate Ventress to prevent her being a possible threat to him.

I think it was but it kinda got overshadowed by the GG arguments.

Maybe with Savage gone CD sent GG to go eliminate Ventress to prevent her being a possible threat to him.

What happened to Savage, I can't even remember..

Didn't he go to 'some planet' to visit 'one of his brothers', which looked a horribly lot like Maul?

What happened to Savage, I can't even remember..

Didn't he go to 'some planet' to visit 'one of his brothers', which looked a horribly lot like Maul?

Yes, it is Maul. Maul will appear in S4. Confirmed at Comic-Con. If it wasn't obvious from S3 E14.

And to someone's suspicion, Dooku is after Ventress yes, so assumes she'll be with the Nightsisters, and that's how the Battle of Dathomir begins...

And to someone's suspicion, Dooku is after Ventress yes, so assumes she'll be with the Nightsisters, and that's how the Battle of Dathomir begins...

Yeah that's what I would think. Hopefully Grievous kills her. We'll see.

So getting cut in half and falling a few hundred meters no longer kills someone :hmpf_bad:

He'll probably appear in a vision or something. If he's still alive, then the CW will have completely lost it.

He'll probably appear in a vision or something. If he's still alive, then the CW will have completely lost it.

I agree, but it's not completely impossible, since there's a book/comic where Darth Maul with robotic legs, searches for Ben Kenobi, and then finaly Ben kills him..

I agree, but it's not completely impossible, since there's a book/comic where Darth Maul with robotic legs, searches for Ben Kenobi, and then finaly Ben kills him..

Nah, that's not in the real universe. It's just a alternate universe thingy. But hey, Darth Maul's body with Grievous' legs! Who could've thought of that? :tongue:

Nah, that's not in the real universe. It's just a alternate universe thingy. But hey, Darth Maul's body with Grievous' legs! Who could've thought of that? :tongue:

Me and my mates from like 2001. I remember talking about him returning, when we were discussing how awesome Episode II would be.

Oh how wrong we were!

Yeah, once they introduced Dooku in Ep.II, I hated him. Maul just seemed cooler and more evil-ish. Oh, and did anyone catch Cody in Phase 2 armor? :cry_happy: And Rex looks awesome too. The mix is kinda weird though.

Me and my mates from like 2001. I remember talking about him returning, when we were discussing how awesome Episode II would be.

Oh how wrong we were!

What, you didn't learn your lesson in 1998? :laugh: