Sign in to follow this  
bigfatslob

Dark Lord

This was my first attempt at a "giant" moc. He stands over 60cm tall and I learned a great deal about making a moc of this size, stand. I hope you'll enjoy *vader* DARK LORD *vader* X

bfs

hm000053.jpg

hm000000.jpg

hm000060.jpg

hm000054.jpg

Yikes. He's bigger than my kids!

Maybe the best thing I've ever seen from you (and that's saying a lot). So solid and proportioned.

I don't feel qualified to criticize it in any way but....... (I will offer a humble thought anyway).

The head..Can the head be a bit bigger?

The elbows: Are those cones at the elbow necessary?- they just jut out and disrupt his shapely body (I say that in the most heterosexual manner, of course). I don't think the discs at the elbow seeme quite right.

Love the hands!

How posable is he? The elbow seems to move well, but can he bend his knees without collapsing under the weight?

But seriously, what a masterpiece.

Wow yet another bionic titan from bigfatslob, and as always it's huge and very creative. I just love that clikits star in the center of his chest. Unlike the Man-Chu you have found a good looking place for those darth vader helmets.

HAPPY SUMMER !

glyman- Thanks, everyone has the right to an opinion especially in forum like this where people post thier models for comment :-) . The knees bend about 20 degrees but spring back straight away due to the Lego shock absorbers and 9mm (with 3mm tubing inside) tubing forcing it straight (I went a little overboaord for strength). The elbow discs w/ cones are my feeble attempt @ elbow armor, looks weird, but at least its

PURPLE :-D

captaintau- Yes ! legendary *vader* Darth Varder *vader* helmets as shoulder armor >:-)

oo7- I believe you are soooo correct, the *vader* Darth Vader *vader* helmets look much better on the shoulders than the knees ( as on The Man Chu, but hey, at least Man Chu stood in @ 76 cm. !) :-)

bfs

The purple bionicle and red background are hurting my eyes. It looks really good, I keep being surprised of all the things you can do with Bionicle. 60 cm 8-

I agree with Gylman. This must be my favorite Bionicle creation as of know. I lose those Vader helmets and the way you did the chest. Awesome! *wub*

Wow! This is absolutly beautiful! I really like the way you used those ugly Galidor body pieces on the upper body.

I think the head might be a little too small, but it doesn't look bad. I also think the cape looks a little strange, but that's just me...

I agree with Gylman (and Kiku), this is my favorite Bionicle creation I've seen. 8-